Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,183)

Showing posts 143,641 - 143,660 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Always another sticky-wicket to deal with.
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
im guessin you're not quite out of your teens yet.
Wrong !!!!
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, in addition to being miserable, you're an attention wh@re.
You are a pathetic FK

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. Aren't you getting abusive now, I must've gotten on your last nerve, eh ?
Marriage is a vital social institution between two members of the opposite sex. It goes way beyond just an emotional relationship---it serves a vital role inthe stability and continuity of our society, something which homosexual marriages cannot provide. Unfortunately, the biggest victory of the gay movement has been to shift the debate from a 'behavior' to identity, whereby those that oppose homosexuality are considered bigoted or hateful.
You're both.
R Hudson wrote:
They have equated it to the Civil Rights Movement, seeking to obtain the rights granted under the constitution to all races or religions.
All US citizens should get equal rights.
R Hudson wrote:
Sexual behavior does not fall into either category!It is not about homosexuals wanting to enter into a 'marriage' so much as it is about them wanting to gain acceptance into mainstream society by redefining the traditional definition of the institution. It is a threat to society.
How?
R Hudson wrote:
It is not nature's way.
Eating your young is nature's way.
R Hudson wrote:
I just don't want you pushing your agenda on the majority who are not.
What, exactly is this "agenda"?
R Hudson wrote:
This is just about sexual preference--keep it in the bedroom. It is not about being denied any constitutional rights.
Yes, it is. It's a matter of equal rights for men and women.
R Hudson wrote:
This whole issue ties up valuable government resources and time, just to satisfy your need to be accepted, which was where my feelings were, accepting that you wish to be gay. It is the forceful way you are trying to redefine the very fabric of the meaning of marriage. It has been a traditionally defined ceremony for millenia, giving the aforementioned stability and definition to a special bond between man and woman. You wish to include yourselves in a way that renders the whole meaning obsolete and pointless. Why do you not simply accept your relationships with a separate and differing name and stop try to mimic us ? you are attempting to appropriate something you are not entitled to. Once you have achieved the desired result, now comes the public display of affection, gay parades,gay rallies, non-stop bombardment. The majority of us find this revolting and now have to avert our eyes and make explanations to our children
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
If you are so stupid you can't figure out how to tell your kids, "Some men like women, some like men. Some women like men, some like women.", then maybe you should get a vasectomy.
R Hudson wrote:
that we never used to. This is part of the threat, the simple comfort we used to take for granted, now swept away. If I had a child who was gay, I would still love him , but that does not mean I have accept or condone the bad behavior.
How's that for shutting up, b!tch ?
Would have been better if you had just shut up, because you didn't explain how homosexuality is a threat to society. And, dummy, I'm straight.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And frisbee is owned!!!
He was a lot of fun. I think he's all played out now though, tells me I "don't merit further attention". I'll keep his dopey frisbee picture up for a while longer, maybe he'll bite.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Your right r.c.h. did do comedy
Smokin Joe

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're both.
<quoted text>
All US citizens should get equal rights.
<quoted text>
How?
<quoted text>
Eating your young is nature's way.
<quoted text>
What, exactly is this "agenda"?
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. It's a matter of equal rights for men and women.
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
If you are so stupid you can't figure out how to tell your kids, "Some men like women, some like men. Some women like men, some like women.", then maybe you should get a vasectomy.
<quoted text>
Would have been better if you had just shut up, because you didn't explain how homosexuality is a threat to society. And, dummy, I'm straight.
You are reapeatig yourself again you tranny FKtard
Nosht

Diamond Bar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Comic Relief wrote:
Always another sticky-wicket to deal with.
Comic Relief cups his carrot to stimulate that pea brain of his.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So we are back to that ? Off-Topic. I made no racist statements.
Why bother to lie? It's up here for every one to see.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Smokin Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen ... people with thin lips, light skin, straight hair and flat butts .. so it's a monkey. Keep pulling hte race card you tranny
Hey, hudson, when you use a sock puppet, don't make it so obvious.
BTW, your racial slur has been reported.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
and you call me a fundie ? Howling at you, now. Why try to throw the bible at me ? You have been mocking it for eternity. Now it is your weapon ? Laughing my ass off at you.
Fundies like you claim to believe the buy-bull, that's why I quote it to you.
You are too stupid to understand that, so you laugh.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
all we need as a race is sperm and egg....
we could all be super gay and still make offspring??
what is your actual arguement here??
that marriage is needed for it to be a social agrangement?? where both parent share the responsibilities...??
but again, this can be acheived by adult commmunication between parents who ARNT married??
seeing as how the divorce rate is sky high(still) this is kind of a silly arguement to be having anyhow...
it is beneficial for both parents to be in a childs life on a super regular basis!!! but they dont have to be straight or be married to one another...
I think that notion is becoming slowly extinct.
You can stomp your feet all you like, it doesn't change the facts of where the SCOTUS stands on the issue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>He can't even admit he was wrong about Marriage being a right in the first place, even though that's what the Loving decision says. He also can't admit he's wrong when he absurdly claims, of all things, that the Constitution doesn't enumerate Rights. He's clinging to THAT nonsense.
You'll never get him to stand up like a man and admit any fault.
What you'll get is a lot of weaselly back-pedaling and attempts to retroactively revise his declarations. A lot of "depends on what your definition of 'is' is" type pathetic attempts at dodging are coming your way.
You aren't very bright are you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know...
You know something Rose?? That must be a new thing for you.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stomp your feet all you like, it doesn't change the facts of where the SCOTUS stands on the issue.
stomping my feet??

I guess I would be stomping them, if I was gay and wanted to get married to someone...BUT im not and I dont.

I was just telling who ever I was reponding to??(was it you?)

that marraige isnt really ABSOLUTELY needed for our race to survive.

doma will eventaully go the way that many other bigoted laws have gone....

extinction.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Including my right to not witness a giant dildoe in a gay parade, impeding my right to use Main Street freely ?
just stay home on gay day...

they likely dont want bigots there anyways....

I just find that kind of stuff funny...

you must have deep problems if a gay guy in the gay pride parade gives you offense.

you are a serious bigot and a troll.

I can understand why you answer every little stoopid post.

you dont have much to say that is not full of hate and bigotry..

you should find a thread where people think JUST like you,(and they are out there) so you can find a more appropriate home.

other wise you can just stay here and spew hate.....and get called out for it...
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
winson's nephew will book a Bed and Breakfast, and after Mom and Pop refuse a room to two men dressed as Indiana Jones, man squared will sue--you're unfamiliar with elder abuse by homosexuals?
then they'll target silver-haired Christian wedding photographers
elder abuse by homosexuals??

do you have any formal studies you can point to??

im very shocked and want to know more!!

studies?? that arnt sponsored by some religious institution??
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That means that your tranny ass doesn't belong in the world, and you should have been incinerated long ago....right at the abortion clinic, instead of being hatched in the psycho ward, in a petrie jar, marked "abortion, not quite finished"
there is that HiTLER thing coming out, with the backwoods(see deliverance) troll from OHIO.

right wingers ALWAYS say things like that when they are refering to people they dislike.

sorry pal...even in Ohio, you have deal with this diverse nation....
I kinda feel sorry for bigots like you...seeing as how america is becoming more open and diverse at the same time.

people are coming out of the closet in droves.....

so your archie bunker era of bigotry is pretty much over....

that is who you remind me of...archie bunker....

sitting there typing, hating everyone...

thats right, you are the modern version of that dock troll.

ps: for the first time ever?? in 2012? a marority of people accept gaydom!! your time is limited.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
stomping my feet??
I guess I would be stomping them, if I was gay and wanted to get married to someone...BUT im not and I dont.
I was just telling who ever I was reponding to??(was it you?)
that marraige isnt really ABSOLUTELY needed for our race to survive.
doma will eventaully go the way that many other bigoted laws have gone....
extinction.
Yawn.. DOMA should go away because the Federal Government lacks the enumerated power under the Constitution to regulate or define marriage.

It's a State issue, and has nothing to do with whether the law is "bigoted" or not.

BTW, if you can't keep up with the conversation, and whom you are responding to, then perhaps you aren't intelligent enough to engage in said conversation and should simply see your way out of it.

And another thing, perhaps you should learn a little grammar and invest in a spell checker? It would be easier to take you seriously if you didn't type like a 5 year old.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.. DOMA should go away because the Federal Government lacks the enumerated power under the Constitution to regulate or define marriage.
It's a State issue, and has nothing to do with whether the law is "bigoted" or not.
BTW, if you can't keep up with the conversation, and whom you are responding to, then perhaps you aren't intelligent enough to engage in said conversation and should simply see your way out of it.
And another thing, perhaps you should learn a little grammar and invest in a spell checker? It would be easier to take you seriously if you didn't type like a 5 year old.
You idiots are amazing. Who would of thought that a post which claims DOMA is unconstitutional would get 6 poor judge-its??

Goes to show that you are all just a bunch of sheep who can't think for yourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,641 - 143,660 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,028
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr The Dog 15,656
Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) 12 hr Lorraine 29
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
May 5: Swatzikas Needed for Local Mexican Eatery Apr 12 Venom 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••