Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not ...

Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to rape

There are 360 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to rape. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Thomas Pollacci, 49, of Pebble Beach, appears in court Tuesday. He is charged with three felony counts of alleged rape of a woman he brought beaten and unconscious to the emergency room at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#43 Aug 11, 2009
Tell that to the 200 + women he has raped. Get a clue "friend" wake up and smell the coffee! What about his prior conviction and jail time, I suppose you will try and tell us that was a mistake too! Ha Ha! Go take a walk on the beach and bury your head in the sand, maybe you will think more clearly after that!
McAlister

Salinas, CA

#44 Aug 11, 2009
Dear Friend,
You really must have fallen for Tommy's act or you would be aware of how many women he has hurt. He not only raped me, but broke into my house and stole certain things-like my HOT TUB. It wasn't until he was warned by my lawyer of the case I could make against him, was he then more than happy to return the things that he had stolen from me.
Yes, you may ask, why didn't I go the police, well let me tell you something- rape is a horrific violation of one's body, but with that violation comes an overwhelming feeling of shame, for me, at least. I felt that I would get judged for allowing myself to be put into that position. I did the only thing I could do after that and that was to survive. I have called the DA's office and have told them of all things he had done to me. It's up to them to decide what to do with that information. It's never too late to stand up for your rights! I am just sorry it took this long for me to be brave enough to share it with anyone.
Friend

Albuquerque, NM

#45 Aug 11, 2009
Oh, come off it wit the "shame, guilt, getting judged" boo hoo, what are you 12 or something? You say you have "told" the DA's office. Will we see you testifying or are you still feeling the shame. Grow up! You are an adult. I would have no problem bringing charges of rape or testifying if I were raped. Maybe you were jilted??
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#46 Aug 12, 2009
Go get raped then and come back and write about it, I would love to hear your thoughts.
new girl in-town

Monterey, CA

#47 Aug 12, 2009
Good for you "Speaking out"! Sounds like "Friend" is getting a little carried away with his/HER barrage of ignorant "pokes". Definitely a sign of immaturity! WHATEVER!!
Friend

Albuquerque, NM

#48 Aug 12, 2009
"ignorant pokes"? and signing off with, "WHATEVER!!" That does not sound very MATURE to me and others. I have lived in this area for 40+ years and know the Pollacci family very well. You sound like an "ignorant" young woman. I am only interested in factual information. This is obviously not something you are educated in. Maybe you should refrain from your "barrage of ignorant pokes" and just wait till the court date comes...and ends.
Still have nightmares

United States

#49 Aug 12, 2009
Speaking out wrote:
Tell that to the 200 + women he has raped. Get a clue "friend" wake up and smell the coffee! What about his prior conviction and jail time, I suppose you will try and tell us that was a mistake too! Ha Ha! Go take a walk on the beach and bury your head in the sand, maybe you will think more clearly after that!
I hate to say it but you are really sad! You have no idea what Thomas is all about! He has a serious problem! He has told me many times how much better in bed he is than his father! He also said that he and his father have slept with many of the same women and that they always tell him how much better he is than his father. That is really sick and I really believe that his father is probably the root of all of his problems! It's really sad but he needs to be accountable for his actions, no matter how good looking and how wealthy he might be! No one has the right to treat women the way that he does! Maybe the experience you had with him was a good one because he was not attracted to you but honestly he was not the sweet guy that you seem to know when I was involved with him! Sometimes a person may seem to be the nicest person in the world. Everytime a serial killer gets caught everyone who knew him says " I would never have believed it, he was always such a nice guy." Wake up lady and listen to just how many women this man has hurt! This is not something that women are proud of and to speak openly is not easy! If you had gone through it maybe you would feel differently or better yet maybe if someone you loved like a mother, daughter, or sister!
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#50 Aug 12, 2009
Beware, I think our "friend" may be Tommy.........
new girl in-town

Monterey, CA

#51 Aug 13, 2009
Good point! He has nothing else better to do now with his time?
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#52 Aug 13, 2009
I believe the Dad is a bigger perv, where would Tommy have learned it? Also, what kind of a business man would let a sex offender work at a counter where he could see ID's? There should be a law against sex offenders doing that type of work. The community doesen't know it however there is a very sick family living among them!
McAlister

Salinas, CA

#53 Aug 13, 2009
Friend,
I honestly question what kind of friendship you have with Tommy. As far as I am concerned you must be his number one cheerleader and you must be proud of that. All have to say is I wonder how many times you will write and visit him when he goes to jail. He seems to have found someone who he has brain washed into believing he is good person. When he goes to trail, make sure you are there to you comfort him, you deserve each other.
Friend

Rio Rancho, NM

#54 Aug 13, 2009
First of all, I really don't have to explain myself to others, but since you have this need to get personal with me, I will write a bit. Although, I don't think anyone can give you anything to stop the hating. First of all, "Tom" is his name, I have known him all my life. I he does end up in jail, yes, I will write him. I am not brain washed, I am a very nice person, well educated and obviously have nothing in common with people like you who have such a hatred inside. It's almost like you are not human. You act like wild animals waiting to feed on the dead. I feel sorry for you. The trial will determine innocent or guilty. I will always remain a personal friend of the Pollacci family no matter what and wish them all the best and that includes their son, Tom. Not everyone feels like you do, so have some respect for other people.
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#55 Aug 13, 2009
Friend, you never acknowledged his prior jail term. The docs are public, go read them yourself, it's free. You are missing the fact that drugging and raping is an offense, it is abuse, it is rape. It is violent, it demeans and it is a tragity no one has to go thru. What part are you missing about this. He is a convicted criminal who didn't learn the first time, so here we are again. What about all of the women who have come forward?
McAlister

Salinas, CA

#56 Aug 13, 2009
Friend,
I have respect for people who don't hurt other people. I am not a hateful person, but if you feel that is how I am across that's your opinion.
Like I said you must be his number one fan. Good luck with your mission to change how people(yes, there are many of us)feel about Tommy Pollaci.By the way, when he first introduced himself to me, he used another name.
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#57 Aug 14, 2009
Friend, the anger you read and feel from all of us stems from the time and time again rapes and sexual abuse Tommy has tricked people into. Not just once or three times, but many times. And never receiving treatment for his sickness. He is a very sick individual. His parents and family not insisting he receive treatment and allowing this to go on for years. To Tommy he can only get turned on if someone is drugged in his presence and having intimate relations. This is sick.
Former PG Resident

Henderson, NV

#59 Aug 24, 2009
Tommy raped me one night when I was walking around the corner from my house....he was in the parking lot by the liquor store. I didn't know him, other than having gone in his store a few times to buy something; we didn't even know each other's names. I couldn't report this, as I had a high-profile job in the area(don't judge unless you've been there).
Good thing he is off the streets....I hope that he is put away for a very long time!
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#60 Aug 24, 2009
If you can find any comfort in knowing you are not alone, then do so. This dosen't take away the horrid past situation however know we are fighting the fight you could not. This animal needs to be locked up forever and know we all, all of his victims, all of the police force and DA's will work very hard to make sure he is. You are not alone.
victim

Salinas, CA

#61 Aug 26, 2009
He is a predator who consciously seeks out women who have been emotionally or phyically damged. He particularly goes for women who are new in town. He fires a litany of personal questions regarding your past. He does not give you his real name or any real information about himself. He manipulates into you feeling safe and then he rapes you. He is a very dangerous man. I believe there are hundreds of us who have been raped by him.
Still have nightmares

United States

#62 Aug 27, 2009
Friend wrote:
First of all, I really don't have to explain myself to others, but since you have this need to get personal with me, I will write a bit. Although, I don't think anyone can give you anything to stop the hating. First of all, "Tom" is his name, I have known him all my life. I he does end up in jail, yes, I will write him. I am not brain washed, I am a very nice person, well educated and obviously have nothing in common with people like you who have such a hatred inside. It's almost like you are not human. You act like wild animals waiting to feed on the dead. I feel sorry for you. The trial will determine innocent or guilty. I will always remain a personal friend of the Pollacci family no matter what and wish them all the best and that includes their son, Tom. Not everyone feels like you do, so have some respect for other people.
Respect for other people is the problem here. Thomas doesn't respect women and unfortunately that is the problem. I really don't know why you think that being raped is no big deal and that women should just go on with life as if nothing has changed. Everything changes when you are raped. The way you feel about yourself and others will never be the same and that is not something that any woman, man, or child deserves. It takes away who you are. You no longer trust anyone and that is the worst feeling in the world. You may think that Thomas is the greatest guy in the world but he has hurt so many and it is time to pay the price. I don't judge you for your opinion of Thomas but please at least try to put yourself in the place of those he has hurt and understand that this is just a place to get out some of the pain that has been felt by many for years. I for one can't wait for the trial. If Thomas is convicted then just remember that 12 people who don't know this man have made a decision based strictly on the evidence and not on their emotions so maybe then you will open your eyes and see what so many others have seen, experienced and known through personal experience. People that can be easily manipulated like you have been Thomas's victims for years and maybe someday you will experience first hand what women from all walks of life have already experienced at the hands of Mr. Thomas Pollacci.
a mother now

Fremont, CA

#64 Aug 29, 2009
If you grew up on the Monterey Peninsula and where out and about in the 80's and 90's believe me you knew of Tommy Pollacci. He and some of his friends where almost proud of their 'quests'. If you really knew what they where up to you tried to stay out of their way. But they could be relentless. They tried charming and when that didn't work, well you can hear what they did. I have actually educated my daughter to walk around the liquor store and not to engage in conversation with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hartnell Janitors Must Clean Up Behavior by Rev... Jun 23 Reverend Patryse ... 1
(WORKING LINK HERE) BITCH DONALD: Go, Bitch, Go... Jun 23 Reverend Patryse ... 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jun 21 dig 55
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
Where are the communal showers in Monterey? May 28 Jeremy 2
News Monterey working to prohibit alcohol, without a... May '16 DNTs 1
Review: Asian Filipino Market (Oct '12) May '16 amadeo urgonamiko 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages