Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201844 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#143425 May 28, 2012
Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you speak for God and in order to do that, you call God and Jesus liars.
So, you think that God mades paedophiles, transsexuals, zoophiliacs, and necrophiliacs.
Also, forget about drugs, alcohol and birth defects, God makes people that way so it must be natural and remain unaltered. It oculd not possible be that fetal alcohol syndroime came from an alcoholic mom, cancer from a smoking mom or second hand from dad, and oof course aspergers must be God forcing man to violate his laws with profanity.
If God causes so much evil, pray tell, what does the devil do in his spare time?
Being the sexual orientation you are is not a choice, and there is no sin IN being the sexual orientation you are.

Jesus never said anything about homosexuality; neither did God.

The word does not appear in the Bible, not from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts because there was no word in those languages that would translate to the word homosexual, not as homosexuality is understood today.

The authors of the Bible did not understand sexual orientation.

The term homosexual was only developed in the late 19th century, and the word homosexual first appeared in a Bible in 1973, the NIV.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#143426 May 28, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes NO sense at all.
Are you trying to say that because something is true for YOU, that it logically follows that it has to be true for every other human?
Really?
Did it ever occur to you that if you didn't decide because you are "naturally straight", that gay people likewise did not decide because the are "naturally gay"?
Often, the most sensible and logical answer is the correct one.
The rest of the crap about criminals is irrelevant, since being gay isn't a crime, and doesn't harm others.
It harms others only when a gay man marries a straight woman and does not tell her that he is gay.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#143427 May 28, 2012
Straights should marry straights and gays should be able to marry gays. Gays should have the right to all of the previlages of marrage.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#143429 May 28, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you and Bruno share the same brain cell? Because it is obvious that you two are nothing more than a dog and pony show.....neither of you are smart enough to work alone!!!
Why would Dan be any lawyer to me? Especially a divorce one? I'm happily married and have no desire to get divorced!!!
Sheesh! No sense of humor? I still think it's funny that when 2 women get divorced there will be no man to pay all the bills. Two poor suffering dears and no man to blame! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Happy Memorial Day, Squid. Freedom's not free. Bless your marriage. I think it's great if you really love your wife the way you say you do.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#143430 May 28, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh! No sense of humor? I still think it's funny that when 2 women get divorced there will be no man to pay all the bills. Two poor suffering dears and no man to blame! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Happy Memorial Day, Squid. Freedom's not free. Bless your marriage. I think it's great if you really love your wife the way you say you do.
I do and I agree with you.....Freedom isn't Free, and We should remember the Fallen, for they have paid for our freedoms with their very lives!!!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#143431 May 28, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do and I agree with you.....Freedom isn't Free, and We should remember the Fallen, for they have paid for our freedoms with their very lives!!!
All gave some some gave all. And the loss is tremendous, they were our very best.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#143432 May 28, 2012
Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a photo of a six legged child in India.
In actuality studies show that homosexuality is caused by the bilateral destruction of the amygdala, which causes gays to be stumped in social and sexual ordered development.
Interesting. Any links to the studies? From what I have read, there have been no physical influences which have been found to cause homosexuality, and it has more to do with "imprinting" at the time in one's life when they can sexually reproduce (adolescence). There is evidence that this imprinting can happen before puberty.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/art...

For those who claim that nature somehow planned homosexuality, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Looking at the basic tenets of biology, at the very basis of all life is reproduction as well as death. Genetic traits evolve to extend survival by developing immunities to disease, adapting to a given environment or to enhance reproduction. Homosexuality provides absolutely no biological function, and thus cannot be nature's plan. The fact that 100% of all gay people came from the union of a heterozygous pair of cells, one from a human male and one from a human female.

Despite all the arguments they try to make and all the nuts and X and dim lightbulb symbols they judge with, the truth is the truth.

“Pay the toll”

Since: Jan 10

or meet the troll

#143433 May 28, 2012
Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you speak for God and in order to do that, you call God and Jesus liars.
So, you think that God mades paedophiles, transsexuals, zoophiliacs, and necrophiliacs.
Also, forget about drugs, alcohol and birth defects, God makes people that way so it must be natural and remain unaltered. It oculd not possible be that fetal alcohol syndroime came from an alcoholic mom, cancer from a smoking mom or second hand from dad, and oof course aspergers must be God forcing man to violate his laws with profanity.
If God causes so much evil, pray tell, what does the devil do in his spare time?
I do not believe in fairy tales like the devil, socdoc. God's are much to big for you to assign propaganda to.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#143434 May 28, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, these losers, including Obama, will support beastialiy next. Obama bin laden would support anything to keep his useless, unqualified azz in the White House.
Implying that SSM is an issue that will win over voters?
Implying that the majority of people now support SSM?

