Marina fight victim dies

A Marina man is dead and a neighbor is facing criminal charges after an altercation a few days before Christmas. Full Story
Old Family Friend

Vacaville, CA

#1 Jan 7, 2010
I was so sorry to hear about the death of my old family friend. I grew up with Mark many years ago, my condolances to his family.
too bad

Greenfield, CA

#2 Jan 7, 2010
Its sad that someone had to die over something so reckless.
Proud Wood

Milpitas, CA

#3 Jan 7, 2010
My condolences to the Auria family.These kinds of tragedy's will continue to happen until people take back their neighborhoods from young punk kids who think they run the streets.Eye for an eye.
A Friend

Salinas, CA

#4 Jan 7, 2010
My condolences to Mark Auria's family. I knew Mark since Jr high school. Me,Mark,Chris and a few others used to hang out back then. Last time I saw Mark he talked about how proud he was of his family.We had some good laughs about the "good ole days" Mark was a great guy who would help anyone in need.He will be missed.
Julie Menares Eliason

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 8, 2010
My condolences to the Auria Family. We grew up with Mark, he will be missed.
MarinaMom

Seaside, CA

#6 Jan 10, 2010
Mark was a good man,(45),he will miss the birth of his 1st grandchild n 2 weeks, his 3 young adult children will struggle without his help. In lieu of flowers they have set up a fund to help take care of expenses: The... Mark Auria Fund Rabo Bank "Marina"228 Reservation Rd.Marina, CA 93933
mommar

Glide, OR

#8 Jan 11, 2010
too bad the police are corrupt in so many places and the charges ARE FALSE! It is sad when someone defends them self and the guy died so now he is charged with murder.. If only the true and correct story are correct!
WLM

Salinas, CA

#9 Jan 12, 2010
From the little reported, it sounds like some punks were street racing and some neighbors objected and the punks rather than apology attacked the neighbors.

The police are corrupt, but I doubt they give a damn of the victim or his killer. They will just say Auria should have called the police and waited and waited and waited for the street punks to give up racing or the cops to stop the racing.

Wonder from "mommar" comes up with his conclusions that it was self defense. That is only a valid when one fears for his life. You are telling me Mifano apologized and was walking away and Auria charged him screaming "I am going to kill you!".

I hope the Herald does better reporting than it normally does with this one.

What punishment the guy received for killing a bum for washing his windshield without permission?

old freind of the family

Salinas, CA

#10 Jan 14, 2010
I am so sorry to here about Mark, Iíve known him for over 30 years now, He was a good person from a good family.
He didnít deserve to die like that. I hope that justice is served and they throw the book at this guy who done this horrible thing to him. Senseless
none

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Jan 17, 2010
To Everyone including Cottage Grove OR,

The arrest and reports are all public record. Read them before you say the KILLER is innocent...The police failed to show up to numerous 911 calls regarding the racing. Mark was not on his property and thought he was going there to talk to the parent about their kid....but before he barley made it around the corner he and his sons were attacked by 15 young adults and the father. GET IT STRAIGHT PLZ.
nickiegirl

Monterey, CA

#12 Jan 25, 2010
My condolences go out to the Auria family! This was never suppose to happen it was very sad, tramatic and unexpected for our whole neighborhood! It went from an agressive party to a mad mob outside our house and on the street there was literally 25 people against 3! Whos to blame? the alcohol induced young adults that was involved in the beating that wouldnt stop and were never charged!! Now there are 2 men that are getting hit with all the charges when there were alot more that were involved!!
The of a child

Monroe, MI

#13 Aug 24, 2010
dad,
My son Allen was born just 9 days after you passed. When i look into his eyes i see you. He has lost so much already in his life and hes only 7 months.How could i mend that void he will have when he grows up? i can tell him stories and memories on how amazing you were but it wont be the same.My husband and i miss you so much.We raise Allen to be like you with the heart of gold and most beautiful personality.I dont think anyone could possibly know how much you mean to us.Like jay had said you were our rock.You were the perfect parent and not many kids can say that and we have always thought that.We love and miss you and everyday we show Allen your pictures.xoxox thank you for everything you done for us you truly are our hero.
love Always,
Angela,Arron,and Allen
Brat

Greenfield, CA

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Miss you:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Wed JOEL 70,615
Hello Mon Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]