Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,185

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162656 Oct 11, 2012
Comic relief wrote:
Some times it comes in many forms.
What form might you be?
Bev

San Diego, CA

#162657 Oct 11, 2012
You have expressed my feelings exactly. This is not about the same sex marrying. It is about the courts over turning laws that the majority of the people have voted for. We are not talking about hundreds of people, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. The voice of The People is being taken away.
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162658 Oct 11, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, "ta-tas" is a common slang term for breasts. There is even a "save the ta-tas site". "Boobs" is also a common slang term for breasts. "Boob" is a common slang term for a total idiot, like you. Now, "tata" would be singular for "ta-tas" and "boob" singular for "boobs". So, I asked if you used the nick name "tata" because you are a boob.
(Can't believe I had to explain that one...)
http://www.savethetatas.com/
Ok I guess I have heard it, but mostly by women and queers like you, but me being a man use other terms. Now the term Tata is a word/term used by Croations that refers to grandpa, can you understand this now? probably not because you are too stupid.
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162659 Oct 11, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect, tater. You acquired your stupidity the natural way. In other words, you were born that way.
What ever you say you second class queer bait
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#162660 Oct 11, 2012
This topic is just another gang-bang operation set up by the Republican / Tea Party Nation member's..
ELA Pinky

Los Angeles, CA

#162661 Oct 11, 2012
Chaune wrote:
<quoted text>What form might you be?
Why don't you take your testicle licking self and go elsewhere, Chaune? You're a douche - bag!
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

#162662 Oct 11, 2012
ELA Pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you take your testicle licking self and go elsewhere, Chaune? You're a douche - bag!
OH OK Pinky. How do you like that warm yogurt on your back? Phucknuckle!!
Comic relief

Covina, CA

#162663 Oct 11, 2012
There all over the air waves, but those stupid republican / tea baggers can't see a single tree in the forest.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#162664 Oct 11, 2012
Bev wrote:
You have expressed my feelings exactly. This is not about the same sex marrying. It is about the courts over turning laws that the majority of the people have voted for. We are not talking about hundreds of people, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. The voice of The People is being taken away.
<quoted text>
If you hadn't slept through civics class, you would know that the majority cannot vote away the rights of the minority. The Court was doing its job.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162665 Oct 11, 2012
Even so called SMART people who do dumb things aren't worth a pile of spit.

The chief diversity officer at Gallaudet University was put on administrative leave October 10, 2012 after the school learned she had signed a petition supporting efforts to reverse Marylandís same-sex marriage law.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#162666 Oct 11, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the jackass who names himself "frisbee" which is a silly toy from over 50 years ago. Priceless!
Now stop and think about the aerodynamics involved in that "silly" toy...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#162667 Oct 11, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a liar Rose. You are the one who complained about the decision because it included- Essential to our existence and survival- in its description of marriage.
You seem confused, but what's new?
Yes, you are lying. Post a link to where I complained about the Loving v VA decision, or admit you are lying.

North Hollywood, CA

#162668 Oct 11, 2012
Bev wrote:
You have expressed my feelings exactly. This is not about the same sex marrying. It is about the courts over turning laws that the majority of the people have voted for.
Oh, BS.
Anyway, that's their job!
Bev wrote:
We are not talking about hundreds of people, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. The voice of The People is being taken away.
<quoted text>
Get over yourself. "The people" shouldn't be allowed to deny people basic, equal rights. Why do you think we have a Constitution and just don't vote on everything?

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#162669 Oct 11, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are lying. Post a link to where I complained about the Loving v VA decision, or admit you are lying.
Post a link to where you claim I made death threats or admit you are lying........

oops
I mean the threats you said were death threats and then changed your mind and said they are not really death threats but still kind of a death threat and then you changed your story again and said they were death threats but I was not arrested and are still posting because they were not real death threats because you claim I said I was going to kill you with my mind power..........LOL

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#162670 Oct 11, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Now stop and think about the aerodynamics involved in that "silly" toy...
Slow day, eh Tubby?
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162671 Oct 11, 2012
Your up next, don't forget your lines.
Winston Smith

United States

#162672 Oct 11, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever you say you second class queer bait
Awe gee taterhead, you sound as if you missed your afternoon nap. Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received. My nephew and his partner were married and just let the cat out of the bag.
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#162673 Oct 11, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe gee taterhead, you sound as if you missed your afternoon nap. Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received. My nephew and his partner were married and just let the cat out of the bag.
Mazol tav!
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

#162674 Oct 11, 2012
Just another F an R..

Forks Republican.

North Hollywood, CA

#162675 Oct 11, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Post a link to where you claim I made death threats or admit you are lying........
oops
There is no link, and you know it. That's why you keep asking me to post one. You sent the threats to me. Private messages. Notice you never ask me to post the actual threats you sent me.
Why is that?
Here Is One wrote:
I mean the threats you said were death threats and then changed your mind and said they are not really death threats but still kind of a death threat and then you changed your story again and said they were death threats but I was not arrested and are still posting because they were not real death threats because you claim I said I was going to kill you with my mind power..........LOL
LOLSER.
Why are you playing this game?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr J RULES 71,185
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... 18 hr Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at December 24 at 8:03AM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:12 pm PST