Comments
4,621 - 4,640 of 6,126 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4800 Dec 11, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how they are getting richer doesn’t it. I know of people that have gutted companies turning people out of work, or moving the factories to foreign countries with cheaper labor. More and more people out of work, and decidedly poorer.
Interesting to note these were mostly Republicans.
No, it doesn't matter. One does not have to take from another to gain you moron. The only one which does that is the government.

And your nonsense that it is all "republicans" shows how ignorant you truly are. I don't see too many poor Democrats in Congress or Hollywood.

Location hidden

#4801 Dec 11, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think you realize how capitalism works..
the rich get richer as a funtion of gravity...
the rich get rich off the consumption demands of the middle class..
no middle class??
less demand = many less rich guys....
but If I said the sky was blue......youd likely try to refute me on that.
Again, I lost my decoder ring.

Want to be taken seriously, try learning 3rd grade grammar.

Location hidden

#4802 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
False on all accounts. Economics is based upon limited resources of all kinds. Government employment stimulates the economy. Deficits make little or no difference until government borrowing competes with private sector borrowing driving up interest rates and inflation or until the government cannot borrow anymore.
GLAD I COULD HELP
Econ 101 is beyond the TeaTard mind.
You have obviously never owned a business.

Who got poor because Bill Gates developed Windows and made BILLIONS?

Location hidden

#4803 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Government employment stimulates the economy.
Yeah, it worked great in Cuba, the USSR, Venezuela, Cihna...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4804 Dec 11, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously never owned a business.
Who got poor because Bill Gates developed Windows and made BILLIONS?
Macro economics is nothing like owing a small business. A small business is nothing like a huge publicly owned business.

My owning or not owing a business has nothing to do with
Bill Gates or Microsoft.

What a jackass!!!

FUN

Location hidden

#4805 Dec 11, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it worked great in Cuba, the USSR, Venezuela, Cihna...
It worked great in the United States during WWII and caused explosive economic growth in the 50s.

See, you never understand macro economics. Go take a class sometime, you might learn something.

Location hidden

#4806 Dec 11, 2012
BTW I have my own septic cleaning service.

What a Jackass.

FUN

Location hidden

#4807 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Macro economics is nothing like owing a small business. A small business is nothing like a huge publicly owned business.
My owning or not owing a business has nothing to do with
Bill Gates or Microsoft.
What a jackass!!!
FUN
It's OK that you don't want to answer the question. We understand that it would destroy your previous assertion.

Location hidden

#4808 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It worked great in the United States during WWII and caused explosive economic growth in the 50s.
See, you never understand macro economics. Go take a class sometime, you might learn something.
Go take a class.. That is what one usually says when they don't actually know what they are talking about.

BTW, there is a reason why people who teach aren't making money doing what they are the supposed experts on.

Enjoy!

Location hidden

#4809 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Makes sense, you are full of shit.

Location hidden

#4810 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
"Have you ever witnessed the anger of the good shopkeeper, James Goodfellow, when his careless son has happened to break a pane of glass? If you have been present at such a scene, you will most assuredly bear witness to the fact that every one of the spectators, were there even thirty of them, by common consent apparently, offered the unfortunate owner this invariable consolation—"It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Everybody must live, and what would become of the glaziers if panes of glass were never broken?"

Now, this form of condolence contains an entire theory, which it will be well to show up in this simple case, seeing that it is precisely the same as that which, unhappily, regulates the greater part of our economical institutions.

Suppose it cost six francs to repair the damage, and you say that the accident brings six francs to the glazier's trade—that it encourages that trade to the amount of six francs—I grant it; I have not a word to say against it; you reason justly. The glazier comes, performs his task, receives his six francs, rubs his hands, and, in his heart, blesses the careless child. All this is that which is seen.

But if, on the other hand, you come to the conclusion, as is too often the case, that it is a good thing to break windows, that it causes money to circulate, and that the encouragement of industry in general will be the result of it, you will oblige me to call out, "Stop there! Your theory is confined to that which is seen; it takes no account of that which is not seen."

It is not seen that as our shopkeeper has spent six francs upon one thing, he cannot spend them upon another. It is not seen that if he had not had a window to replace, he would, perhaps, have replaced his old shoes, or added another book to his library. In short, he would have employed his six francs in some way, which this accident has prevented."

Location hidden

#4811 Dec 11, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"Have you ever witnessed the anger of the good shopkeeper, James Goodfellow, when his careless son has happened to break a pane of glass? If you have been present at such a scene, you will most assuredly bear witness to the fact that every one of the spectators, were there even thirty of them, by common consent apparently, offered the unfortunate owner this invariable consolation—"It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Everybody must live, and what would become of the glaziers if panes of glass were never broken?"
Now, this form of condolence contains an entire theory, which it will be well to show up in this simple case, seeing that it is precisely the same as that which, unhappily, regulates the greater part of our economical institutions.
Suppose it cost six francs to repair the damage, and you say that the accident brings six francs to the glazier's trade—that it encourages that trade to the amount of six francs—I grant it; I have not a word to say against it; you reason justly. The glazier comes, performs his task, receives his six francs, rubs his hands, and, in his heart, blesses the careless child. All this is that which is seen.
But if, on the other hand, you come to the conclusion, as is too often the case, that it is a good thing to break windows, that it causes money to circulate, and that the encouragement of industry in general will be the result of it, you will oblige me to call out, "Stop there! Your theory is confined to that which is seen; it takes no account of that which is not seen."
It is not seen that as our shopkeeper has spent six francs upon one thing, he cannot spend them upon another. It is not seen that if he had not had a window to replace, he would, perhaps, have replaced his old shoes, or added another book to his library. In short, he would have employed his six francs in some way, which this accident has prevented."
Small minds can only grasp small concepts.

What does this have to do with the economics of a country or large corporation?

Location hidden

#4812 Dec 11, 2012
Typical TeaTard thinks the economics of a huge country is like running a mom and pop store.

Location hidden

#4813 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Small minds can only grasp small concepts.
What does this have to do with the economics of a country or large corporation?
I guess it was a little over your head, based on your irrelevant response.

I guess they didn't teach that to you in "class".

Location hidden

#4814 Dec 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Typical TeaTard thinks the economics of a huge country is like running a mom and pop store.
Poor baby thinks Bastiat is a TeaTard.

I guess in your elite "economics" class they failed to educate you on him.

Too bad.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#4815 Dec 12, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't matter. One does not have to take from another to gain you moron. The only one which does that is the government.
And your nonsense that it is all "republicans" shows how ignorant you truly are. I don't see too many poor Democrats in Congress or Hollywood.
Wrong... deregulated companies can and have done that
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#4816 Dec 12, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
great example of "economics"

im sure every world leader would benfit from it....

SARC!!!!!

deficit spending has been being practiced by both parties(and most governments) for a LONG LONG time...

where does the general store, which provided credit for farmers during the year??? where do they fit in your "history of america"??

I think your the one who needs a class or four.

this country simply wouldnt have been built as fast or as well with without loans.

wake up.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#4817 Dec 12, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it was a little over your head, based on your irrelevant response.
I guess they didn't teach that to you in "class".
everybody here is laughing at you quaint posts...

the big modern world runs on the world institution of modern banking.....

it was the reason your party was ALMOST able to drive the economy off a cliff in 2008.

but im sure you had other business then.

herbert hoover was the only presdident who really agreed with you.

in response to world trade fizzling out??

he attempted to balance the budget!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

it would be funny if your philosophy didnt lead to the great depression.!

when money is needed to get the economy going??? well need to inject it.

the idea is that growth can somehow compensate....

that is impposible if you give the wealthy a HUGE tax cut and start two unbudgeted wars....

your heard me...

TWO UNBUDGETED WARS!!

im sure you were jumping up and down crying bloody murder then, right??

tell you quaint, shopkeeper tale, to Bush/cheney....see what they say??
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#4818 Dec 12, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
What a Jackass.
FUN
i always wondered how you chose that name....

now I know!

business must ALWAYS be good!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#4819 Dec 12, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
i always wondered how you chose that name....
now I know!
business must ALWAYS be good!
You mind is always wondering, put down the bong. You responded right after he mentioned that a few weeks ago, take your time, ask for help reading the posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 min Frankie Rizzo 200,575
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 29 min RiccardoFire 7,925
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 6 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 8 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••