Who do you support for U.S. Senate in California in 2010?

Posted in the Monterey Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of6,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Regular Joe

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

Dianna Singleton wrote:
Stop throwing away your votes on the lousy Democratic and Republican Party candidates.
VOTE GREEN PARTY ALL THE WAY DOWN YOUR BALLOT!
VOTE DUANE ROBERTS FOR U.S. SENATE!
You third party dreamers are delusional if you think you will win. Wake up and get real already. You will probably put big money Wall st cronies Meg and Carly F in office and the whole states working class population and schools will pay the heavy price. Putting these 2 power mad rich anti union job outsourcers in office would be the worst thing to happen. It looks like the green party dreamers want more jobs to go to China and Mexico etc. If Brown and Boxer aren't there that is what you can expect. Good luck to us all we will need it.
Regular Joe

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

China wants Meg and Carly to win. They want more Californian jobs shipped over there. Republicans must love Chinese communists. They send them all the jobs they can!!!!
Save our state

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Carly Fiorina

She doesn't listen to the voters only cares about what she wants! Better yet what will pad her pocket! We need to get rid of these people who do not care about what the voters think, they do not know better than we do! Its time to show her the door!
BS Detector

Venice, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Carly Fiorina

Judged:

ANYBODY but Boxer! She (Boxer) is an embarrassment.

“Fly low and avoid the penguins”

Since: Dec 09

Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Barbara Boxer

Judged:

Let's see....We can vote out the most influential person in the Senate and replace her with a neophyte who'll have noooooooo influence and will be voted out with the next political swing; Or we can keep the "devil we know" and encourage her to set the Senate agenda to our concerns and perhaps actually engage her in discussion of our concerns for the country. I'm going for the latter.
hermit

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Gail K. Lightfoot

Judged:

barbara thinks government is the best answer,Carly believes the government should make rules for our personal lives so I vote for liberty

Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

And by the way:

A large number of you seem to be mistaking the role of the Senate for that of the state legislature. Our state representatives in Congress and the Senate have minimal influence on our state specific affairs. The best they can do for us at the state level is to grab as much pork from the federal pie as possible.

Now if you are concerned about state level politics, start looking at your assembly representatives.
Greg

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

Meg Whitman: Hasnt even bothered to vote and hires illegals, not to mention hasnt any politcal experience trying to govern the 7th largest economy in the world. Carly Fiorini: Her only experience is as the worst CEO in HP history and all she knows how to do is send US jobs to cheap offshore markets. Terrific choices ha ha! Gov Whitman will be doing tax cuts for rich folks while Fiorini will keep on doing more of the same for the big business puppet masters bankrolling her run. Talk about the blind leading the blind. If they both win Im getting the heck outta this state by next summer.
John

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Carly Fiorina

Judged:

Not Boxer - We need someone with a little bit of a moral compass. I don't hate, I but I don't agree either. The two can coexist!!
Boxer lost my vote

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

by supporting this billion dollar boondoggle:

Agran knows how to blow money on consultants
http://tinyurl.com/2b8twcj

Broken promise? Great Park critics uncomfortable with call for federal funds
http://tinyurl.com/28umes9

Irvine’s Great Park hangar targeted by pork-busting senator
http://tinyurl.com/2dwj9eo
OH Sure

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

BS Detector wrote:
ANYBODY but Boxer! She (Boxer) is an embarrassment.
You idiot. You need to change your name to BS Artist!
Big Cock

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

That Carla Fiorino is one ugly duckling. What the hell kinda hair is that? Did the rats in her house chew it off while she slept off a drunken night of partying? Or did her mow and blow guys run her over with the lawn mower? I dont wanna see her homely face anymore after this dumbass election wraps up.
Greenie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

www.voteforduane.org
Cal

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

The candidate that addresses the $3,000,000 of waste by the Chancellor of UC Berkeley will receive my vote. Know the issues? Read on...UC Berkeley’s recent elimination of popular sports programs highlighted endemic problems in the university’s management. Chancellor Robert Birgeneau’s eight-year fiscal track record is dismal indeed. He would like to blame the politicians in Sacramento, since they stopped giving him every dollar he has asked for, and the state legislators do share some responsibility for the financial crisis. But not in the sense he means.

A competent chancellor would have been on top of identifying inefficiencies in the system and then crafting a plan to fix them. Compentent oversight by the Board of Regents and the legislature would have required him to provide data on problems and on what steps he was taking to solve them. Instead, every year Birgeneau would request a budget increase, the regents would agree to it, and the legislature would provide. The hard questions were avoided by all concerned, and the problems just piled up….until there was no money left.

It’s not that Birgeneau was unaware that there were, in fact, waste and inefficiencies in the system. Faculty and staff have raised issues with senior management, but when they failed to see relevant action taken, they stopped. Finally, Birgeneau engaged some expensive ($3 million) consultants, Bain & Company, to tell him what he should have been able to find out from the bright, engaged people in his own organization.

From time to time, a whistleblower would bring some glaring problem to light, but the chancellor’s response was to dig in and defend rather than listen and act. Since UC has been exempted from most whistleblower lawsuits, there are ultimately no negative consequences for maintaining inefficiencies.

In short, there is plenty of blame to go around. But you never want a serious crisis to go to waste. An opportunity now exists for the UC president, Board of Regents, and California legislators to jolt UC Berkeley back to life, applying some simple check-and-balance management principles. Increasing the budget is not enough; transforming senior management is necessary. The faculty, students, staff, academic senate, Cal. alumni, and taxpayers await the transformation.
Greenie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

Regular Joe wrote:
<quoted text> You third party dreamers are delusional if you think you will win. Wake up and get real already. You will probably put big money Wall st cronies Meg and Carly F in office and the whole states working class population and schools will pay the heavy price. Putting these 2 power mad rich anti union job outsourcers in office would be the worst thing to happen. It looks like the green party dreamers want more jobs to go to China and Mexico etc. If Brown and Boxer aren't there that is what you can expect. Good luck to us all we will need it.
Blah, blah, blah.

The Democrats are NO better. They've continued the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, are giving the private health insurance companies $500 billion in taxpayer money, bailed out Wall Street, are for NAFTA, have done nothing for labor unions ... same old bullcrap.

Vote Green Party!
Maddow Fan

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

I don't trust Carly one bit. I vote no to her crooked party of no. She ought to move to China where she would be very welcome indeed. Since she likes to send our jobs over where most factories pay slave labor at under 1.00 per hr. Shows Carly is a strong supporter of the minimum wage- as minimum as possible. Boxer has done a fine job over the years looking out for us and has earned our support.

Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Cal wrote:
The candidate that addresses....
Again: Not a federal Senate issue. This would be a state matter. The US Senate has minimal to nothing to do with the UC system.

But if you want to hold your breath until Carla or Barbara makes a statement, please feel free.
Amazed

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

I can't believe how incredibly ignorant and/or plain dumb some middle class voters are on here. I guess maybe Meg-a-bucks and Crappy Frauderina really have been able to buy off your votes lol! How can any of these poor wage slave fools still trust a culture of corruption repugnant to do anything but more of the wrong things after what the Arnold/W Bush years were like? We are on a race to the bottom anytime these tea baggin Repugnant hypocrite a-holes are in office.
mr. & mrs cowie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Barbara Boxer

we are for unions
h myers

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Voted For Carly Fiorina

I hate boxer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of6,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance