Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,742

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231669 Jul 9, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Sure fella. We also play find the hidden soap bar on Fridays on the Westside of town if you are interested ;)
Ohhhhh Goooooo Bruins!
just don't play that game around USC wearing your powder blue.

Sacramento, CA

#231670 Jul 9, 2014
Punt wrote:
Time to Punt this dead topic down the sewer pipe.
we try but every time you keep getting stuck.
Topic Change

Monrovia, CA

#231671 Jul 9, 2014
Shocking moment ISIS militants take sledgehammers to Mosul tomb of Prophet Jonah as more than 50 blindfolded bodies are found massacred south of Baghdad.

And this religion proclaims to be peaceful etc?

I feel the sooner the better will be a good time to get started on disarming them all, either way- so be it if force is needed and a few are sent on their way to sooner than expected.

What bases of a religion is this all coming from?
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#231674 Jul 9, 2014
How about we ship the Covina Corksoaker to Iraq. If anything could drive them to drop their arms and hide in caves it would be listening to the Soaker.

Sacramento, CA

#231675 Jul 9, 2014
Topic Change wrote:
Shocking moment ISIS militants take sledgehammers to Mosul tomb of Prophet Jonah as more than 50 blindfolded bodies are found massacred south of Baghdad.
And this religion proclaims to be peaceful etc?
I feel the sooner the better will be a good time to get started on disarming them all, either way- so be it if force is needed and a few are sent on their way to sooner than expected.
What bases of a religion is this all coming from?
Did you just discover that Islam is not so peaceful? Now tell Obama. If you want to disarm them all, I suggest booking a flight to Bagdad now, maybe you can start.
Michelle Mikal Mudds

Sonoma, CA

#231676 Jul 9, 2014
Hoodah, wahdoo!
The way to get things back to where they oughts to be is for our leader Bundy to take a troop down there below the border to whatever land and then set up camp and demand all kinds of free stuff and when the govt down there don't deliver, why then you just stay and cry and hioller and stomp your foot about it and show 'em who is boss and all that. This will show something to somebody and then congress can hold hearings to show they dont get it yet again, but can use the opportunity to spout some TeeVee rhetoric on a pet subject that they also dont get right. Deport everybody. Then confiscate everything they lefy behind, then fine them, then charge them to reconsider their case and then charge them to come back if they have seen the way and join our church and then follow them around and annoy them with go-pro. Stop all Taxes on the Upper Classes as it is pizzing them off and that is why we dont see them as they is hiding in gated communititess. Oh, boy. Feudalism is the way! WE NEED BOSSES..yOU SURE DO!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#231677 Jul 9, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>just don't play that game around USC wearing your powder blue.
Great point! I'm not sure I would want the Trojan-owned Victory Bell Trophy shoved where the sun don't shine ;)

West Hollywood, CA

#231678 Jul 9, 2014
Spanish pork wrote:
Time to Punt this dead topic down the sewer pipe, again.
Speaking of Spanish pork, there's this fella named Ramon down on Santa Monica Blvd and he....oops, well you were saying this topic was dead ;)

Ohhhhhhhhh Gooooooooo UCLA/LGBT Bruins!
Oer turn C United

Monrovia, CA

#231679 Jul 9, 2014
Just recently:
•We crossed a major hurdle when our allies on Capitol Hill coalesced around an amendment proposal Senate Joint Resolution 19 introduced by Sen. Tom Udall. With the national groundswell of the movement to get big money out of politics, we were able to grow the number of cosponsors rapidly and SJR 19 received a high profile hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee (where it will receive a full committee vote tomorrow).
•PFAW joined allies to deliver more than 2 million petition signatures calling for a constitutional amendment at the hearing. Sen. Leahy, the committee chair, pointed out the boxes of petitions in his remarks, noting that they gave a visual example of how badly Americans want to see action on this issue.
•We continued outreach efforts on Capitol Hill, meeting with senators’ offices and hand-delivering their constituents’ petition signatures to them in our meetings, to keep passionate public support for the amendment in the spotlight.
•Then, over the July 4 congressional recess, hundreds of activists took part in more than 50 grassroots events and constituent meetings at senators’ state offices.
•And just this week, we got another two absolutely key senators on board as cosponsors. TWO MORE U.S. senators -- Sens. Claire McCaskill and Maria Cantwell -- signed on as cosponsors to the constitutional amendment to overturn decisions like Citizens United and get big money out of elections
repent california repent

Heath, OH

#231680 Jul 9, 2014
gays will never ever be accepted by God = you need to repent and obey God = many that are first shall be last and many that are last shall be first - GOD IS HOLY AND GOD HATES SIN - SATAN HAS FILLED YOU WITH LIES - REPENT AND GET YOUR HEART RIGHT BECAUSE YOU WILL GIVE ACCOUNT FOR YOUR LIFE TO GOD - REPENT AND OBEY THE GOSPEL ACTS 2 38
Obers gone

Monrovia, CA

#231682 Jul 9, 2014
old Topic is dead.

Here is a new one.

If you thought House Republicans couldn't get worse, I've got bad news. Speaker John Boehner is now threatening to sue President Obama because House Republicans are mad that President Obama is using his executive authority to get things done where Congress won't act.

Such a ridiculous lawsuit would be a wasteful and inappropriate use of taxpayer dollars for political purposes, and we've hatched a plan to fight back.
repent california repent

Heath, OH

#231683 Jul 9, 2014
you are buying the lie and its no joke your soul is going to be cast into the lake of fire and you wont be laughing about it then = those who spurn God and Mock God are worthy of the lake of fire and those who reject Jesus Christ and refuse to repent
Transfatter Ohio

Monrovia, CA

#231685 Jul 9, 2014
Ohio go straight to that frigging Orange man Republican and throw up on him as he is a completer tramp sinner.
sexy sadie

Gloversville, NY

#231686 Jul 9, 2014
and in other news, ebay corporation is stealing millions from the public and getting away with it. let you or i try that, eh?
Deer me

Monrovia, CA

#231688 Jul 10, 2014
Utah to appeal gay marriage ruling to high court, this is the same state that had a guy wondering around in the wilderness to become a messiah to a religious faction.

Sacramento, CA

#231689 Jul 10, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of Spanish pork, there's this fella named Ramon down on Santa Monica Blvd and he....oops, well you were saying this topic was dead ;)
Ohhhhhhhhh Gooooooooo UCLA/LGBT Bruins!
ouch PPPete, i prefer pie.
Unberboats

Monrovia, CA

#231690 Jul 10, 2014
Game over "retardo the retarder", this is not and will not be a topic spoken about anymore, the American public have embraced it.

West Hollywood, CA

#231691 Jul 10, 2014
Unberboats wrote:
Game over "retardo the retarder", this is not and will not be a topic spoken about anymore, the American public have embraced it.
Gee sir, I didn't know that Covina housed so many unregistered Topix posters with different names :/

And to think at one time my partner Jonathan received susccessful rehabiliation in that city. Oh my, what has become of the schizophrenic place :(

Go LGBT Bruins! The Westside is where it's at, Front side and BACK side!
Jehosepath

Sonoma, CA

#231692 Jul 10, 2014
repent california repent wrote:
you are buying the lie and its no joke your soul is going to be cast into the lake of fire and you wont be laughing about it then = those who spurn God and Mock God are worthy of the lake of fire and those who reject Jesus Christ and refuse to repent
You are right to join us! GOD wants workers like us to stop the govment from stopping the amenmints and from taxing the upper classes. GOD has placed society in rungs like al ladder. There is the bottom, and there is the top. You cant stand on a ladder what aint got a bottom, but the ladder will fall to ruin if it aint got a top. That means that we must stop annoying the Matsr Class as they is chosen by GOD to be ABOVE all of us. Now they are getting mad, hiding out in gated communities, afeared of us and never seeing us because we are CAST OUT! WE must stop taxing them, we must stop regulating them, questioning them, annoying them, following them around and stop QUESTIONING THEIR COMMANDS. Know ye, God commands you. They have all the gold, jewels, hot thin womens, cars, houses, furs, pictures, educatshuns, money, boats, hotels, money, jewels and bands because GOD loves them. That means he does not love us. That means when we pizz them off, why then they tell HIM, as they have his ear...and then it is typhoons, earthquakes, imgrants, gun laws,$5 gas and no beans. Listen to GOD and do what his chosen say...pronto.
Uppercut

Fairfield, CA

#231693 Jul 10, 2014
Wow you gays really are attention starved. I guess that's the only way people will even acknowledge you is when you are screaming about something.

This is a Fairfield forum by the way, we don't care about you guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Almost amish 71,696
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar 10 fed up 3
News Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Mar 5 Carlos Slim 14
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
News Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Mar 3 fed up 30
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]