Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

sassoon

La Puente, CA

#232652 Sep 13, 2014
I'm sure there will be an intermission break soon?
Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232653 Sep 13, 2014
The mexicans are destroying themeselves. Keep up the poverty, worthless indians.
langles

La Puente, CA

#232655 Sep 14, 2014
Now we are down to one loco poster from los angeles.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232656 Sep 15, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Liar, a poor person would not be able to afford a moving van, that would mean you have a home. Since you are whining here, I offered to send you money, simply send me a personal message with your address and I will be glad to help. In the Bible, giving away large parts of one’s income is quite realistic. The passage under consideration here is a part of a more extended passage, and in connection with the other part of the passage comes out with clear and balanced meaning. This passage begins with verse 27 and ends with verse 36, and the part involved in this question is sandwiched between the first and the last. Jesus in these verses is teaching indiscriminate giving or indiscriminate lending or just general, promiscuous, wholesale charities and benevolence on any line to just anybody and everybody that asks of us. Read the whole passage not just that one verse, God Bless you Rev. for bringing it up, thank you.
Your apologetic was boring. Get back to me when you sell all your possessions and after you give the money to poor and start following Jesus.

I do not need you to tell me what the Bible means, I can read the god-damned book for myself.
GOP bull

La Puente, CA

#232657 Sep 15, 2014
Just some more GOP bull they splat across the communication air waves.
Nastyboy

Aurora, CO

#232660 Sep 15, 2014
Live in a community were its accepted and we take over eventually .

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232661 Sep 15, 2014
Any adults in the room?

"One of NASA's guiding policies in the search for alien life is to "follow the water." Water is fairly common in the universe, found everywhere from vast interstellar dust clouds to the orange-red fields of Mars, but most of this water is in the form of ice. Solid water can't act as a lubricant for the molecular processes of life, so the search is on for liquid water -- a commodity that is far more rare in the universe.

Philip Ball, author of the book, "Life's Matrix: A Biography of Water," says that liquid water is essential for the kind of delicate chemistry that makes life possible. Liquid water is a universal solvent, a mediator of life's chemical reactions, and it has a structure unlike that of any other liquid."

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsyst ...

Genesis 1:2 (NASB)
...and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

Genesis 1:6-8 (NASB)
6 Then God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."
7 God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.
8 God called the expanse heaven.

How in the world did the Bible know there was water in space???

Genesis 1:9-10 (NASB)
9 Then God said, "Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear"; and it was so.
10 God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas; and God saw that it was good.

"Earth's Early Ocean
Once the Earth began to cool, water vapor, one of the volatiles, began to condense and form an ocean. According to the Goldilocks theory, Earth is at just the right distance from the sun for the temperature of the surface to be appropriate for the formation of liquid water. The presence of running water influenced the rest of the gases in the atmosphere, which began to dissolve into the forming ocean. By this time Earth was busy generating its secondary atmosphere. These atmospheric gases came out of a volcano. All volcanoes are different but in general those gases would include H2O, CO2, SO2, H2S, HCl, N2, NO2.
Gases such as CO2, SO2, and HCl form acids when dissolved in water. Such acids would immediately be neutralized via reaction with the surface minerals of the Earth, but the addition of so much acid to both the land and sea changed the pH of the ocean and surface from a reducing environment (hydrogen-based) to an oxidizing environment (oxygen-based).

Scientists think that the Earth's secondary atmosphere may have come to be dominated by N2 because it alone does not readily dissolve in water."

http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/past/ea ...

Genesis 1:9-10 (NASB)
9 Then God said, "Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear"; and it was so.
10 God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas; and God saw that it was good.

How did the Bible know that oceans did not originally exist on the earth?

Smile.
snod grass

La Puente, CA

#232662 Sep 15, 2014
Woo-Hoo gop pin heads on the lose at happy hour.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232664 Sep 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your apologetic was boring. Get back to me when you sell all your possessions and after you give the money to poor and start following Jesus.
I do not need you to tell me what the Bible means, I can read the god-damned book for myself.
It seems you do. Have you ever read a novel and came to conclusions after reading one sentence? I'm praying for you, hope God will open your eyes and take away the hate. God Bless you Rev.
snootgrass

La Puente, CA

#232665 Sep 15, 2014
Woo-Hoo GOP are pin heads on the lose at happy hour.
ploppers

La Puente, CA

#232669 Sep 16, 2014
GOP dumping ground
dumper

Aurora, CO

#232671 Sep 16, 2014
Pooping ground you mean !
Adds up

La Puente, CA

#232672 Sep 16, 2014
Woo-Hoo GOP are pin heads on the lose at happy hour.

GOP dumping ground

Location hidden

#232673 Sep 17, 2014
Marriage has existed in every single culture in human history.

Variations of polygamy have also been very common though rare.

Ss couples being called married?

Incredibly rare and extremely brief appearances.

Apart from cultures and religions, people just had common sense to know what was best and what was just plain wrong.

Smile.
sloop

La Puente, CA

#232674 Sep 17, 2014
More GOP bone head talk.
Pastor Pete

Paradise, CA

#232675 Sep 17, 2014
The authors believed the water rain held above their heads in "space" under the control of angels, demons and gods while believing the world was flat and stationary.

Location hidden

#232676 Sep 17, 2014
Pastor Pete wrote:
The authors believed the water rain held above their heads in "space" under the control of angels, demons and gods while believing the world was flat and stationary.
Um, no they didn't.

How did they get Creation right 3,500 years before science?

Smile.
Kurel

La Puente, CA

#232677 Sep 17, 2014
Just more GOP pig sucking postings, before this one.
Pastor Pete

Paradise, CA

#232678 Sep 17, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no they didn't.
How did they get Creation right 3,500 years before science?
Smile.
Before science ? Get it right ? Who says anybody got it right ?

Location hidden

#232679 Sep 17, 2014
Pastor Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Before science ? Get it right ? Who says anybody got it right ?
So you concede the Bible doesn't say what you claimed.

See my previous posts.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Apr 22 Zappacrappa42 101
News Seaside closes access to makeshift toy car trac... Apr 22 Jsherratt831 1
News Brown names Laird as Resource Agency chief (Jan '11) Apr 18 wmcnatt 8
the music thread (Apr '12) Apr 10 Musikologist 22
News Pentagon memo: Syria has a ridiculously hugea s... Apr 7 Bless our prez 1
News Police briefs: Beaten body found on Old Stage Road (Dec '09) Apr 3 replying to idiots 15
News Seaside becomes the Monterey Peninsula's first ... Apr 2 prophet 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages