Comments
3,661 - 3,680 of 6,126 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2013

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#3815 Nov 29, 2012
When Liberals read that Mr. Buffett says taxes should be raised they shout it from the highest mountaintop as if it were some kind of universal truth but that’s only because they don’t want to see the size of Government decrease.

Liberals like to say that the Tea Party caused America’s credit rating to decrease. There is no evidence of this from Standard & Poor. And Liberals also say that there was no compromise in the recent raising of the debt ceiling. Considering Democrats control the Executive Branch and 50% of Congress any bill which becomes law has to, by its very nature, be a compromise.

And even if the Tea Party had a mind control machine… why didn’t Democrats raise the debt ceiling when they controled 66% of the Federal Government?

The logic of the Left is not only faulty but it’s shameful that, with few facts to back their assertions up, Liberals rely on the old moral imperative argument.

This tactic has been used repeatedly by Liberals when they are short on facts. Fighting Global Warming is a moral imperative! Let me just get out my checkbook! Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on money losing solar panels and wind farms which chop up birds is a moral imperative! How dare you question us sending your tax dollars to build more of these silly machines!

I am not necessarily against raising taxes (or closing those “loopholes”) but I view it as trying to bail water out of a boat with a screen door for a hull.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#3816 Nov 29, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Plus Buffett should be in jail for his inside trading and manipulation of the stock market. He is a fraud. Mr. Buffett says he pays less in taxes than 20 others who work for him so, therefore, taxes must be too low. While his statements, on their face, may be true, he is not telling the entire story. As Forbes pointed out, Mr. Buffett donates his stock, which costs him little-to-nothing, to charity once it has risen in value and takes the tax right offs thus lowering his tax burden. This is a very different method of paying less than your “fair share” on income tax because you are using the charitable donation to essentially shelter your assets making it appear you earn less than you do.
Romney had a good idea to lesson these loopholes that the rich use. Mr. Buffett says he pays less in taxes than 20 others who work for him so, therefore, taxes must be too low. While his statements, on their face, may be true, he is not telling the entire story. As Forbes pointed out, Mr. Buffett donates his stock, which costs him little-to-nothing, to charity once it has risen in value and takes the tax right offs thus lowering his tax burden. This is a very different method of paying less than your “fair share” on income tax because you are using the charitable donation to essentially shelter your assets making it appear you earn less than you do.
I get it!!

since he is genrous??

he is a fraud.

but all the stingy, mega wealthy folks, like the koch's

they are your heros??

your values are kinda backwards huh??

you hate the middle class// but pray on the alter of the wannabe wealthy??

youre pathetic man...

all were talking about is going back to clinton era rates for the top two percent....and you guys are kicking and screaming like were pushing bolshevism on you....

it is kinda pathetic...

you LOST the election quite soundly,and now youre acting like you won....

who can blame anyone who thinks of your end of the poltical spectrum, as anything but REALLY out touch!
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#3817 Nov 29, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
When Liberals read that Mr. Buffett says taxes should be raised they shout it from the highest mountaintop as if it were some kind of universal truth but that’s only because they don’t want to see the size of Government decrease.
Liberals like to say that the Tea Party caused America’s credit rating to decrease. There is no evidence of this from Standard & Poor. And Liberals also say that there was no compromise in the recent raising of the debt ceiling. Considering Democrats control the Executive Branch and 50% of Congress any bill which becomes law has to, by its very nature, be a compromise.
And even if the Tea Party had a mind control machine… why didn’t Democrats raise the debt ceiling when they controled 66% of the Federal Government?
The logic of the Left is not only faulty but it’s shameful that, with few facts to back their assertions up, Liberals rely on the old moral imperative argument.
This tactic has been used repeatedly by Liberals when they are short on facts. Fighting Global Warming is a moral imperative! Let me just get out my checkbook! Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on money losing solar panels and wind farms which chop up birds is a moral imperative! How dare you question us sending your tax dollars to build more of these silly machines!
I am not necessarily against raising taxes (or closing those “loopholes”) but I view it as trying to bail water out of a boat with a screen door for a hull.
if that is the case??? the why arnt you raving about entitlements??

or raving about the defence budget needing to be cut?/

no one can have a serious budget talk with you guys??

because the first thing you want to cut is education and health care...

