Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,541 - 143,560 of 200,343 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the idiots are coming out of the woodwork now. What part of "Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received." did you not understand?
Like tata, you seem to have some anger issues, karen. Probably deep seated in your own sexual frustration.
Hey queer boi, I don't have any anger issues 8) I have a great life, I don't have to dodge all the looks and queer jokes you must get all day long and constantly try to convince the Feds and society that you are normal too; but just a little funnier than most ... 8)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey queer boi, I don't have any anger issues 8) I have a great life, I don't have to dodge all the looks and queer jokes you must get all day long and constantly try to convince the Feds and society that you are normal too; but just a little funnier than most ... 8)
Sorry to out you, but if you really had a great life, you would not feel any need to post the way you do.

There IS help available for you, but you have to be the one to seek it out. It won't come to you.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Buttlicker
Not all the polls say that. Who is "ayn ryan"?
So if we are going to tax hard anyone making over 200k why does Obama not mention that and keep saying millionaires? Will making higher taxes on small business 200k be a good thing for the future of that business? Will they have to lay off or hire more part timers? Or since don't make that much like Joe's Landscaping, who cares?
Riccardo
hey riccardo......

I dont consider returning to clinton era tax rates for wealthy as being a "hard tax" for anyone who earns that kinda loot.

the wealthy DID FINE in the 90's as I remember.

after all, right now,?? the wealthy actaully pay an average of about 16 percent of their income in federal taxes....after their ninja tax lawyers get through with their jobs.....

I agree when you own lots of other assets?? their are all kinds of other taxes incurred........but you own stuff, so you are supposed to be able to pay for it.

so if we return to the billybob rates of the 90's??

the wealthy will actually only be paying about 3% more of their income to the IRS.

but it amounts to hundreds of billions.

mitt/rand proposal to lower taxes AND pay down the deficit??/

while adding two hundred billion dollars to the defense budget AND not compleatlt slashing the crap out of social programs??

is compleat fairy dust math.....
like billy bob himslef said??

it just doesnt add up.

you cannot do all those things, and anyone who believes you can(wthout borrowing it from china as they are so fond of saying on the stump) is a compleat idiot.

math is math....

just like you cannot change the fact that middle class demand is what comprises "markets"
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The question needs to be: Do they have an exit strategy for their war on women?
lie?? and try to look moderate?? like a democrat???

or the govenor of massachussets(when he was pro-choice)

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
hey riccardo......
I dont consider returning to clinton era tax rates for wealthy as being a "hard tax" for anyone who earns that kinda loot.
the wealthy DID FINE in the 90's as I remember.
after all, right now,?? the wealthy actaully pay an average of about 16 percent of their income in federal taxes....after their ninja tax lawyers get through with their jobs.....
I agree when you own lots of other assets?? their are all kinds of other taxes incurred........but you own stuff, so you are supposed to be able to pay for it.
so if we return to the billybob rates of the 90's??
the wealthy will actually only be paying about 3% more of their income to the IRS.
but it amounts to hundreds of billions.
mitt/rand proposal to lower taxes AND pay down the deficit??/
while adding two hundred billion dollars to the defense budget AND not compleatlt slashing the crap out of social programs??
is compleat fairy dust math.....
like billy bob himslef said??
it just doesnt add up.
you cannot do all those things, and anyone who believes you can(wthout borrowing it from china as they are so fond of saying on the stump) is a compleat idiot.
math is math....
just like you cannot change the fact that middle class demand is what comprises "markets"
In the 90s Canada was not offering the rich and business 15% max rate on taxes.......
Mexico was not offering 20 years of ZERO taxes......

In todays global market the USA must compete to keep the companies and jobs.......

What would Google lose by moving to Canada and saving a billion dollars per year in taxes if oslama raises the taxes on the rich and corporations?????

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are happy with the requirement the SCOTUS put on marriage being a "right"-
Essential to our existence and survival?
They didn't do that.
And people can exist and survive just fine without it.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
have the man and man decided on which Mom and Pop Bed and Breakfast to make honeymoon reservations at so they can sue the Christians out of the business?
And don't forget the Christian Mom and Pop wedding photographers
Oh, boo hoo.
Poor bigots.
Like Christians who object to interracial marriage.
If I were to marry and some fundie photographers quoted Gen 1:4 to me, I'd be more than happy to take the hundreds to thousands of dollars some other place. But, I'd still sue them.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to out you, but if you really had a great life, you would not feel any need to post the way you do.
There IS help available for you, but you have to be the one to seek it out. It won't come to you.
lol ... I"m not the one who needs the help, and there is nothing you have that I want. LMAO
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boo hoo.
Poor bigots.
Like Christians who object to interracial marriage.
If I were to marry and some fundie photographers quoted Gen 1:4 to me, I'd be more than happy to take the hundreds to thousands of dollars some other place. But, I'd still sue them.
This was the story of Rose No Ho, the first known instance of a butterface who died because he had lousy Topix posts.
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

The pass word is Willard.
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

You mean that pass word didn't work?
Michael Clark Duncan

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you who should go play with something sharp and electrified, you hater. Why don't you go die in misery, you f()cking piece of sh!t ? You weren't born with the sense that God gave a snail, and you are the worst piece of living feces I have ever come across. You have no business associating with us normal people and you certainly have no valid reason to be breathing my air. You are a prime example of why abortions are usually incinerated.
What a trolling human piece of shyte says! Hey stupid,the vast majority of AID's cases world wide are heterosexual! Sorry for your disease and sorry that it has rotted what little brain you ever had! More like a good time for your dirt nap LOSER! LOL
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

The paywall, or perhaps "sharewall," is still present on the site; you can see it by attempting to access any of the millions of documents WikiLeaks has posted.
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

The single most exciting thing you encounter in government is competence, because it's so rare.

But don't go and look for this in Glendora, California because there stillout looking for you money.
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

the closing remark or comment, as in an argument: By the rules of debate she would have the last word.
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Never need to knock, since your an idiot, come right on in.
Michael Clark Duncan

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I supposed to be hurt by that ? lol What a moron you must be in real life. AIDS was first documented in the homo community, a notorious drug using community, to be sure. It was the bisexuals who wanted it both ways that spread it to the heterosexual community, which is the majority, explaining why now, 30 years later, it is spread into the heterosexuals, thus producing the "vast majority" of which you so glibly speak. Idiot. Y'all gave it us. Wish the AIDS had stayed with the junkies and poofs and never crossed over into our ranks. Thanks to the bi's for that.....
Hey stupid,check out the stats on Africa and AID's and it proves exactly what a lying imbecile you are! The fact is it was heterosexuals who first ate contaminated monkey meat which then began the epidemic! It's truly amazing just how ignorant and outright stupid you are on the subject! Here are a couple of links that prove you to be the consummate LIAR that you are! But what the F does AID's have to do with the topic of the thread oh great ignorant one? Nothing! Educate yourself,if that's possible with a bigoted pin head like you!

The history of AID's

http://www.thebody.com/content/whatis/art4885...
Or

The origin of AID's

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-did-the-aids-epid...

Also

Origin of AID's and the first cases!

http://www.avert.org/origin-aids-hiv.htm
Michael Clark Duncan

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically speaking, I think you're as nutty as bat shyte. Who rattled yer cage, anyway ?
Why Prop 8 is in fact Unconstitutional!

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

HERE IS ONE......

is A 3% rise in real taxation(for the wealthy) going to drive all those businesses to canada??

I mean, its freaking cold there...

and mexico?? I know it is nice where you are?? but that is NOT the case in the north...

businesses go to other countries to take advantage of cheap labor....

it is WAY more of an incentive for moving than JUSt lax regulation or lower taxation....

obama is a master!!

he will get reelected and then force your party to vote for a middle class tax cut that doesnt include renewing the bush tax cuts for the wealthy.......which really is only a 3 percent real raise in taxation!! did the wealthy do that bad in the 90's.??

didnt grover norquist mandate that you guys do that???
or is that just tax cuts for millionaires??
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Get a grip or the FBI will be knocking on your door.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••