Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,601 - 143,620 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you wrong? Your comment is complete nonsense. If you with to argue with the Supreme Court go right ahead, I am sure they would love to hear it.
BTW, why don't you read the actual case, where this position of the court originates- Skinner v Oklahoma- the position of the court had NOTHING to do with the "survival" of the people and their families and everything to do with the survival of the "RACE". It reference the ability to procreate, plain and simple.
But people like you never let context get in the way.
all we need as a race is sperm and egg....

we could all be super gay and still make offspring??

what is your actual arguement here??

that marriage is needed for it to be a social agrangement?? where both parent share the responsibilities...??

but again, this can be acheived by adult commmunication between parents who ARNT married??

seeing as how the divorce rate is sky high(still) this is kind of a silly arguement to be having anyhow...

it is beneficial for both parents to be in a childs life on a super regular basis!!! but they dont have to be straight or be married to one another...

I think that notion is becoming slowly extinct.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your continuous litany of insults is a clear indication of your unhappiness. Your need to tell us about your evening with a "hot sexy woman" is quite telling too. What you really need is a nice steamy roll with one of the guys from Rent Boy. You know you want it, just give in to your desires and you'll lose all that hostility you've got bottled up inside. After all, sexual activity is the sum total of what you and your friend karen see at the mention or sight of gay person in any light.
Uh-oh. Winston's frustrated, time for his biggest insult: "You're gay!"

Too Funny!
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Yes, you are lying. Post a link to where I complained about the Loving v VA decision, or admit you are lying.
He can't even admit he was wrong about Marriage being a right in the first place, even though that's what the Loving decision says. He also can't admit he's wrong when he absurdly claims, of all things, that the Constitution doesn't enumerate Rights. He's clinging to THAT nonsense.

You'll never get him to stand up like a man and admit any fault.
What you'll get is a lot of weaselly back-pedaling and attempts to retroactively revise his declarations. A lot of "depends on what your definition of 'is' is" type pathetic attempts at dodging are coming your way.
Winston Smith

North East, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh. Winston's frustrated
More accurately, I'm bored to death with the moronic drivel coming from those who get their hackles up at the sight of a gay person. That really is quite sad.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
You were trying to make some dumb argument about the constitution and failing badly. Boring.
My argument was that the Constitution (yes, it's capitalized) enumerates Rights. That you think it is dumb is quite telling.

Where did your avatar disappear to? You were so proud of it until I brought it up.:)
Mike DiRucci wrote:
Try again toots.
Try to own you again? No need. You've already taken down your avatar. Once is enough. You can't really be owned twice.

Keep up the big talk. It's TOTALLY working.........NOT!

*(I figured you'd be more comfortable with a stale burn that wasn't even funny 20 years ago)
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
More accurately, I'm bored to death with the moronic drivel coming from those who get their hackles up at the sight of a gay person. That really is quite sad.
Don't worry. That's just his schtick. He'll tell you over and over again how angry you are in a failed attempt to make you angry. It's what he has to offer instead of insight, ideas, thoughts, points, arguments....

He fancies himself as this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Yep. THAT's what he's going for here.

He even had a "Jerky Boys" avatar, but took it down because I made fun of him.
Interesting that he cares so much what I think, but there you have it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>My argument was that the Constitution (yes, it's capitalized) enumerates Rights. That you think it is dumb is quite telling.
Where did your avatar disappear to? You were so proud of it until I brought it up.:)
<quoted text>Try to own you again? No need. You've already taken down your avatar. Once is enough. You can't really be owned twice.
Keep up the big talk. It's TOTALLY working.........NOT!
*(I figured you'd be more comfortable with a stale burn that wasn't even funny 20 years ago)
Sure it's working, I make you post stupid responses. Good clean fun!

Wow! You're a real tough guy. Made me change my picture. Woops! It changed back.

