|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Don't be STUPID like Iowa an Texas:

(stupid) Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz like (stupid) Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, threatened Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.

Election observers with be arrest if they came within 300 feet of a polling place’s entrance, in violation of state law.(In Texas, it’s 100 feet.)

Look at the Republican tea bagges, these people might have Diplomatic Imunity?
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah. So much hot air coming from you.
they dont seem to have any real talking points tognite...

they are all very disappointed that the news cycle has moved on past mitt romney, and is now focused on the disaster on the east coast....

and rightfully so...

now Obama is in the spot light looking presidential

from now until it is time to re-elct obama on tuesday.

this strom puts infrastructure rebuilding front and center...

something the rethuglicans are really really weak on.

meanhwile romney/ryan have quadrupled down on the lie that Obama took GM into bankruptcy???

the ceo's of chrysler and GM have come out and denouced the romney ads as totally false....they must fell really really stupid, and really desperate, trying to hail mary like this in the 4th quarter...
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>For a day or 2? Did you ever see a lot of photo's? I remember all the bridges were destroyed by Clinton. I never did. I guess by the time the news hits California, it's not interesting anymore.
the more liberal the Tv market??

the more front and center news on a war is...

they just twist it a certain way for their liberal audience...

you live in the sacremento area.......not so liberal...

they tend to keep coverage to a minimum...

and focus on white trash crime....like they do here in the redding area.
Droids

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Droids are everywhere today.

Since: Nov 12

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Chris Crisped Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree when there is a crime here, they will only show the photo's and description if they are white, and I know where u are coming from if u are from that racist area of redding.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know? Should we have surrendered to them? Maybe we should have surrendered after they bombed us.
They were finished. The fact is Japan's primary reason for being in the war was to secure resources from abroad. They were tapped out. No more ships, no more navy, no more airplanes, no fuel, and little food. What was Japan going to do?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Chris Crisped Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they cater to white trash. Who watches that stuff?
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
They were finished. The fact is Japan's primary reason for being in the war was to secure resources from abroad. They were tapped out. No more ships, no more navy, no more airplanes, no fuel, and little food. What was Japan going to do?
In 1971, South African author Laurens Van Der Post put it between covers of a thin book entitled “The Prisoner and the Bomb.” Van Der Post spent the war as a prisoner of the Japanese in a concentration camp in what had been the Dutch East Indies, now Indonesia. He spoke fluent Japanese.
Suicidal warfare did not begin with Islamic extremism. Remember the kamikaze pilots, trained to fly their planes right into American ships? The Japanese people were perfectly willing to die, down to the last one, for the emperor. Being overpowered by a new weapon was not why Japan surrendered immediately after the two bombs.
Van Der Post tells us that the revolutionary nature of the A-bomb was interpreted by the Japanese as the “Flash from Heaven” that released them from their obligation to die for the emperor and enabled them to surrender.
at the end, the Japanese held over 95 percent of everything they’d conquered: a huge hunk of China, all of Manchuria and Korea, Indonesia, Malaya, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong; they’d only lost a few islands to American invasion. Across that vast empire there were hundreds of Japanese prison camps with millions of prisoners enduring treatment that rivaled the Holocaust.
Van Der Post estimated that, if the war had lasted only another six weeks, more lives would have been lost in those prison camps through starvation, disease and cruelty than were lost to the atomic bombing. Despite Japan’s dire situation, if their “suicide” mindset had remained intact, it would have taken much longer than six weeks to end it.
The liberal view is not always correct.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

You need to watch your labeling

I am a liberal

Truman did the right thing dropping the bomb, both times.

Saved countless lives on both sides.
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree when there is a crime here, they will only show the photo's and description if they are white, and I know where u are coming from if u are from that racist area of redding.
you know pretty well where im from.... and it is not redding.

