Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,341 - 143,360 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 20 hrs ago
Winston Smith

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know about anything, you are mixed up about your sexuality
WTF? I'm as gay as the day is long. Everyone here already knows that. I'm not mixed up about anything... if its long, hard, and wet, then I'm in 100%.
Winston Smith

Lincoln, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Winston Smith.
If that is an euphemism you were using in expensive taxpayer funded Government school 4th grade, why is it necessary for the Homosexual and non-Homosexual California legislators to use hard earned taxpayer money to teach Homosexuality to us little kids and the girls?
Ronald
Evidently you're intellectually impaired if you think "that man puts his plug into the slot" is ome form of homosexual remarks and a result of expensive public education.

Try making an intelligent remark sometime.
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know about anything, you are mixed up about your sexuality
I am?! That is very interesting. All these years I thought I was heterosexual. How do I break this to my wife?
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, God did say Adam and Eve, He created them both man and woman. You say a long time ago, as though 7000 years is long than 11 billion years, which is the story concocted to explain how a Jurassic 195 million year old rat would soon become your dad. Yes, we have science and it does not refute the creation story, it does however refute your gay gene and born gay myth. We view gays as a metaphor for failed parenting, not actual separate creations.
Itr is becoming apparent that your family tree has no branches.

Explain the following for the class, sparky:

http://www.nationalacademies.org/evolution/St...
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? I'm as gay as the day is long. Everyone here already knows that. I'm not mixed up about anything... if its long, hard, and wet, then I'm in 100%.
Here we go again...

At least try to hide your location so it isn't so obvious that you're someone else.
TeTe

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

We of course are communicating about the same stupid issue that has been resovled centuries ago?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Fkk off turd. Get a job and get off welfare.
Moans a lott

I agree we need to turn those away from welfare as a career, but there was no indication of anyone here saying they were on welfare or without a job. Why are you using it as an insult and yet you support the great Obama? Since welfare has been the great obama's selling pitch for votes. And his stimulus plans were for jobs overseas. Or were you asking him to move out of the country?

Riccardo
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you abrogated your parents and that so called special gene stops with you as you wish to take evolve out of evolution.
Voted down every time and even if it were it is merely an indicator of just how far gone society is headed because of vice and money.
...yawn...
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Itr is becoming apparent that your family tree has no branches.
Explain the following for the class, sparky:
http://www.nationalacademies.org/evolution/St...
His family tree is a cactus.... they're all pricks.
Cliffords

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

A Minneapolis police sergeant punched another man outside an Andover bar back in June 2012 has been released from jail under the conditions, submits to random testing, stays away from drugs or alcohol, and keeps away from the incident’s victims.

David Richard Clifford, 48, is charged with first-degree assault, Brian Vanderlee.

Clifford’s next court date is December 5, 2012..

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't search for this topix specifically, it kind of jumped out at me.
Quit trying to dodge responsiblity. It wouldn't "jump out" at you if you didn't care.
Tata wrote:
What I read seemed to be important enough to see how the gay cult wanted to revise the wording of our Constitution which would affect my rights.
You wouldn't think it's important if you didn't care.
And you can't come up with a single way gay marriage would affect your rights. You are just looking for an excuse.
Tata wrote:
I feel the demands of gay people will affect the way government conducts various tax laws that have been written and put into place for a normal and moral society.
You homophobes always talk about taxes as if gay people don't pay them.
Tata wrote:
There is NOTHING preventing any citiizen from marring. You say you are not gay, so why did you search the internet for a place to talk about gay people?? either you are hetero and want to protect you right to uphold the Constitution as it reads or you are gay and want to change its meaning. We all have the same rights
I'm not lying and saying I don't think the issue is important, like you are.
And, I don't have the same rights a man does, I can't marry a woman. A man doesn't have the same rights I do, he can't marry a man. So, you are lying, we don't all have the same rights.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because you liberals refuse to listen to reason. Your heads are barried deep in the sand. Where is it written that homos can't marry ??
All you homophobes have are word games. No real arguments.
Tata wrote:
Your explanation of how Adam and Eve were created is typical of an Athiest way of thinking, too bad the majority of Americans in this country agree with how this country was built on a religious platform, regardless of what you say or think. I know your purpose in life is to tear that platform down but my purpose is to keekp it alive.
There will never be a shortage of dumb people like you, I fear. Why can't you keep your Bronze Age beliefs to yourselves? Think it's a "sin" to have gay sex? Don't have any. Then fk off and mind your own business.
"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." 1 Peter 4:15

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, they are doing both, but the intent is to teach homosexuality. How they teach 5 year old kids that being homosexual is an alternative
Rose's Law...
And you are lying. Gay people don't teach that being gay is an alternative. You are either gay, or you're not.
By 9 I knew I was attracted to boys in a way I wasn't attracted to girls. If someone had told me I could be a lesbian, it wouldn't have done a damn thing. I don't think anything short of hooking my privates up to a car battery and giving me a shock every time I had a (sexual) thought or feeling about a boy could have changed me. And it would more likely have just resulted in scar tissue and a spent battery. I assume it's the same way for gay people, except that the feelings are for the same sex.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
and that they could be gay and it is cool. Many kids have come home to mom and said I wanna be a gay, can I be a gay.
You just made that up.
Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
It is called indoctrination and child abuse. Yes, the right way is when mom and ad tell kids "Some people are sick and choose to be gay, you should not pick on them and call them names, because they have mental issues. We are to love them and tell them that God wants them to stop sinning."
No, it's not a good idea for parents to lie like that.

Russia neighbors

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Anderson Cooper on Bristol Palin: Get Off TV, Get a Real job.

And not the kind your mother has or she says she has.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law...
And you are lying. Gay people don't teach that being gay is an alternative. You are either gay, or you're not.
By 9 I knew I was attracted to boys in a way I wasn't attracted to girls. If someone had told me I could be a lesbian, it wouldn't have done a damn thing. I don't think anything short of hooking my privates up to a car battery and giving me a shock every time I had a (sexual) thought or feeling about a boy could have changed me. And it would more likely have just resulted in scar tissue and a spent battery. I assume it's the same way for gay people, except that the feelings are for the same sex.
<quoted text>
You just made that up.
<quoted text>
No, it's not a good idea for parents to lie like that.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. According to the parental instruction manual:

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Ronald

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am?! That is very interesting. All these years I thought I was heterosexual. How do I break this to my wife?
She already knows.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. According to the parental instruction manual:
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)
Ronald
This is your idea of a "parental instruction manual"?
"Suppose a man has a stubborn, rebellious son who will not obey his father or mother, even though they discipline him. In such cases, the father and mother must take the son before the leaders of the town. They must declare:'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious and refuses to obey. He is a worthless drunkard.' Then all the men of the town must stone him to death. In this way, you will cleanse this evil from among you, and all Israel will hear about it and be afraid." (Deuteronomy 21:18-21 NLT)
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your idea of a "parental instruction manual"?
"Suppose a man has a stubborn, rebellious son who will not obey his father or mother, even though they discipline him. In such cases, the father and mother must take the son before the leaders of the town. They must declare:'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious and refuses to obey. He is a worthless drunkard.' Then all the men of the town must stone him to death. In this way, you will cleanse this evil from among you, and all Israel will hear about it and be afraid." (Deuteronomy 21:18-21 NLT)
Rose_NoHo.

How come you are an anti-semite? Do you deny "The Holocaust" too?

Ronald
No Rs

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

No more R'S, ONE WAS ENOUGH.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

No Rs wrote:
No more R'S, ONE WAS ENOUGH.
They're angry because they made a mess and apparently we didn't "clean it up fast enough", so they, the people who caused the mess, should inherit it again.

Sounds logical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search