Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to rape

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Thomas Pollacci, 49, of Pebble Beach, appears in court Tuesday. He is charged with three felony counts of alleged rape of a woman he brought beaten and unconscious to the emergency room at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
Comments
21 - 40 of 359 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2014

Since: Jan 09

Pacific Grove, CA

#23 Apr 26, 2009
If what you're saying is true, it's horrifying. I'm so sorry. Do you feel like you can tell the authorities now that some time has passed, and knowing that this man appears to have a pattern of sexual predation?
concerned for all

AOL

#24 Apr 26, 2009
Please all women who have gone through anything horrifying with this individual we should all band together. I too was raped although i realized that he has two personas does anyone else see this in him. please somehow us women all have to come together. If this person gets off the violence will continue to happen. some how we have to net work and get connected within this forum. We can not be scared.

Since: Jan 09

Pacific Grove, CA

#25 Apr 26, 2009
concerned for all wrote:
Please all women who have gone through anything horrifying with this individual we should all band together. I too was raped although i realized that he has two personas does anyone else see this in him. please somehow us women all have to come together. If this person gets off the violence will continue to happen. some how we have to net work and get connected within this forum. We can not be scared.
Dear Concerned,

I'm so sorry to hear your story as well. Hopefully you can obtain strength and comfort in the knowledge that you're not alone.

Have you been able to tell your story to the authorities? That may be one way for you to help yourself and others who have been victimized.

I wish the best for you and all who have been subject to this kind of atrocious experience.
tempgirl

United States

#26 May 14, 2009
How can they prove whether the sex happened before or after the fall? let the jury decide his fate. He could've very easily took her out to a cliff on lovers point and threw her over. and never spoke of it again. But he took her to the hospital. What guilty person would do that? Just let him have his day in court.
eleve wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't interpreted what I've read regarding the victim's head injury to mean that he beat her and caused it, although no doubt that is being investigated. The point is that even if she slipped on some ice and hit her head hard enough to cause such an injury, in addition to being intoxicated, she wasn't in a state to consent to sex, as the defense is suggesting she did.
Former victim

United States

#27 May 31, 2009
Thomas and I had a brief relationship in the early 90's. I learned very quickly that telling Thomas no did not stop him from forcibly taking what he wanted. The relationship quickly ended and he not only became obsessed but he also became very scarey! Knowing that Thomas's father covered up and took care of any of Thomas's problems made it even more teffifying. Thomas needs to be made to pay for his crimes and there are many I am sure of. He is not sick he is just above the law and that has been proven many times over the years.
lula

Berkeley, CA

#28 Jun 3, 2009
In 1986 My first night in Monterey, I was followed to my motel room by Tom Pollacci. He was scarey agressive, but I just ket ignoring him. In the middle of the night he came back and tried to push my window open and get in. He didn't succeed though because I had secured it with a long stick since he had frightened me so badly in the parking lot earlier. I never reported it because I was terrified that he would find me again and do something to me.
Still have nightmares

United States

#29 Jun 20, 2009
Dear Concerned,
I too had a brief relationship with Thomas in the mid 90's. He came from a good family, had a job and was very good looking. Thomas introduced himself to me in the beginning as someone else. It didn't take me long to realize that something was not quite right, and my instinct told me to run. Long story short, Thomas did not take no for an answer and took what he want. When rejected he climbed over my back fence one night and pounded on my bedroom window. He could not get in without breaking the window and I am sure that he left because of my neighbors. To this day I still have nightmares about him. I never reported him because I knew that his father would and could pay to keep Thomas out of jail and I was afraid of what it would do to my career.
lula

Pittsburg, CA

#30 Jun 23, 2009
I also still have nightmares and choose second story places to stay when I travel because of it. Still have to put sticks in windows. Years later it happened again with another man that followed me, but by then I had 8 years of Brazillian jujitzu and I scared the guy away. My friend Kim was not so lucky,she was followed by a guy,Cris Hughes,out on parole, and murdered there in Pacific Grove. It's not as safe in that area as it seems.
Still have nightmares wrote:
Dear Concerned,
I too had a brief relationship with Thomas in the mid 90's. He came from a good family, had a job and was very good looking. Thomas introduced himself to me in the beginning as someone else. It didn't take me long to realize that something was not quite right, and my instinct told me to run. Long story short, Thomas did not take no for an answer and took what he want. When rejected he climbed over my back fence one night and pounded on my bedroom window. He could not get in without breaking the window and I am sure that he left because of my neighbors. To this day I still have nightmares about him. I never reported him because I knew that his father would and could pay to keep Thomas out of jail and I was afraid of what it would do to my career.
Dr G

Seaside, CA

#31 Jun 25, 2009
let the jury decide-the victim will be put on trial by worthington just like he will the victim in the Bergstrom sodomy trial. Attys are paid to defend and proscecute-the system is corrupt and the attys are just dealing in it and with it-grow up you pathetic fools -especially the "Christer"
PG Native

Salinas, CA

#32 Jul 16, 2009
I'm amazed that all of you have known of his behavior and yet it seems as if NONE of you have gone to police to report it....
Friend

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Jul 16, 2009
Yes, I agree with PG Native. Don't you all have anything else to do?? Go chase some fire trucks.
wow

Berkeley, CA

#34 Jul 20, 2009
you have no idea the confusion that goes thru ones mind after rape. They dont want people to know. Its sort of like bystanders who watch a fight, then say later they dont want to get involved.
new girl in-town

Salinas, CA

#35 Jul 29, 2009
It just goes to show you that "ladies" with class and experience in this big, bad world, doesn't always mean that we cannot be fooled or tricked for a minute or two, RIGHT?
Well.. unfortunately, I was one of "them" 2 yrs ago.
(Oh BrOtHeR--talk about shame & being a gullible little barbie-doll.. what can i say?) I was raped twice, and soo fast, I didn't know what hit me! I was brave enough to go to the D.A. & ALL OF YOU "Jane Doe's" should do the same. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, BELIEVE ME!!!! This man is an animal & needs to be put away--understand??
JaNe DoE#--
speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#36 Jul 29, 2009
Good for you and all of you. Ladies be strong as we will all watch as the perp tommy monster goes down. He is going down and I mean down. Be strong, have patience, get healthy. We need to be an army to go up against the "good old boys network" and money that has kept the perp active. We HAVE gone to the police, we are doing the right thing, letting JUSTICE take it's course. Don't be fooled MANY MANY victims are speaking out and we will watch as this animal GOES DOWN AND GETS RAPED IN JAIL.
Friend

Albuquerque, NM

#37 Jul 29, 2009
Innocent till proven guilty...Remember folks??
temp girl to Eleve

United States

#38 Aug 10, 2009
Eleve,
If you know Tom like I do, then you would know that he would never hit a woman. This is something that he would never do. He never has and probably never will. If he said she fell, then that's exactly what happened. Why even bring her to the ER if he hit her? It doesn't make sense, you know this and I know this? When it doesn't make sense then it's probably not true. Tom wouldn't hit anyone. He doesn't like to fight either, and I've known him for years and he's never once hit me or anyone else for that matter. I've pissed him off, called him names, stolen from him and did all sorts of terrible things to him. He's not a woman beater. Never has been. So that is a lie! He can be intense and a little stalkerish, but he'd never hit a woman.
tempgirl wrote:
How can they prove whether the sex happened before or after the fall? let the jury decide his fate. He could've very easily took her out to a cliff on lovers point and threw her over. and never spoke of it again. But he took her to the hospital. What guilty person would do that? Just let him have his day in court.
<quoted text>
Sorry

United States

#39 Aug 10, 2009
But if I contact the DA it will be to support and old friend. I will support Tom. I don't believe that he raped and hit this girl on the head. He'd never hit anyone. That's insane.
new girl in-town wrote:
It just goes to show you that "ladies" with class and experience in this big, bad world, doesn't always mean that we cannot be fooled or tricked for a minute or two, RIGHT?
Well.. unfortunately, I was one of "them" 2 yrs ago.
(Oh BrOtHeR--talk about shame & being a gullible little barbie-doll.. what can i say?) I was raped twice, and soo fast, I didn't know what hit me! I was brave enough to go to the D.A. & ALL OF YOU "Jane Doe's" should do the same. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, BELIEVE ME!!!! This man is an animal & needs to be put away--understand??
JaNe DoE#--
Friend

Albuquerque, NM

#40 Aug 10, 2009
Sorry wrote:
But if I contact the DA it will be to support and old friend. I will support Tom. I don't believe that he raped and hit this girl on the head. He'd never hit anyone. That's insane.
<quoted text>
SO TRUE!
Speaking out

Lafayette, CA

#41 Aug 10, 2009
I believe this was the one rape that went wrong and Tommy panicked. He then decided to bash the poor woman's head in to save himself. He over dosed the woman and thought she was nothing (just like all of the 200 plus women he has raped) then his catholic upbringing got the best of him and he took her to the ER to save himself. Don't be fooled, this is all about Tommy. He wants to save himself. He panicked and was caught. I knew it would only be a matter of time.
Friend

Albuquerque, NM

#42 Aug 10, 2009
Tom would never have sex with anyone who did'nt want to be with him; and as for hurting/hitting, PLEASE, Tom would not hurt a fly. He NEVER hits or abuses anyone. He is kind hearted. He cares for his family, friends and God. All of you woman who had a sexual relationship with Tom, were interested and thought he was handsome and you consented. Maybe you were not "into" anything more than the missionary style, and found that Tom was a bit more. There is nothing wrong with that. THAT does not make him a rapist. Try not to get on the bandwagon against Tom...be your own self!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 68,936
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr landluber suck 200,576
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 10 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 11 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••