Isn't your crowd the one that keeps telling us how the majority of America is against SSM?

Then why is SSM something that a politician would advocate just to "keep his useless a** in the White House"?

Which one is it? Is it something everyone will support a politician for, or something everyone "knows" is wrong? Can't be both.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#143436 May 28, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are the ones with no senses of humor...

Go back a couple dozen pages and read SocioLib's response to my sarcasm. He didn't seem to get that joke very well.

Republican Congressmen are the ones who fall for parody articles.

Republican commentators are the ones who go after comedians for their political humor.

THERE ARE NO REPUBLICAN COMEDIANS.

Which side has no sense of humor?
Edgar

Spring, TX

#143437 May 28, 2012
Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>I am just betting, wild guess, he knows how to spell "ignorance", which makes you the ignorant one.
Newsflash, you gays prefer ignorance, since you are clueless about homosexuality. You are bothered by our vast amount of scientific knowledge and informed research regarding the origins of homosexuality with pedophilia.
On behalf of my gay/lesbian friends and family,

LEAVE

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#143438 May 28, 2012
DorN wrote:
.The Great Sly--Clyde
Look up on the Internet about a homosexual reproduction. There is a factor on the X chromosome which is inherited by the female children of gay fathers to straight mothers. A gay man will not produce a gay son, because the son gets a Y male chromome but the daughter gets the gay X chromosome. The daughter can produce a gay son with a straight man.
So people are born gay and its NOT a choice? OMG . You are correct except that just because one parent is gay does not mean a child will be gay. Look dumbass two heterosexual parents can have a gay child. How in the fluck do ya think they got here?
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#143440 May 28, 2012
The Hidden Knowledge of Heterosexuality - "A man will not care about something that doesn't belong to him. He should find a woman who is prepared to surrender power in exchange for love. A creature with two heads is a monster."

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#143441 May 28, 2012
Silent Assassinat wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a photo of a six legged child in India.
In actuality studies show that homosexuality is caused by the bilateral destruction of the amygdala, which causes gays to be stumped in social and sexual ordered development.
Rigghhht. Post the source on that one numb nuts.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#143442 May 28, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are the ones with no senses of humor...
Go back a couple dozen pages and read SocioLib's response to my sarcasm. He didn't seem to get that joke very well.
Republican Congressmen are the ones who fall for parody articles.
Republican commentators are the ones who go after comedians for their political humor.
THERE ARE NO REPUBLICAN COMEDIANS.
Which side has no sense of humor?
"You guys"? There's no one here but me. Forget it sparky, I'm not going back a couple dozen pages. I doubt your joke was funny.

Which side has no sense of humor? That's pretty obvious, it's your side, whatever side that is. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Not a homophobe

Rancho Cordova, CA

#143443 May 28, 2012
There's a guy who calls himself Here Is One who pasts anti gay crap all the time. Pathetic thing is he's a self proclaimed pedophile with a lust for little pre-teen boys. Such a hypocrite.
Here Is Onem

Mexico

#143444 May 28, 2012
Sorry but I don't drink at all.....LOL
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Too much tequilla, dude. Deny reality all you want.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#143445 May 28, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Thanks for the evidence that you are emotionally over-invested in this topic. You have issues, sugar.
still posting

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#143446 May 28, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
I laugh at you... ONEM? ONEM? LMAO
I see you can't even make friends in a gay thread.......LOL
curious kitty

Clovis, CA

#143447 May 28, 2012
Gay is the way :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 22 dGo mneDad lyHo i... 71,943
News Del Rey Oaks Garden Center grand opening schedu... Jul 21 Kathi Buckley Smith 1
drugs Jul 16 JayJay 2
News Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to ... (Mar '09) Jul 15 martin5 360
City of seaside needs to replace more than PD T... Jul 10 fed up 1
Monterey Seafood Restaurant Celebrates its 26 Y... Jul 6 cafefina58 1
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Jun '15 ChaCha 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages