Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not ...

Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to rape

There are 360 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to rape. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Thomas Pollacci, 49, of Pebble Beach, appears in court Tuesday. He is charged with three felony counts of alleged rape of a woman he brought beaten and unconscious to the emergency room at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

sistas out there

AOL

#335 May 17, 2012
There is no specific topic to the person that judged with a lemon!!!! A person or people that were raped maybe many years ago by someone other than this person could be writing their feelings to express healing.RAPE is a serious occurence in one"s life! No one should take it lightly!! It happens too often to too many women and many men are getting away with the act!!! Very unfortunate that this happens!!!! Women are special wonderful people in this world and NO MAN should take this away!!
sistas out there

AOL

#336 May 18, 2012
NO MAN should EVER take away a women's self esteem and energy in a violant way!!! EVER
sistas out there

AOL

#337 May 23, 2012
I am assuming that posssibly many women think that they have depression or bi-polar but probably have been traumatized by men either by emotional or physical rape that can bring on Trauma or PTSD. Ten to one most of these women are perfectly fine, they were victimized. What kind of men out there want to do this to women! Again I am encouraging many women out there to beaware of these unsavory type of people. They will want to bring you down. Watch extremely for signs most of them come across charming, alluring ,pretend they are rich or have money. They will put you down slightly in the beginning and then it escalates. They want you to believe you are the crazy one . We are as a collective whole very intelligent women out in this world and as sisters we need to continue to support each other!!!What ever it takes we need to be there for ourselves first then our sister
Check it out

Clairton, PA

#338 May 23, 2012
sistas out there

AOL

#339 May 23, 2012
Thank you CHECK IT OUT from P. A., more people should read this! Maybe there would not be as much violence! Maybe less people would be victimized!Maybe by more people reading this and being aware how short life is they would not want to hurt other souls! Work on their own life!!! Pay attention how to get healthy in their mind before they want to bring the others down through violence physically or psychologically!!
tempgirl007

Hilliard, OH

#340 Jun 22, 2012
Forgiveness is the key, or at least it was the key for me. I had to forgive Tom in order to move on. It was difficult at first and it took a while, but I had to do it. When I'd see him around, I was still afraid to be alone with him, even in a public place because I knew first hand what he was capable of. Tom probably needed help a long time ago and his parents never did anything for him. His thought process with me was if he had you before he can take you any time he feels like it, no matter where you are, & who you're with. Something was wrong with him. I forgave him and we were able to speak in public and he apologized to me, but I still didn't trust him because I knew deep down inside what he could do to me. When you told him no, something would click and he took that as a challenge. He raped me 4 times, the first times it was a date rape situation in his store, I was shocked like, what is happening, he was out of control and couldn't hear me or see me, I'd never seen him like that before, then he saw me in the parking garage downtown Monterey and wouldn't let me leave and backed me between two cars, the second time was when he broke into my window in Marina, by the time I heard the noise it was already too late he was inside my bedroom, then in Carmel when I was staying at a friends, I tried to run outside when he came thru the window but he was fast, he got back out and caught me in front of the guest house. I had to forgive him in order to move on. I won't lie, if I ever saw him again, I would def not ever be alone with him. I was with my husband once, at Del Monte Center in the car, I spotted him going the opposite way, he made an illegal u turn right in the middle of the street, in front of tons of cars and stopped our car. He didn't even know my husband. He was on a motorcycle and introduced himself to my husband in the middle of traffic. My husband never knew about him and what he did to me. Tom gives me this look as if to say, he doesn't care who I'm with, he still owns me. It was crazy. Who does that? I said it's just some guy I used to know from Monterey. He tried to tell my husband he looked familiar and asked him where we lived? I was afraid. I know the signs, for him it would be a game to show up and come inside when my husband is at work. My husband told him, and I said honey we have to go, the baby is getting tired. My son was in the back seat. Tom has boundary issues. I wouldn't see him around for a long time but every time I did, he'd follow me, once he followed me to my new apt, I spotted him when I parking and I ran inside and locked the door. He wouldn't leave for a long time. Every time I'd see him I would run, because he didn't where he was, he'd attack u anywhere. I'm from Seaside and wasn't familiar with him, but I quickly found out. He continually called my job, I had people lie to him, he'd use different names and change his voice to a woman's voice. He once came to my boyfriends house in Monterey, after calling non stop all night, and wouldn't leave, just beeped, and knocked all night. I know he would've attacked me again, if the guy had let him in the house. I begged him not to open the door. I said, he's going to hurt me if u do. i said u won't be able to stop him. The coke binges and alcohol were huge factor in his actions. So again, I have forgiven him, but I'd never, ever be alone with him again.
tempgirl007

Hilliard, OH

#341 Jun 22, 2012

This is not true. I know first hand what Tom is, and he has boundary issues and issues when telling him no or that he can't do something. I went out with him and being from Seaside, i didn't know his history. I quickly found out. For him, it is not exciting enough unless there is some sort of pain or power involved. Tom created a date rape situation, and it totally caught me off guard. I stopped taking his calls after that, and avoided him. Here is my story with him: Forgiveness is the key, or at least it was the key for me. I had to forgive Tom in order to move on. It was difficult at first and it took a while, but I had to do it. When I'd see him around, I was still afraid to be alone with him, even in a public place because I knew first hand what he was capable of. Tom probably needed help a long time ago and his parents never did anything for him. His thought process with me was if he had you before he can take you any time he feels like it, no matter where you are, & who you're with. Something was wrong with him. I forgave him and we were able to speak in public and he apologized to me, but I still didn't trust him because I knew deep down inside what he could do to me. When you told him no, something would click and he took that as a challenge. He raped me 4 times, the first times it was a date rape situation in his store, I was shocked like, what is happening, he was out of control and couldn't hear me or see me, I'd never seen him like that before, then he saw me in the parking garage downtown Monterey and wouldn't let me leave and backed me between two cars, the second time was when he broke into my window in Marina, by the time I heard the noise it was already too late he was inside my bedroom, then in Carmel when I was staying at a friends, I tried to run outside when he came thru the window but he was fast, he got back out and caught me in front of the guest house. I had to forgive him in order to move on. I won't lie, if I ever saw him again, I would def not ever be alone with him. I was with my husband once, at Del Monte Center in the car, I spotted him going the opposite way, he made an illegal u turn right in the middle of the street, in front of tons of cars and stopped our car. He didn't even know my husband. He was on a motorcycle and introduced himself to my husband in the middle of traffic. My husband never knew about him and what he did to me. Tom gives me this look as if to say, he doesn't care who I'm with, he still owns me. It was crazy. Who does that? I said it's just some guy I used to know from Monterey. He tried to tell my husband he looked familiar and asked him where we lived? I was afraid. I know the signs, for him it would be a game to show up and come inside when my husband is at work. My husband told him, and I said honey we have to go, the baby is getting tired. My son was in the back seat. Tom has boundary issues. I wouldn't see him around for a long time but every time I did, he'd follow me, once he followed me to my new apt, I spotted him when I parking and I ran inside and locked the door. He wouldn't leave for a long time. Every time I'd see him I would run, because he didn't where he was, he'd attack u anywhere. I'm from Seaside and wasn't familiar with him, but I quickly found out. He continually called my job, I had people lie to him, he'd use different names and change his voice to a woman's voice. He once came to my boyfriends house in Monterey, after calling non stop all night, and wouldn't leave, just beeped, and knocked all night. I know he would've attacked me again, if the guy had let him in the house. I begged him not to open the door. I said, he's going to hurt me if u do. i said u won't be able to stop him. The coke binges and alcohol were huge factor in his actions. So again, I have forgiven him, but I'd never, ever be alone with him again.

so I understand ur defense of him but some of these stories about him are true. I have forgiven him but he can't stop his actions.
Facts

Gimo, Sweden

#342 Jun 22, 2012
Tom Pollacci NEVER took drugs or drank alcohol. If you (tempgirl007) really were telling the truth, then you would know that one thing about Tom. He had was NOT a drug addict are drinker so, I KNOW you are making your story up.
Ponder

AOL

#343 Jun 24, 2012
Why do men want to do this to women? Power Control.Well it certainly messes up one's mind! I sincerely hope many can get help!!
Ponder

AOL

#344 Jun 24, 2012
I hope many are working on their recovery!!
ponder

AOL

#345 Jun 25, 2012
I pray many men are working on their recovery also! One thing I have learned about the study of men who rape is that a high percentage have this issue called the" Modonna Whore complex"! What it is basically is that they believe that women should be Virginal if not married.If a women is married then they believe she should not be "having affairs" on the side. So it provokes something in their mind to rape.Some men that have this issue are controlling on one side but on the other side they are very loving human beings. That is why I encourage all women to extremly know a person before you have a physical relationship with. Do not just hop into something fast!! Even though some men have this view by no means is ever right to violate a woman! My heart goes out to all women that have been abused by men in any manner whether rape, beating, domestic violence and verbal abuse!!
Facts

AOL

#346 Jun 26, 2012
No that is one true aspect about him. He did not drink or do drugs.If he drank mildly.
sistas out there

AOL

#347 Jun 27, 2012
Who in the**** cares if the dude did drugs or drank that is not what he was all about! The question is How is his soul? after hurting many many women.What if any of those women were mentally ill or bi-polar. How can someone go to sleep at night with themselves and feel good the next day. The only explanation that makes sense is these individuals that do this have no conscience.If any it is limited. Or they are brainwashed????
sistas out there

AOL

#348 Jun 27, 2012
WHO ******* CaReS If He DranK OR DiD DrugS!!!!
sistas out there

AOL

#349 Jul 3, 2012
Do these men finally get through their cerebral cortex the ramifications that rape can do to a women long lasting effects.Again what if a woman was already raped as a little girl and then again as a adult. I certainly hope that more studies can be done on men's brains after they die. They should want to donate their brain to research to see what link is missing.Possible medication could help others by studying the human brain.Maybe this would encourage men that have the urge to take something!!!No Women should have to ever deal with rape.
sistas out there

Salinas, CA

#350 Jul 13, 2012
Women out there do you know that I have a friend that was raped by a guy who did not like that she said she was a sex love addict. He put her against a wall and went at it until her eyes popped out.The only reason why she actually said that was because she wanted to get this guy to admit he was and had know idea that was going to happen her. He also said to her he did not like women to fornicate. Where is a persons mind when they do things like this or say things. What do they think they are a GOD.Also this friend of mine is a very good souled person who did not deserve this along with all other women. She infact wanted to be a nun a big portion of her early life as a child growing up. Always wore many years a gold cross. I wonder if these men would stop in there tracks if they had facts like that. The women out in the world who have been violated will never be the same. Why do men want to inflict this on women.Women are beautiful so beautiful. Women who have gone through anything never stop believing in yourself.
sistas out there

Salinas, CA

#351 Jul 31, 2012
I still can not fathom why some men out in this beautiful world want to violate women. Especially preying after naive women or disabled mentally. Why? How can they look themselves in the mirror after. These men out in the world all better have taken grenades and gone down to jail for ALL!! the women they victimized not just one or two. Can women ever feel or be the same? No it changes one"s life completely.Women please do not give up on life. I wanted to, some of my friends who were victimized wanted to,some resorted to alcohol and drugs. I encourage you all to stay strong. Do not let people in the world who want to hurt bring you down!!Be strong!!!
sistas out there

Salinas, CA

#352 Aug 4, 2012
There are many times when women have the fleeting thought that they want to get back at men that have victimized them. Some do it in self defense.It is wrong both ways, but again by no means women should never have to endure emotional or physical abuse at the hand of a man.What makes it worst is when you trust the man and he lures you in making you believe he is wonderful.I encourage all women get to know men in public places, always ask around town about them. maybe ask co-workers ex wives, ex girlfriends, anything to help. Go on facebook etc. there is so much social media out there to help one decifer who is goog or not.
sistas out there

Salinas, CA

#353 Aug 8, 2012
EMOTIONAL ABUSE is just as traumatic as physical, you just can not see scares or physical evidence. The pain hurts though. Keep strong women!!!
pg girl

United States

#354 Aug 8, 2012
As far as Tom not drinking...in JR. HIGH he was wheeled out on a stretcher because he was so DRUNK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 22 dGo mneDad lyHo i... 71,943
News Del Rey Oaks Garden Center grand opening schedu... Jul 21 Kathi Buckley Smith 1
drugs Jul 16 JayJay 2
City of seaside needs to replace more than PD T... Jul 10 fed up 1
Monterey Seafood Restaurant Celebrates its 26 Y... Jul 6 cafefina58 1
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Jun 30 ChaCha 17
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages