Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#162444 Oct 8, 2012
UnoIt wrote:
<quoted text>You're right this idiot from Covina keeps posting inaccurate and assinine comments. Yea you Covina boy.
UnoIt.

Look at it from his point of view. He is one of the taxpayer supported 47 percenters. Because of his expensive taxpayer funded Government "education" he is unable to form coherent sentences, much less being capable of combining sentences in order to express cogent ideas. He must do something to keep busy until he receives his taxpayer funded Government check. He has achieved his goal in life - being a nuisance, and spending his time ensuring that serious discussion of important issues of the day is impeded. Politically, he aligns himself with those who believe Big Bird is the defining issue of the day.

Ronald
GODS WORD

Adelanto, CA

#162445 Oct 8, 2012
GOD SAID ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE IM NOT RACIST,JUST CUZ I DON'T AGREE WITH JUDGES TURNING ON OUR VOTES, THEN WHY SHOULD I VOTE IF ITS NOT GOING TO COUNT.
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#162446 Oct 8, 2012
the logic behind this--which two US Supreme Court Justices have said is an easy "Negative"--is mind-boggling

per homosexuals, 10% of the Moslem world is homosexual but is beaten down

why the heck aren't Rick and the two Roses on camels and perhaps accidentally (hopefully) triggering nuclear explosions in the Middle East as freedom fighters?
Winston Smith

Bethania, NC

#162448 Oct 8, 2012
GODS WORD wrote:
GOD SAID ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE IM NOT RACIST,JUST CUZ I DON'T AGREE WITH JUDGES TURNING ON OUR VOTES, THEN WHY SHOULD I VOTE IF ITS NOT GOING TO COUNT.
God never said Adam and Eve. The tale is he created them. Unfortunately all you've done is show your ignorance as a few religions are coming around, finally, to evolution.

Adam and Eve is a story concocted to explain the origins of man a looooong loooooong time ago before anyone knew didly about squat. Now we have science and understand a lot of things better than we did a few thousand years ago when that was written. Besides, it is old testament, view it as metaphor, not actual history.
BrassRing

Sierra Madre, CA

#162450 Oct 8, 2012
Sure is nice to know someone knows how to polich brass still.
Tata

Westminster, CA

#162452 Oct 8, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
God never said Adam and Eve. The tale is he created them. Unfortunately all you've done is show your ignorance as a few religions are coming around, finally, to evolution.
Adam and Eve is a story concocted to explain the origins of man a looooong loooooong time ago before anyone knew didly about squat. Now we have science and understand a lot of things better than we did a few thousand years ago when that was written. Besides, it is old testament, view it as metaphor, not actual history.
Bla bla bla .. you believe what you want, the FACT is that man puts his plug into the slot.
TeeTee

Sierra Madre, CA

#162453 Oct 8, 2012
What ever floats your boat.
TeeTee

Sierra Madre, CA

#162454 Oct 8, 2012
Sure is nice to know someone knows how to polish brass still.

Guess the republicans are really old school and want to fall back into more backwards times of pay offs and bribes?

Go get em, Willard Mitt Romney.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#162456 Oct 8, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are liberals so selfish ? the liberals in the topix forum only care about their odd agenda and to restructure the rights all citizens have to suit their own odd lifestyle.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Oscar Wilde

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/o/os...

North Hollywood, CA

#162457 Oct 8, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy .. The right to be recognized and have SSM, the right to teach homosexuality in "Public" schools, the right to marry someone who is HIV/AIDS infected so they can get government assistanace for the entire household, I can go on and on.
Anybody would be able to marry someone of the same sex, so it's not a special right. How can you "teach homosexuality"? It just is. And anybody can marry someone who has a disease so they can get on government assistance.
You can go on and on, but I'm looking for a special right gay people are asking for.

North Hollywood, CA

#162458 Oct 8, 2012
Tata wrote:
Lets just face the facts, the reason for all of this attention is because the gays feel segragated from the rest of society, so they have to stomp their feet and yell. The fact is that we don't care and you will have to settle for second class people, just like the Feds refer to you as, deal lwith it and m ove on with you odd lifestyle, start a commune some where in t he vast desert
Why did you search the internet for a place to talk about gay people if you don't care?

North Hollywood, CA

#162459 Oct 8, 2012
GODS WORD wrote:
Why do fundies think using the caps lock key makes up for their inability to reason?
Don't vote.
But the Constitution promises all people equal protection, even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.

Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man.
Looks like god made Adam and Steve after all.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#162460 Oct 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do fundies think using the caps lock key makes up for their inability to reason?
Don't vote.
But the Constitution promises all people equal protection, even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.
Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve would have had the same DNA Adam did. Eve would have been a man.
Looks like god made Adam and Steve after all.
Rose_NoHo.

See how you are? I have explained those things to you many times. It's as though you wake up everyday with a totally blank mind.

Ronald

North Hollywood, CA

#162464 Oct 8, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
See how you are? I have explained those things to you many times. It's as though you wake up everyday with a totally blank mind.
Ronald
You are a dumb a$$. Your explanations mean nothing to me. Now, go fk yourself, you moronic fundie racist. Wait, that's redundant. Go fk yourself fundie.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#162465 Oct 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dumb a$$. Your explanations mean nothing to me. Now, go fk yourself, you moronic fundie racist. Wait, that's redundant. Go fk yourself fundie.
Rose_NoHo.

Just what do you mean by those remarks?

Ronald

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#162466 Oct 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But if his explanations mean nothing, why do you keep asking for them toots?

North Hollywood, CA

#162467 Oct 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
But if his explanations mean nothing, why do you keep asking for them toots?
I just ask him why fundies are such racists. AFAIK, he hasn't answered that.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#162468 Oct 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I just ask him why fundies are such racists. AFAIK, he hasn't answered that.
The oldest most lamest argument in the book from ones own party that has stereotyped more people than provided abortions for without one ounce of shame.
Unf'nbelievably.
HEATHER

Barstow, CA

#162469 Oct 8, 2012
When is the Heather is driving to Phelan, California?
HEATHER

Barstow, CA

#162470 Oct 8, 2012
Coming to Phelan, California

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr theos 2,276
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Frijoles 69,414
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sat surfs up 7,955
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sat bubba 69 2
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey