Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162739 Oct 12, 2012
It's Friday so what else can you say?
Winston Smith

United States

#162740 Oct 12, 2012
karen wrote:
<quoted text>
So what color dress did you wear to your f.aggett nephew's wedding? How was the sloppy seconds you received in their bed at night??!
I see the idiots are coming out of the woodwork now. What part of "Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received." did you not understand?

Like tata, you seem to have some anger issues, karen. Probably deep seated in your own sexual frustration.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#162741 Oct 12, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
the debates seem to only have time for the economy and foriegn affairs...
I wish there were more of them, like in the primaries.
then we could really air out the laundry....
like that there have been well over 1000 bills introduced at the state level by the teapublican party to restrict womens health care.
across the board@!!
we found out that they actually REALLY DONT like birth control...
and they are still trying to push personhood amendments(for fetus's), even though one lost in misssisippi by 19 points and in colorado by 38 points.
vaginal probes????
need I say more?? OK.
from analyzing this political strategy, I can only guess that the reep-publican are running out of dupable constituents....
so they NEED to support policies that produce inbred children, like NO CONDOMS and NO abortion in any cases, including being raped by your dad or brother.
The question needs to be: Do they have an exit strategy for their war on women?
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162742 Oct 12, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
My point? In that post it would appear to be that you seem a bit cranky. You've confirmed it with this one. I was hoping my nephew's marriage would cheer you up a bit. I'm happy for them. Whay aren't you?
I'm not a bit cranky, as a matter of fact I am very happy, I am happy that in a few hours from now I will be enjoying an evenning with a very hot sexy woman. I could care less about the two queer bois that secretly went off and elopped. Any more stupid questions ?? why don't you spend the honeymoon with them you fag
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162743 Oct 12, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the idiots are coming out of the woodwork now. What part of "Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received." did you not understand?
Like tata, you seem to have some anger issues, karen. Probably deep seated in your own sexual frustration.
Hey queer boi, I don't have any anger issues 8) I have a great life, I don't have to dodge all the looks and queer jokes you must get all day long and constantly try to convince the Feds and society that you are normal too; but just a little funnier than most ... 8)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#162744 Oct 12, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey queer boi, I don't have any anger issues 8) I have a great life, I don't have to dodge all the looks and queer jokes you must get all day long and constantly try to convince the Feds and society that you are normal too; but just a little funnier than most ... 8)
Sorry to out you, but if you really had a great life, you would not feel any need to post the way you do.

There IS help available for you, but you have to be the one to seek it out. It won't come to you.
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

#162745 Oct 12, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Buttlicker
Not all the polls say that. Who is "ayn ryan"?
So if we are going to tax hard anyone making over 200k why does Obama not mention that and keep saying millionaires? Will making higher taxes on small business 200k be a good thing for the future of that business? Will they have to lay off or hire more part timers? Or since don't make that much like Joe's Landscaping, who cares?
Riccardo
hey riccardo......

I dont consider returning to clinton era tax rates for wealthy as being a "hard tax" for anyone who earns that kinda loot.

the wealthy DID FINE in the 90's as I remember.

after all, right now,?? the wealthy actaully pay an average of about 16 percent of their income in federal taxes....after their ninja tax lawyers get through with their jobs.....

I agree when you own lots of other assets?? their are all kinds of other taxes incurred........but you own stuff, so you are supposed to be able to pay for it.

so if we return to the billybob rates of the 90's??

the wealthy will actually only be paying about 3% more of their income to the IRS.

but it amounts to hundreds of billions.

mitt/rand proposal to lower taxes AND pay down the deficit??/

while adding two hundred billion dollars to the defense budget AND not compleatlt slashing the crap out of social programs??

is compleat fairy dust math.....
like billy bob himslef said??

it just doesnt add up.

you cannot do all those things, and anyone who believes you can(wthout borrowing it from china as they are so fond of saying on the stump) is a compleat idiot.

math is math....

just like you cannot change the fact that middle class demand is what comprises "markets"
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

#162746 Oct 12, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The question needs to be: Do they have an exit strategy for their war on women?
lie?? and try to look moderate?? like a democrat???

or the govenor of massachussets(when he was pro-choice)

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#162747 Oct 12, 2012
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
hey riccardo......
I dont consider returning to clinton era tax rates for wealthy as being a "hard tax" for anyone who earns that kinda loot.
the wealthy DID FINE in the 90's as I remember.
after all, right now,?? the wealthy actaully pay an average of about 16 percent of their income in federal taxes....after their ninja tax lawyers get through with their jobs.....
I agree when you own lots of other assets?? their are all kinds of other taxes incurred........but you own stuff, so you are supposed to be able to pay for it.
so if we return to the billybob rates of the 90's??
the wealthy will actually only be paying about 3% more of their income to the IRS.
but it amounts to hundreds of billions.
mitt/rand proposal to lower taxes AND pay down the deficit??/
while adding two hundred billion dollars to the defense budget AND not compleatlt slashing the crap out of social programs??
is compleat fairy dust math.....
like billy bob himslef said??
it just doesnt add up.
you cannot do all those things, and anyone who believes you can(wthout borrowing it from china as they are so fond of saying on the stump) is a compleat idiot.
math is math....
just like you cannot change the fact that middle class demand is what comprises "markets"
In the 90s Canada was not offering the rich and business 15% max rate on taxes.......
Mexico was not offering 20 years of ZERO taxes......

In todays global market the USA must compete to keep the companies and jobs.......

What would Google lose by moving to Canada and saving a billion dollars per year in taxes if oslama raises the taxes on the rich and corporations?????

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#162748 Oct 12, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are happy with the requirement the SCOTUS put on marriage being a "right"-
Essential to our existence and survival?
They didn't do that.
And people can exist and survive just fine without it.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#162749 Oct 12, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
have the man and man decided on which Mom and Pop Bed and Breakfast to make honeymoon reservations at so they can sue the Christians out of the business?
And don't forget the Christian Mom and Pop wedding photographers
Oh, boo hoo.
Poor bigots.
Like Christians who object to interracial marriage.
If I were to marry and some fundie photographers quoted Gen 1:4 to me, I'd be more than happy to take the hundreds to thousands of dollars some other place. But, I'd still sue them.
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162751 Oct 12, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to out you, but if you really had a great life, you would not feel any need to post the way you do.
There IS help available for you, but you have to be the one to seek it out. It won't come to you.
lol ... I"m not the one who needs the help, and there is nothing you have that I want. LMAO
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#162752 Oct 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boo hoo.
Poor bigots.
Like Christians who object to interracial marriage.
If I were to marry and some fundie photographers quoted Gen 1:4 to me, I'd be more than happy to take the hundreds to thousands of dollars some other place. But, I'd still sue them.
This was the story of Rose No Ho, the first known instance of a butterface who died because he had lousy Topix posts.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162754 Oct 12, 2012
The pass word is Willard.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162757 Oct 12, 2012
You mean that pass word didn't work?
Michael Clark Duncan

Beacon, NY

#162760 Oct 12, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you who should go play with something sharp and electrified, you hater. Why don't you go die in misery, you f()cking piece of sh!t ? You weren't born with the sense that God gave a snail, and you are the worst piece of living feces I have ever come across. You have no business associating with us normal people and you certainly have no valid reason to be breathing my air. You are a prime example of why abortions are usually incinerated.
What a trolling human piece of shyte says! Hey stupid,the vast majority of AID's cases world wide are heterosexual! Sorry for your disease and sorry that it has rotted what little brain you ever had! More like a good time for your dirt nap LOSER! LOL
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162763 Oct 12, 2012
The paywall, or perhaps "sharewall," is still present on the site; you can see it by attempting to access any of the millions of documents WikiLeaks has posted.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162770 Oct 12, 2012
The single most exciting thing you encounter in government is competence, because it's so rare.

But don't go and look for this in Glendora, California because there stillout looking for you money.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162773 Oct 12, 2012
1.
the closing remark or comment, as in an argument: By the rules of debate she would have the last word.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162777 Oct 12, 2012
Never need to knock, since your an idiot, come right on in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
public officials violating federal laws 10 hr Un agenda 21 and ... 3
the music thread (Apr '12) Sat Musikologist 19
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Sat ikestubbs 1,535
News Letters: Charter application superior (Jan '11) May 21 Yin Simons 13
News Taking extraordinary measures to wear an extrao... May 18 outtogether 2
News Police: Armed robbery at Santa Cruz sandwich sh... May 11 bump 1
News Business on hold for P.G. pot club (Mar '10) May 9 Mike 8
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]