Too funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry. That's just his schtick. He'll tell you over and over again how angry you are in a failed attempt to make you angry. It's what he has to offer instead of insight, ideas, thoughts, points, arguments....
He fancies himself as this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yep. THAT's what he's going for here.
He even had a "Jerky Boys" avatar, but took it down because I made fun of him.
Interesting that he cares so much what I think, but there you have it.
What happened to your stupid constitution argument? It failed so now your responding to 8th grade insults to cover up your failure. It's cool, I'm having fun with you.

Funny stuff from a guy name of frisbee. Has nothing to do with the topic though.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
What happened to your stupid constitution argument? It failed so now your responding to 8th grade insults to cover up your failure.
Nothing happened to it.
The Constitution enumerates Rights.
Explain how that is a 'failure'.
Frisbee wrote:
Try to own you again? No need. You've already taken down your avatar. Once is enough. You can't really be owned twice.
Only you could make it worse by putting an avatar back up.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing happened to it.
The Constitution enumerates Rights.
Explain how that is a 'failure'.
<quoted text>Only you could make it worse by putting an avatar back up.
Did your argument change anyone's mind frisbee? No? Well then it was a failure.

So where's your "avatar" tough guy? I own you. I won't let you have one.

Funny stuff!
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
Did your argument change anyone's mind frisbee? No? Well then it was a failure.
Facts are not failure. If people are too stupid to grasp that, I can't help them.

You took your avatar down for me. The ownage is complete and you know it. You're beneath any further attention.

You have fun flinging poo and screaming "look at me!", "look at me!". Your childish behavior doesn't cover up the fact that you simply aren't interesting and have nothing to offer the world.

It's a shame your parents didn't pay attention to you and this is what you have to do to fill the hole. To compensate for the fact that you feel insignificant and powerless.

Best of luck in someday becoming an adult.
Winston Smith

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
im guessin you're not quite out of your teens yet.
Yebbut, he goes out with super models.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Pogo Sticks work wonder on your problem.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are not failure. If people are too stupid to grasp that, I can't help them.
You took your avatar down for me. The ownage is complete and you know it. You're beneath any further attention.
You have fun flinging poo and screaming "look at me!", "look at me!". Your childish behavior doesn't cover up the fact that you simply aren't interesting and have nothing to offer the world.
It's a shame your parents didn't pay attention to you and this is what you have to do to fill the hole. To compensate for the fact that you feel insignificant and powerless.
Aw Frisbee, lighten up. You don't "own" anyone you silly jackass.

All you've got to do is ignore me but you can't, you respond every time. So who "owns" who? Funny stuff, I post, you jump. Maybe start calling you "frog".

P.S. You're off topic.

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yebbut, he goes out with super models.
in his day dreams with magazines
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

There is plenty of time to paint over this loud mouths postings.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If there weren't differing opinions no matter how dumb or smart, then it would be very boring. Think about it. Imagine if only "frisbee" was here posting his dopey nonsense about "owning" people etc. THAT would be boring!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Smokin Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
See Ho, it's not me you say is talking about the sex act; so keep your stupied responses to the right poster please. you ignorant fool. Give up the drugs and booze
"Stupied".'Nuf said.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>He can't even admit he was wrong about Marriage being a right in the first place, even though that's what the Loving decision says. He also can't admit he's wrong when he absurdly claims, of all things, that the Constitution doesn't enumerate Rights. He's clinging to THAT nonsense.
You'll never get him to stand up like a man and admit any fault.
What you'll get is a lot of weaselly back-pedaling and attempts to retroactively revise his declarations. A lot of "depends on what your definition of 'is' is" type pathetic attempts at dodging are coming your way.
Yeah, I know...
lester butters

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are not failure. If people are too stupid to grasp that, I can't help them.
You sound way too uptight and "over the top" gay. Now take a deep breath, smooth out your man-skirt (skort), and back away from the wall with the hole cutout in it. When things calm down you can go back to fellating those unwashed kokks poking through.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••