how about REINVESTING in this country??
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#3818 Nov 29, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
When Liberals read that Mr. Buffett says taxes should be raised they shout it from the highest mountaintop as if it were some kind of universal truth but that’s only because they don’t want to see the size of Government decrease.
Liberals like to say that the Tea Party caused America’s credit rating to decrease. There is no evidence of this from Standard & Poor. And Liberals also say that there was no compromise in the recent raising of the debt ceiling. Considering Democrats control the Executive Branch and 50% of Congress any bill which becomes law has to, by its very nature, be a compromise.
And even if the Tea Party had a mind control machine… why didn’t Democrats raise the debt ceiling when they controled 66% of the Federal Government?
The logic of the Left is not only faulty but it’s shameful that, with few facts to back their assertions up, Liberals rely on the old moral imperative argument.
This tactic has been used repeatedly by Liberals when they are short on facts. Fighting Global Warming is a moral imperative! Let me just get out my checkbook! Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on money losing solar panels and wind farms which chop up birds is a moral imperative! How dare you question us sending your tax dollars to build more of these silly machines!
I am not necessarily against raising taxes (or closing those “loopholes”) but I view it as trying to bail water out of a boat with a screen door for a hull.
I realize you dont follow politics, or know much about civics...

if you did??

youd realize that one party (with the fillibuster rule)

can obstruct ALL of the people business..

and that is JUST about what the 112 congress did.

they got into power in 11' and started tacking those tough issues like banning abortion and crushing unions...and supressing the vote.

all jobs bills had to be accompanied BY ANOTHER tax break for the wealthy....that is just irrefutable congressional record.

BUT in the senate, where the minority rethugs, fillibustered as well??

the new senate is considering whether or not to go back to the old school rules of having to talk on the floor of congress(sort of like mr smith goes to washington) to keep their fillibuster running...

that would inprove things considerably.

and both parties will eventually use it.
Fold and tuck

Azusa, CA

#3819 Nov 29, 2012
The world's oldest profession took a hit during the recession as customers were forced to cut back on their, entertainment expenses.

But just when a recovery seemed under way, even prostitution has become a victim of the fiscal cliff.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#3820 Nov 29, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it!!
since he is genrous??
he is a fraud.
but all the stingy, mega wealthy folks, like the koch's
they are your heros??
your values are kinda backwards huh??
you hate the middle class// but pray on the alter of the wannabe wealthy??
youre pathetic man...
all were talking about is going back to clinton era rates for the top two percent....and you guys are kicking and screaming like were pushing bolshevism on you....
it is kinda pathetic...
you LOST the election quite soundly,and now youre acting like you won....
who can blame anyone who thinks of your end of the poltical spectrum, as anything but REALLY out touch!
Can't a crook can't wear a suit and tie? are you serious? just look at our politicians. Buffet has invested in China, in coal, in tobacco, but I'm referring to his inside trading. Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year. Warren Buffett is a crook like the banks Yes, he might be rich from the millions of lives he has destroyed, but he is not capitalist—-he is an anti-American, anti-Capitalist, anti-Constitution criminal who is glorified by a left-wing press and an ignorant public.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#3821 Nov 29, 2012
Number 9

Azusa, CA

#3822 Nov 29, 2012
Guess it doesn't work like going fromn A to B, instead several sets of cirles must be used?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#3823 Nov 29, 2012
Number 9 wrote:
Guess it doesn't work like going fromn A to B, instead several sets of cirles must be used?
That's what I was thinking too.
Response

Azusa, CA

#3824 Nov 29, 2012
Chester roundtree hasn't been the same since then.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#3825 Nov 29, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can't a crook can't wear a suit and tie? are you serious? just look at our politicians. Buffet has invested in China, in coal, in tobacco, but I'm referring to his inside trading. Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year. Warren Buffett is a crook like the banks Yes, he might be rich from the millions of lives he has destroyed, but he is not capitalist—-he is an anti-American, anti-Capitalist, anti-Constitution criminal who is glorified by a left-wing press and an ignorant public.
I agree that all the wealthy folks, might have questionable investments...

i guess that is true across the spectrum of life.

But Is warren buffet really Anti american??
and anti capitalist??

were talking about a huge software mogul.... who has made billions and paid taxes and donated LOTs of money...

is that why he is anti-american?? because he is generous and doesnt mind paying a little more in taxes??

he is a billionaire, not joseph stalin...

I think youre being more than a little hysterical, again?
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#3826 Nov 29, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
When Liberals read that Mr. Buffett says taxes should be raised they shout it from the highest mountaintop as if it were some kind of universal truth but that’s only because they don’t want to see the size of Government decrease.
Liberals like to say that the Tea Party caused America’s credit rating to decrease. There is no evidence of this from Standard & Poor. And Liberals also say that there was no compromise in the recent raising of the debt ceiling. Considering Democrats control the Executive Branch and 50% of Congress any bill which becomes law has to, by its very nature, be a compromise.
And even if the Tea Party had a mind control machine… why didn’t Democrats raise the debt ceiling when they controled 66% of the Federal Government?
The logic of the Left is not only faulty but it’s shameful that, with few facts to back their assertions up, Liberals rely on the old moral imperative argument.
This tactic has been used repeatedly by Liberals when they are short on facts. Fighting Global Warming is a moral imperative! Let me just get out my checkbook! Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on money losing solar panels and wind farms which chop up birds is a moral imperative! How dare you question us sending your tax dollars to build more of these silly machines!
I am not necessarily against raising taxes (or closing those “loopholes”) but I view it as trying to bail water out of a boat with a screen door for a hull.
you are not against raising taxes on who??

be specific...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#3827 Nov 29, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all the wealthy folks, might have questionable investments...
i guess that is true across the spectrum of life.
But Is warren buffet really Anti american??
and anti capitalist??
were talking about a huge software mogul.... who has made billions and paid taxes and donated LOTs of money...
Are you freaking stupid? You have Buffet mixed up with Bill gates you moron. Buffet has created nothing, he is an investor. It was Gates that was the software "mogul". lol....are u still stoned? Give it a rest.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3828 Nov 29, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all the wealthy folks, might have questionable investments...
i guess that is true across the spectrum of life.
But Is warren buffet really Anti american??
and anti capitalist??
were talking about a huge software mogul.... who has made billions and paid taxes and donated LOTs of money...
is that why he is anti-american?? because he is generous and doesnt mind paying a little more in taxes??
he is a billionaire, not joseph stalin...
I think youre being more than a little hysterical, again?
Warren Buffet invests in old stable companies like Gillette and Coca Cola. Then he sells options to stupid people and makes a huge fortune.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#3829 Nov 30, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all the wealthy folks, might have questionable investments...
i guess that is true across the spectrum of life.
But Is warren buffet really Anti american??
and anti capitalist??
were talking about a huge software mogul.... who has made billions and paid taxes and donated LOTs of money...
is that why he is anti-american?? because he is generous and doesnt mind paying a little more in taxes??
he is a billionaire, not joseph stalin...
I think youre being more than a little hysterical, again?
He doesn’t support stupid tea bagger ideas, that makes him the enemy.

if he was saying something else they would be singing his praises

all political, no actual thought goes into it.
Foresake

Azusa, CA

#3831 Nov 30, 2012
This will or could end in a stalemate, until more states allow gay marriage, then it will reAddressed.

Of course this will give those gay bashers more time to gather their things and move away to an island.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#3832 Nov 30, 2012
Foresake wrote:
This will or could end in a stalemate, until more states allow gay marriage, then it will reAddressed.
Of course this will give those gay bashers more time to gather their things and move away to an island.
Most major islands accept gay marriage

I laughed so hard when some very right wing friends of mine talked about moving to Australia, until I mentioned the atheist PM and universal health care. The look on their faces, you would think I told them Santa didn’t exist.
Majors

Azusa, CA

#3833 Nov 30, 2012
This will or could end in a stalemate, until more states allow gay marriage, then it will be reAddressed.

Of course this will give those gay bashers more time to gather their things and move away to an island. Most major islands accept gay marriage.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#3834 Nov 30, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn’t support stupid tea bagger ideas, that makes him the enemy.
if he was saying something else they would be singing his praises
all political, no actual thought goes into it.
seriously huh!!

the tea party also thinks they won the last election...

no actual thought processes going on there either.

they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO orthodox.

politics, is the art of compromise, to conduct and conclude the peoples business..

america just voted to raise taxes about 3-4 % on the wealthy.

and the tea baggers are screaming and kicking, like were shoving bolshevism down their throats...

the wealthy DID JUST FINE in the 90's.

corporate profits are now in record territory....with employment stagnating...

after 10 years of constant non-stop partyin???

it is time to clean up the empties and head to the recycling center(so to speak)
Concrete

Azusa, CA

#3835 Nov 30, 2012
Tea Party members, tea baggers need to get the latest fashion trend concrete shoes. And wear them swimming.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 68,960
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 200,577
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 12 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 19 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 21 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••