Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,156

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

#162746 Oct 12, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The question needs to be: Do they have an exit strategy for their war on women?
lie?? and try to look moderate?? like a democrat???

or the govenor of massachussets(when he was pro-choice)

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#162747 Oct 12, 2012
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
hey riccardo......
I dont consider returning to clinton era tax rates for wealthy as being a "hard tax" for anyone who earns that kinda loot.
the wealthy DID FINE in the 90's as I remember.
after all, right now,?? the wealthy actaully pay an average of about 16 percent of their income in federal taxes....after their ninja tax lawyers get through with their jobs.....
I agree when you own lots of other assets?? their are all kinds of other taxes incurred........but you own stuff, so you are supposed to be able to pay for it.
so if we return to the billybob rates of the 90's??
the wealthy will actually only be paying about 3% more of their income to the IRS.
but it amounts to hundreds of billions.
mitt/rand proposal to lower taxes AND pay down the deficit??/
while adding two hundred billion dollars to the defense budget AND not compleatlt slashing the crap out of social programs??
is compleat fairy dust math.....
like billy bob himslef said??
it just doesnt add up.
you cannot do all those things, and anyone who believes you can(wthout borrowing it from china as they are so fond of saying on the stump) is a compleat idiot.
math is math....
just like you cannot change the fact that middle class demand is what comprises "markets"
In the 90s Canada was not offering the rich and business 15% max rate on taxes.......
Mexico was not offering 20 years of ZERO taxes......

In todays global market the USA must compete to keep the companies and jobs.......

What would Google lose by moving to Canada and saving a billion dollars per year in taxes if oslama raises the taxes on the rich and corporations?????

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#162748 Oct 12, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are happy with the requirement the SCOTUS put on marriage being a "right"-
Essential to our existence and survival?
They didn't do that.
And people can exist and survive just fine without it.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#162749 Oct 12, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
have the man and man decided on which Mom and Pop Bed and Breakfast to make honeymoon reservations at so they can sue the Christians out of the business?
And don't forget the Christian Mom and Pop wedding photographers
Oh, boo hoo.
Poor bigots.
Like Christians who object to interracial marriage.
If I were to marry and some fundie photographers quoted Gen 1:4 to me, I'd be more than happy to take the hundreds to thousands of dollars some other place. But, I'd still sue them.
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162751 Oct 12, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to out you, but if you really had a great life, you would not feel any need to post the way you do.
There IS help available for you, but you have to be the one to seek it out. It won't come to you.
lol ... I"m not the one who needs the help, and there is nothing you have that I want. LMAO
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#162752 Oct 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boo hoo.
Poor bigots.
Like Christians who object to interracial marriage.
If I were to marry and some fundie photographers quoted Gen 1:4 to me, I'd be more than happy to take the hundreds to thousands of dollars some other place. But, I'd still sue them.
This was the story of Rose No Ho, the first known instance of a butterface who died because he had lousy Topix posts.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162754 Oct 12, 2012
The pass word is Willard.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162757 Oct 12, 2012
You mean that pass word didn't work?
Michael Clark Duncan

Beacon, NY

#162760 Oct 12, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you who should go play with something sharp and electrified, you hater. Why don't you go die in misery, you f()cking piece of sh!t ? You weren't born with the sense that God gave a snail, and you are the worst piece of living feces I have ever come across. You have no business associating with us normal people and you certainly have no valid reason to be breathing my air. You are a prime example of why abortions are usually incinerated.
What a trolling human piece of shyte says! Hey stupid,the vast majority of AID's cases world wide are heterosexual! Sorry for your disease and sorry that it has rotted what little brain you ever had! More like a good time for your dirt nap LOSER! LOL
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162763 Oct 12, 2012
The paywall, or perhaps "sharewall," is still present on the site; you can see it by attempting to access any of the millions of documents WikiLeaks has posted.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162770 Oct 12, 2012
The single most exciting thing you encounter in government is competence, because it's so rare.

But don't go and look for this in Glendora, California because there stillout looking for you money.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162773 Oct 12, 2012
the closing remark or comment, as in an argument: By the rules of debate she would have the last word.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162777 Oct 12, 2012
Never need to knock, since your an idiot, come right on in.
Michael Clark Duncan

Beacon, NY

#162778 Oct 12, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I supposed to be hurt by that ? lol What a moron you must be in real life. AIDS was first documented in the homo community, a notorious drug using community, to be sure. It was the bisexuals who wanted it both ways that spread it to the heterosexual community, which is the majority, explaining why now, 30 years later, it is spread into the heterosexuals, thus producing the "vast majority" of which you so glibly speak. Idiot. Y'all gave it us. Wish the AIDS had stayed with the junkies and poofs and never crossed over into our ranks. Thanks to the bi's for that.....
Hey stupid,check out the stats on Africa and AID's and it proves exactly what a lying imbecile you are! The fact is it was heterosexuals who first ate contaminated monkey meat which then began the epidemic! It's truly amazing just how ignorant and outright stupid you are on the subject! Here are a couple of links that prove you to be the consummate LIAR that you are! But what the F does AID's have to do with the topic of the thread oh great ignorant one? Nothing! Educate yourself,if that's possible with a bigoted pin head like you!

The history of AID's

http://www.thebody.com/content/whatis/art4885...
Or

The origin of AID's

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-did-the-aids-epid...

Also

Origin of AID's and the first cases!

http://www.avert.org/origin-aids-hiv.htm
Michael Clark Duncan

Beacon, NY

#162780 Oct 12, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically speaking, I think you're as nutty as bat shyte. Who rattled yer cage, anyway ?
Why Prop 8 is in fact Unconstitutional!

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments/
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

#162781 Oct 12, 2012
HERE IS ONE......

is A 3% rise in real taxation(for the wealthy) going to drive all those businesses to canada??

I mean, its freaking cold there...

and mexico?? I know it is nice where you are?? but that is NOT the case in the north...

businesses go to other countries to take advantage of cheap labor....

it is WAY more of an incentive for moving than JUSt lax regulation or lower taxation....

obama is a master!!

he will get reelected and then force your party to vote for a middle class tax cut that doesnt include renewing the bush tax cuts for the wealthy.......which really is only a 3 percent real raise in taxation!! did the wealthy do that bad in the 90's.??

didnt grover norquist mandate that you guys do that???
or is that just tax cuts for millionaires??
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162782 Oct 12, 2012
Get a grip or the FBI will be knocking on your door.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#162783 Oct 12, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Allowing gay couples to marry doesn't change that a bit, does it?
Do you think before you post?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#162784 Oct 12, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I supposed to be hurt by that ? lol What a moron you must be in real life. AIDS was first documented in the homo community, a notorious drug using community, to be sure. It was the bisexuals who wanted it both ways that spread it to the heterosexual community, which is the majority, explaining why now, 30 years later, it is spread into the heterosexuals, thus producing the "vast majority" of which you so glibly speak. Idiot. Y'all gave it us. Wish the AIDS had stayed with the junkies and poofs and never crossed over into our ranks. Thanks to the bi's for that.....
Actually, it had nothing to do with drug use and regardless of where it might have been labeled to have started, the fact is that HIV/AIDS has been in this Country since the 1940's, if not longer.

Besides, this argument has nothing to do with the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples mainly because we don't prevent Straights from marrying just because they might be HIV/AIDS positive!!!
Edgar

Spring, TX

#162785 Oct 12, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
White House records reveal that the moderator of last night's vice presidential debate, Martha Raddatz, visited Vice President Joe Biden at his official residence on March 26, 2012. Raddatz is an employee of ABC News. On at least one other occasion, Raddatz visited the White House. According to records, that visit was on December 18, 2009. The reason for that visit is not known, though her meeting appears to have taken place in the Old Executive Office Building, and not the West Wing.
Before last night's debate, Raddatz came under scrutiny after the Daily Caller revealed she had attended President Barack Obama's wedding in 1991 with her now ex-husband, Obama administration official Julius Genachowski.
The whole debate was a set up. Biden seemed to know the questions and knew he was allowed to interrupt and talk over Ryan, and Raddatz changed the topic or didn't press Biden on issues like the cover up in Libya.
How far up your butt do you have to go to pull that kind of conspiracy out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min rabbee yehoshooah... 70,995
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info