Witness in Michael Minafo case to 'take the Fifth'

Full story: Monterey County Herald

A 24-year-old Del Rey Oaks man plans to "take the Fifth" when he is called to testify at a preliminary hearing next month into the beating death of Mark Auria of Marina.
Comments
21 - 40 of 45 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
check info

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I had to find out if this was true for myself. See below, straight from Monterey County Court.
Dwayne-- you should check YOUR facts before you make a comment like that.

Case Number CRSS082021A
Case Caption People vs. Barrera, Thomas
Filing Date 7/29/2008
Case Type Felony: Salinas
Filing Type Complaint
Original Filing Date 7/29/2008
Agency Monterey Police Department
Agency Number COM0333182
----------
Name / AKA
Party Type Last Name First Name Middle Name Is AKA
DEF Barrera Thomas
----------
Attorney Information
Attorney Type Last Name First Name Middle Name
DEF Nady Xavier
DA Quirk John
DEF Mills Shawn C.
----------
Schedule Events
Type Date Time Location
Arraignment: Complaint 8/20/2008 13:30:00 Courtroom 02
Preliminary Calendar Call 9/30/2008 10:00:00 Courtroom 08
Preliminary Examination 10/3/2008 09:00:00 Courtroom 08
Prelim Setting 10/9/2008 10:00:00 Courtroom 08
Sentencing and Report 11/13/2008 08:30:00 Courtroom 08
Setting 11/18/2008 08:30:00 Courtroom 08
VOP: Arraignment 1/27/2010 08:15:00 Courtroom 06
Setting Revocation Hearing 2/4/2010 10:30:00 Courtroom 06
Setting Revocation Hearing 2/24/2010 10:30:00 Courtroom 06
Back to Top
check info

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

It looks like the other felony is accurate also. Just waiting on sentencing. See below...

Case Number CRMS281882A
Case Caption People vs. Faiello, Vincent
Filing Date 11/20/2009
Case Type Misdemeanor: Salinas
Filing Type Citation Signed
Original Filing Date 11/20/2009
Agency Monterey Police Department
Agency Number COM0358045


----------

Name / AKA
Party Type Last Name First Name Middle Name Is AKA
DEF Faiello Vincent


----------

Attorney Information
Attorney Type Last Name First Name Middle Name
DEF Klopfenstein John
DA Storms Richard Ray
DA Donahue Scott Edward


----------

Schedule Events
Type Date Time Location
Arraignment: Citation 12/8/2009 08:15:00 Courtroom 05
Plea Hearing 12/29/2009 08:15:00 Courtroom 05
Plea Hearing 1/7/2010 08:30:00 Courtroom 04
Plea Hearing 2/3/2010 10:00:00 Courtroom 04
Setting 3/10/2010 10:00:00 Courtroom 04



Bottom line----- there is felonys
Sac Town

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It looks like Dwayne Michael Carter was saying there is no felony charges for the Minafo's.

They are a good harding working family and I hate to see so much hatred towards them.

They are good people and did nothing wrong.
Sac Town

Loomis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thought I would call attention to my "error" before my typing became an issue..."good hard working family".
check info

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

This first post didn't just include the Minafo's and Dwaynes post states, "NOBODY has felonies you jerk!!! blah".
I would say they are somebody and they were there! You might want to recheck what your readind. Don't read to far into it. Only what it says.
FACT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nobody has stated that anyone is or is not hard working.
All that is being shown here is Monterey County Court Records.
FACT
sucka please

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

not the real sucka please above this post but hey... the comments about my english wont hurt as bad as the acquittal will... have a great one...
check info

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

This is a shame, I have been doing more research now that it has been brought out.
I see they're still in trouble even after that night.

Thanks to the post that came from "FACT":
It's nice to see people post just fact information because you can't always believe what you read in the paper.

Case Information
Case Number TR10-005692
Case Caption People vs. Minafo, Christopher Ryan
Filing Date 2/4/2010
Case Type Traffic: Marina
Filing Type Citation Signed
Original Filing Date 2/4/2010
Agency Marina Police Department
Agency Number MA0178


----------

Name / AKA
Party Type Last Name First Name Middle Name Is AKA
DEF Minafo Christopher Ryan


----------

Attorney Information
No Attorney Information Records Found

----------

Schedule Events
Type Date Time Location
Pay or Appear 2/19/2010 08:15:00 Pay or Appear


People Need to Get A Life

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

check info wrote:
This is a shame, I have been doing more research now that it has been brought out.
I see they're still in trouble even after that night.
Thanks to the post that came from "FACT":
It's nice to see people post just fact information because you can't always believe what you read in the paper.
Case Information
Case Number TR10-005692
Case Caption People vs. Minafo, Christopher Ryan
Filing Date 2/4/2010
Case Type Traffic: Marina
Filing Type Citation Signed
Original Filing Date 2/4/2010
Agency Marina Police Department
Agency Number MA0178
----------
Name / AKA
Party Type Last Name First Name Middle Name Is AKA
DEF Minafo Christopher Ryan
----------
Attorney Information
No Attorney Information Records Found
----------
Schedule Events
Type Date Time Location
Pay or Appear 2/19/2010 08:15:00 Pay or Appear
Linked to the same incident...still pending...wrongfully accused!
toughguy

Richmond, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

know it all wrote:
If I were Dice or Minafo I would be more concerned about were to have the victory dinner. My vote would be for Tarpy's Roadhouse in carmel. I say Mike gets the Medium rare porterhouse with roasted red potatos,Steamed Veggies and a nice glass of Dom Perignon 2000. Dice I see going with the medium new york, red roasted potatos and veggies. Not the Dom though. Maybe Louis Roederer Cristal Brut 2002. You guys might want to split the brownie because those are some pretty big steaks.
I hope Dice is treatin 'cause tarpy's is expensive! Unless replacing the lightbulbs at the powerplant pays buku bucks Mike may need to downgrade to east salinas (or stay in his mobile home!)
Confirmed

Camden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I don't know who is treating but neither one of them are paying for the drinks. There will be plenty of happy faces buying rounds. Everyone here is invited so put on your party hats people!
Marina man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Case was dismissed. Wrongfully accused. Poor police work, again.
People Need to Get A Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Linked to the same incident...still pending...wrongfully accused!
FACT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

There is a pattern here. the Minafo's are always "wrongfully accused".
but there is talk about spending money at a nice restaurant!
What about the tax payers money there spending because of there criminal life style??
Confirmed

Camden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I along with Mr. Minafo have been paying taxes for a long time now. They can take it out of our withholdings. As for the dinner, Ill be more than happy to pay for yours. Just let me know what you would like soon because I dont think this is going to go on for much longer. They have a menu on the website so check it out and give me a ring. Talk to you soon.
Sac Town

Loomis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FACT wrote:
There is a pattern here. the Minafo's are always "wrongfully accused".
but there is talk about spending money at a nice restaurant!
What about the tax payers money there spending because of there criminal life style??
As a long time family friend I want to know how you are going to feel when it is proven that there is no criminal activity on either Minafos' part? Are you going to man up and apologize for your slanderous behavior and admit you are wrong? Or are you going to come up with another excuse and continue making accusations you know nothing about. I doubt it is Minafo talking about fancy restaurants and spending money and I can assure you all the Minafo family have always footed the bill for the less fortunate, who the hell do you think is paying his attorney bills -- it is certainly not YOU or any other taxpayer!
Marina man

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 16, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

Prior to this tragic incident, of which he will be found innocent, Mike Minafo has only had one traffic violation. The other court case was a minor civil affair. Hardly the "record" of the hardened criminal he is being made out to be by the media and some the comments being posted. I don't see why his son Chris is even being referred to in these posts anymore, the charges against him were in fact found to be baseless and were dismissed. Who gives a damn about dinner, I just want the correct person charged and convicted for the death of Mark. Mike is not that person.

1
FACT wrote:
There is a pattern here. the Minafo's are always "wrongfully accused".
but there is talk about spending money at a nice restaurant!
What about the tax payers money there spending because of there criminal life style??
make no mistake

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Feb 21, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

make no mistake,someone will be going too prison. this is a bad deal for everyone involved
Dwayne michael Carter

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 21, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

i will bet a buffalo nickle that nobody goes to prison or even back to jail sooooo i think you made a mistake
Beast

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Mar 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I know the Aurias. They were my neighbors through most of my childhood years. I grew up with his sons Brian and Justin and his daughter Angela. I was in total shock when I heard this happened because I too know Chris Minafo and Tommy Barrera. Facts or no facts, this is a ugly situation. Someone died when no one had to. We can play the blame game all day long but none of this is gonna bring Mark back.. so someone has got to pay.
Disappointed

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Mar 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I live on the same street as Mike Minafo. I've known him for years, however, not very well. He was a good neighbor and seemed like a decent guy. I didn't know Mark Auria quite as well but he went out of his way to help me several times and seemed like a good neighbor.

I did not see the incident although we heard the commotion and went to the window to see what was going on. Mostly, we saw the aftermath of the arrival of the police.

I have no incite into who is guilty or who is innocent but I know I'm disappointed in all those involved.

It was around 9:30 in the evening, just three days before Christmas. I had been sitting around a fire all night long with my family listening to Christmas music and feeling pretty good about the holiday.

When I learned of what had transpired, I just shook my head in disbelief that at this one time of the year there hadn't been a little more goodwill.

That's why I'm disappointed with everyone involved for letting this whole episode spin out of control in a time meant to reach out to others with just a little more understanding and compassion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••