Sara Lee bakery unit sold to Bimbo

Sara Lee is cutting the apron strings on its unit that bakes bread, selling it to Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo for $959million as it looks to concentrate more on its coffee and meat businesses. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
YGBSM

Monterey, CA

#1 Nov 10, 2010
Wow. Bimbo also owns the Orowheat brand.
Lola

Monterey, CA

#2 Nov 10, 2010
OMG!!! Sara Lee must be turning in her grave.
Franke

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2010
Where is the Federal Government when we need them? Who is enforcing the Sherman Antitrust Act?

How is it the #2 bakery in the US, although foreign owned, can buy 3rd largest bakery in the US and no-one says a word about the massive monopoly in the baking industry they are creating.

Who will protect the consumers? Where are our electeds? It's way to quiet. Bye bye to more American jobs.
Mexican

Salinas, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2010
hahahahaha
Bill

Salinas, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2010
Cartel money cartel owened

Since: Dec 10

Beaver Dam, WI

#6 Dec 29, 2010
These large bakeries should stop changing and cheapening the recipes that made them famous. The BrownBerry brand simply is non existent.
American In Monterrey

Mexico

#7 Dec 29, 2010
Bill wrote:
Cartel money cartel owened
Not even close. do your homework on Bimbo, too much real work for cartels and margins at 1/10000000th of the drugs. Let's assume this was a joke.
big T

Acworth, GA

#8 Jan 2, 2011
I worked for SL. for ten years, in mid.mangm. sorryet company I have every worked with. They care nothing about there people just the cost. Was told there are two kinds of mangers at SL. the one that comes in under budjet & the new guy. I hope the bastards go under. BImo Bo ? they are strugling with GW, they bought, Big diffrence in paying $18.00 hr for mixer opperator the $18.00 aday in mexico.

THANK GOD FOR FLOWERS BAKERYS
Warrior against Genocide

Norfolk, VA

#9 Mar 26, 2011
big T wrote:
I worked for SL. for ten years, in mid.mangm. sorryet company I have every worked with. They care nothing about there people just the cost. Was told there are two kinds of mangers at SL. the one that comes in under budjet & the new guy. I hope the bastards go under. BImo Bo ? they are strugling with GW, they bought, Big diffrence in paying $18.00 hr for mixer opperator the $18.00 aday in mexico.
It's all about giving the people what they want "big T"!
Warrior against Genocide

Norfolk, VA

#10 Mar 26, 2011
Lola wrote:
OMG!!! Sara Lee must be turning in her grave.
You're not assuming that Sara Lee was a racist are you "OMG"?
better than norristown

Charlotte, NC

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Police-abuse panel falls prey to Norristown infighting. A year after Mayor Ted LeBlanc agreed to form the committee to field complaints, it has yet to meet. By Jeff Shields A three-member panel established last year to channel police abuse complaints in Norristown has never met, despite continuing tensions between police and critics within the community. Rochelle Griffin Culbreath, a member of Borough Council; Doris Smith Starks, a community volunteer; and Albert Jarman, pastor
of Ebenezer Methodist Church, were named to the committee by Norristown Mayor Ted LeBlanc in January 2003. Since then, the group has not addressed any reports of police
brutality. It has not taken in any formal complaints. Local NAACP president Lana Shells said she had never heard of the group. "We really didn't do anything," Starks said last week.
The committee came into being after angry residents held a rally for Shondra Comfort and Donovan Love, who were arrested in November 2002 after a scuffle with police. Montgomery County
District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. cleared the officers involved in that case, but residents still seethed at the way the couple were treated.
At that rally, DeLacy Davis, a police sergeant from East Orange, N.J., and founder of the group Black Cops Against Police Brutality; and Rochelle Bilal, secretary of the Philadelphia NAACP, complained that the Police Department's system of
taking complaints was intimidating to some. On the spot, LeBlanc agreed to form the committee. But now the members say that the failure of the committee is a direct result of Norristown's dysfunctional political situation.
Still happening today with police intimidateion.
TOTAL DISLIKE

United States

#14 Sep 4, 2012
big T wrote:
FLOWERS ALL THE WAY
Roger

United States

#15 Jan 5, 2013
big T wrote:
I agree with you 100 and 10%.
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#16 Jan 5, 2013
ILuvMexMen and Desert Dust Devil haven't been on these threads in a long time and now I know why, they both work at the "BIMBO" factory.
Their jobs are to suck on the bread machine nozzles to free them of sticky dough. Bimbo picked the right pair for this job!! The one thing the two asked for was for the nozzles to be painted brown so they would feel right at home doing their jobs.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#17 Jan 5, 2013
Here in Mexico I enjoyed the Sara Lee cakes, if I don't remember bad, something like 15-10 years ago, I bought them almost every weekend ( I gained a few kilos because of that ). Then they stop selling them in Mexico, I don't know why.

Hopefully with this, Sara Lee will return to Mexico.

Regards.
stanley

United States

#18 Mar 26, 2013
big T wrote:
Totally agree hope they go under.
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Was the "Bimbo" bakery named after ILuvMexMen?
Flowers bread lover

Uneeda, WV

#20 Dec 5, 2013
stanley wrote:
<quoted text> Totally agree hope they go under.
district sales manager in bridgeport is a back stabbing drone as well as everyone else that works their
Curious

Uneeda, WV

#22 Dec 6, 2013
Heard that the district manager is a guy last name Stanley if it's who I think it is what a JOKE
Flowers

Nitro, WV

#23 Dec 27, 2013
Yelp don't turn your back on R Stanley he will throw you under the bus to save his own ass. I'm sure he would probly throw his own mother under the bus to save him self

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Frijoles 69,461
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 hr El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance