Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
Fox is the most trusted TV news source for 34% of voters, followed by PBS at 17%, CNN at 12%, ABC News at 11%, CBS News at 8%, MSNBC at 5%, and Comedy Central and NBC each at 4%. Sixty-eight percent of Republicans pick Fox as their most trusted source, with no one else even hitting double digits. Democrats split closely three ways with PBS at 21%, ABC News at 19%, and CNN at 17%. Despite having a reputation for appealing to the left MSNBC actually polls in only 6th place among Democrats at 8%, finishing slightly behind even Fox News' 9%. Independents split almost evenly between Fox News (29%) and PBS (27%).
study your own post...it will tell you alot about political demographics in the country.

if faux news was the most trusted name in news??

the wed all be screwed badly....
as it is, they have about 3-4 million steady veiwers...

by contrast....mitt romney recieved 59 million votes.

that means roughly 55 million rethugs DONT watch faux news...

facts never seem to bear out your arguements..

but thanks for the numbers anyways!!

ps;reichardo i already knew that less than a million people tune into MSNBC.....betwteen 1 and 1.5 percent of those who voted for another term for Obama..

if they are supposed to be a camapaign mechanism for the demz??

they need to get their S%%t together....

I think liberals just have other things to do....like work.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
In March 1977, Zahir Muhsein, an executive member of the Palestinian
Liberation Organization (PLO), said in an interview to the Dutch
Newspaper Trouw: "The 'Palestinian people' does not exist.
The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for
Continuing our struggle against The State of Israel."
They DON't want a "state", they want Jews destroyed and they want Israel.
No they want a state....

wouldnt you??

I know I would.

their misery revolves around poor economics....

you cant even really have fully functioning economy, without being recognized by your neighbors as states...

if they stopped fighting, these two nationsw could be of great benefit to each other...

but meanwhile we have a&&holes like you, who try to paint the average palastinian as a militant.

the numbers, again, dont bear you out.

palastine was never given the option for a state.

..you lie.....

they took what they wanted...

and keep the palastinians in a ghetto, much like warsaw...
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
In March 1977, Zahir Muhsein, an executive member of the Palestinian
Liberation Organization (PLO), said in an interview to the Dutch
Newspaper Trouw: "The 'Palestinian people' does not exist.
The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for
Continuing our struggle against The State of Israel."
They DON't want a "state", they want Jews destroyed and they want Israel.
I see?? so you being a recih winger, you ingore everybody but those who speak your language, like your friend zahir..

why is he your friend?? because you both obviously want war to continue forever.....when peace is possibe...

those on both sides of the arguement(like you) who call for extermination, are a scant minority...

get a life...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
No they want a state....
wouldnt you??
I know I would.
They don't you babbling idiot. Study some history, it's not about what you or me want. They want Jews dead, they Want Jerusalem. Palestinians don't want to see peace , for political purposes, they are committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

anderson you really need to read up before you spit your stupidity. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Articles/Mi...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

During World War II the Arabs of Palestine supported the Nazis over the British by a margin of 10 to 1, while the Jews supported the Allies. The Palestinian spiritual leader actually spent the war years in Berlin, where he worked directly with Hitler in drawing up a "final solution" for the Jews of the Middle East.

After the war and Nazi holocaust, the UN drew up a partition plan for the Palestinian region that would have created a State of Israel for 600,000 Jews in borders somewhat smaller than what the current nation now occupies. Although the resolution passed, the compromise was rejected by the Palestinian Arabs and the surrounding Arab States.

In a badly coordinated effort, five Arab countries proceeded to attack the fledgling nation and waged a war lasting from the end of 1947 to the spring of 1949. Each of the Arab states was primarily interested in gaining land for itself rather than cooperating strategically with the others. Certainly there was no real interest at the time in forming an independent Palestinian nation. This, combined with superior organizational and military skills on the part of the Jewish fighters, meant an Israeli victory despite being severely outnumbered by 40 million Arabs.

go to the site and read on, educate yourself.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The fact that the Palestinians elected a terrorist group to power only months after Israel unilaterally turned the Gaza strip over to them speaks volumes about the mindset of the people. Although it is popular to use terms like "cycle of violence" to imply moral equivalence between the two parties, there is no real similarity in the way that the two sides approach the conflict today.

Peace requires the commitment of both parties. Agreements aren't possible when one side promotes terror and consistently fails to keep its word. Peace will only happen when the Palestinians value their children's future more than their own grievances.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>not if we have to sacrifice clean air and use child labor. Did you give up on Democracy? Notice I'm not playing your childish name calling, I hope it makes you feel better. Are you mad bro?
Finally. Now you sound like a rational person again. I also agree with your last post. Think about it. Leviticus was the equivalent of Sharia Law. Jesus turned it on it's nose. They had religious leaders who could execute people for violation of the religious law just as Islamics do today. They also had extreme, tyrannical governments just like in the Middle East today. Just as Jesus represented a dynamic revolutionary force for change, the same thing is about to happen soon. The various forces are hanging on and becoming more and more repressive but change is underway and there is nothing they can do to stop it. Change is called modernization.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
The fact that the Palestinians elected a terrorist group to power only months after Israel unilaterally turned the Gaza strip over to them speaks volumes about the mindset of the people. Although it is popular to use terms like "cycle of violence" to imply moral equivalence between the two parties, there is no real similarity in the way that the two sides approach the conflict today.
Peace requires the commitment of both parties. Agreements aren't possible when one side promotes terror and consistently fails to keep its word. Peace will only happen when the Palestinians value their children's future more than their own grievances.
Agree.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
During World War II the Arabs of Palestine supported the Nazis over the British by a margin of 10 to 1, while the Jews supported the Allies. The Palestinian spiritual leader actually spent the war years in Berlin, where he worked directly with Hitler in drawing up a "final solution" for the Jews of the Middle East.
After the war and Nazi holocaust, the UN drew up a partition plan for the Palestinian region that would have created a State of Israel for 600,000 Jews in borders somewhat smaller than what the current nation now occupies. Although the resolution passed, the compromise was rejected by the Palestinian Arabs and the surrounding Arab States.
In a badly coordinated effort, five Arab countries proceeded to attack the fledgling nation and waged a war lasting from the end of 1947 to the spring of 1949. Each of the Arab states was primarily interested in gaining land for itself rather than cooperating strategically with the others. Certainly there was no real interest at the time in forming an independent Palestinian nation. This, combined with superior organizational and military skills on the part of the Jewish fighters, meant an Israeli victory despite being severely outnumbered by 40 million Arabs.
go to the site and read on, educate yourself.
that is rather myopic history??

you forgot WW1 and the part where the british conquered palastine....

then decided after realizing they had gotten themsleves in WAY to deep....to partion....just after ww2. how conveinient...they should have chossen nevada for the jews instead.

and what would you have said if you were the palastinians??

I know you wont answer that one, so ill answer it for you...

you would fight...

and if they gave you a peice of paper to sign youd spit on it..

the same way if were the reverse...

just put yourself in other people shoes...

im not advocating that history be changed... but negociations and a road to peace are better than the vitriol that you spew daily about muslims and arabs...

do you think your doing anybody any good??
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally. Now you sound like a rational person again. I also agree with your last post. Think about it. Leviticus was the equivalent of Sharia Law. Jesus turned it on it's nose. They had religious leaders who could execute people for violation of the religious law just as Islamics do today. They also had extreme, tyrannical governments just like in the Middle East today. Just as Jesus represented a dynamic revolutionary force for change, the same thing is about to happen soon. The various forces are hanging on and becoming more and more repressive but change is underway and there is nothing they can do to stop it. Change is called modernization.
as much as I agree with you that some parts of islamic culture are archaic....especially when it comes to religion.

but they had a golden age, a sort of renesance before our own....in the 11th-12 centuries..

when art music and technological achievemnet were flourishing.

but then came the fundamentalists to ruin everything....

they always do...

I agreew ith you about progess and further enlightenment...

as each age has been slightly more self concious and enlightened than the previous one...

2012 was a big turning point for american politics...

the forces of corporate (feudal) america spent a billion dollars trying to elect romney on the cittizens united decision....and got their asses whupped..

I hope more people will participate in the future...

for the fuedal?? it was futile..

they did just fine in the 90's....so they can pay 1.6 trillion a year in OLd/new taxes to put back some of what they stole during the bush years..
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
you just described the israelis to a tee.....

a two state solution is the only way....

drop the arab hatred and get on board/.??

it is blinding you to any solutions

seriously, do YOU EVEN have a solution??

other than spewing hate on topix.net ??

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

They don't want a state, can't u get it? what we want is not what they want.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
They don't want a state, can't u get it? what we want is not what they want.
because you and the reich wing said so??

you guys are typically war mongers and hawks....and typically wrong......just look at iraq?

so your opinions (on matters of war) is quite lessened with those of us who have been witnessing your war mongering on the palastinians for years?/

how else would the Us marines have ended up in beruit in 82??

from support by people like you...

that didnt end so well.

Im suprised you havnt dug up some fake rightwing(paid for by the church) hate agiprop to confirm that falicy of yours??

just because the leaders of israel are not going to grant statehood to the palstinians(unless forced) and Hamas wants to fight on?? you cant see through that?

cant you see right though people who want to make war for their own greedy concerns??

with Hamas is it memebership....without a evil enemy to launch rockets at?? they would lose political relevance....peace always does that to war mongers....you simply cant eqaute all palastinians with hamas...

and with the israelis it is the lust for american military hardware....they cant make their region look to safe and peaceful, we might stop sending them f-18s and laser guided rockets...

the vast majority of working class folks on both sides, want peace.....and many of them realize that the path to that is through statehood??

I know 1000 rockets reining down on my region would inspire negociations, not 33 fold retribution...

.....and your proposal is to ghettoize them permanently??

how 3rd reichardo of you..
LegUp

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Ya got ta get a leg up on these election issues.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Ok Mr Anderson

a question

What should a country do when a neighboring country starts firing warhead rockets into their civilian areas?

What would we do if Mexico or Canada started doing that?

What should Israelís response be? What would our response be? Or an even closer analogy, what should our response be if American Indians started firing missiles from a reservation into population centers?

Civilians die in war, we know why Hamas is asking for a war, but why should we listen when they complain about the consequences of war that they ask for?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I should correct that last, those of use that do not live in the Faux bubble know what Hamas is fighting for.
LegUp

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Neither on will do this time.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Big D wrote:
Ok Mr Anderson
a question
What should a country do when a neighboring country starts firing warhead rockets into their civilian areas?
What would we do if Mexico or Canada started doing that?
What should Israelís response be? What would our response be? Or an even closer analogy, what should our response be if American Indians started firing missiles from a reservation into population centers?
Civilians die in war, we know why Hamas is asking for a war, but why should we listen when they complain about the consequences of war that they ask for?
I dont think is said anything in support of hamas or them launching rockets??

mabey you could check??

they are a terrorist organization, just like the israeli governemnt is ...

Ive just been drilling reichardo, bercause he is so convinced EVERYBODY over thereant to kill each other....

when I stand firm on the conviction that those PEOPLE are in a minority.....

unfortunately, those in power are hateful and vengeful...

your other analogies arnt really relevant...because the israeli palastinian situation is very unique onto itself.

apples and oranges as they say....

how do we react to terrorist??

not with overwhelming force, leveling the entire neighborhood they were operating in...

the israelis have superior ground intell to any other power in the region..

..except in gaza I guess< where they like to blow up whole blocks of houses, houses of ANYONE who even let a suspected terrorist into their home??

is this really fair??

no it isnt...

terror attacks must be dealt with carefully, when it is a superior power that gets attacked...

...otherwise we end up witn as situation like iraq, where our miltary is being used as a first stricke instead of what it IS supposed to be used for, which is a last resort.

terrorists on both sides hide among the people, so the trick is to get them WITHOUT leveling entire neighborhoods..
that is what continues the cycle of vengence..

i hope ive answered your question..
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Big D wrote:
I should correct that last, those of use that do not live in the Faux bubble know what Hamas is fighting for.
sure I know what hamas is fighting for.....

and I dont agree with it..

the same thing that reichardo and natenyahoooo... are fighting for...

a final solution.....and not the good kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,916
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Pea solved 200,564
clint 12 hr ubietron 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr Donny B 7,922
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
clint Tue ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Tue roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••