I just shop there.

redding does however have a huge crime problem for the size city it is....
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>In 1971, South African author Laurens Van Der Post put it between covers of a thin book entitled “The Prisoner and the Bomb.” Van Der Post spent the war as a prisoner of the Japanese in a concentration camp in what had been the Dutch East Indies, now Indonesia. He spoke fluent Japanese.
Suicidal warfare did not begin with Islamic extremism. Remember the kamikaze pilots, trained to fly their planes right into American ships? The Japanese people were perfectly willing to die, down to the last one, for the emperor. Being overpowered by a new weapon was not why Japan surrendered immediately after the two bombs.
Van Der Post tells us that the revolutionary nature of the A-bomb was interpreted by the Japanese as the “Flash from Heaven” that released them from their obligation to die for the emperor and enabled them to surrender.
at the end, the Japanese held over 95 percent of everything they’d conquered: a huge hunk of China, all of Manchuria and Korea, Indonesia, Malaya, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong; they’d only lost a few islands to American invasion. Across that vast empire there were hundreds of Japanese prison camps with millions of prisoners enduring treatment that rivaled the Holocaust.
Van Der Post estimated that, if the war had lasted only another six weeks, more lives would have been lost in those prison camps through starvation, disease and cruelty than were lost to the atomic bombing. Despite Japan’s dire situation, if their “suicide” mindset had remained intact, it would have taken much longer than six weeks to end it.
The liberal view is not always correct.
you need to get a little more insight into the politcal spectrum.

and who it is you are in bed with politically..

many liberals think trumans decision was right.

you are on the very same side of this issue with SOOOOOOOOOO>>>> many east coast liberals, it might keep you up at night!

it is lefties like me that dont agree.....
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
i try to point that out to these war mongers??

but it is useless..

tokyo/yokahama was already pretty well firebombed into oblivion by august 1945.

decimated wouldnt be a very apt word....
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they cater to white trash. Who watches that stuff?
white trash of course!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Chris Crisped Me wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to get a little more insight into the politcal spectrum.
and who it is you are in bed with politically..
many liberals think trumans decision was right.
you are on the very same side of this issue with SOOOOOOOOOO>>>> many east coast liberals, it might keep you up at night!
it is lefties like me that dont agree.....
The problem is, people that get their opinions from say.. radio personalities for example have everything divided black and white for them... all liberals are for this etc

The world isn’t anything like that, so they have a distorted view from the get go.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Chris Crisped Me wrote:
<quoted text>
i try to point that out to these war mongers??
but it is useless..
tokyo/yokahama was already pretty well firebombed into oblivion by august 1945.
decimated wouldnt be a very apt word....
I am not what you would call a war monger, I think our invasion of Iraq was a travesty of almost unprecedented proportions, going to war over something that wasn’t even true. How many times has our nation gone to war over a lie?( I can think of one other time I suppose )

I do agree that the firebombing of Tokyo was dramatic, but you have to put yourself in that time, not this time. From that times perspective, it was appropriate. The backstabbing move against Pearl Harbor and the timing of it… made it called for, from the perspective of the times.
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Dips wrote:
Don't be STUPID like Iowa an Texas:
(stupid) Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz like (stupid) Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, threatened Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Election observers with be arrest if they came within 300 feet of a polling place’s entrance, in violation of state law.(In Texas, it’s 100 feet.)
Look at the Republican tea bagges, these people might have Diplomatic Imunity?
they should just call the cops, if someone illegally stops the voting process...
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not what you would call a war monger, I think our invasion of Iraq was a travesty of almost unprecedented proportions, going to war over something that wasn’t even true. How many times has our nation gone to war over a lie?( I can think of one other time I suppose )
I do agree that the firebombing of Tokyo was dramatic, but you have to put yourself in that time, not this time. From that times perspective, it was appropriate. The backstabbing move against Pearl Harbor and the timing of it… made it called for, from the perspective of the times.
that remark was aimed at riccardo, for his getting off on the nooking....

at least that is the way he toned it in his post....

it certainly is a good debate...

i guess harry didnt scare the russians as much as he had hoped they would, since they later challenged us with tit for TAT( short-medium range)nooookular missles, which is unacceptable for the leadership of the most powerful country....

that is the paradigm.

and kennedy cut a deal(take missles out of turkey that were already being taken out), part of that deal was not to disclose the news of that deal until later.... so kennedy AND kruschev could save face.
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

BIG D??

im glad the democrats like to cut deals on sensative foriegn policy issues!!

especially when they involve NOOOOOKULAR missles!!

as opposed to the bush dctrine..
Chris Crisped Me

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, people that get their opinions from say.. radio personalities for example have everything divided black and white for them... all liberals are for this etc
The world isn’t anything like that, so they have a distorted view from the get go.
except that we are techinically "commofacsists" "

it takes some extrodianary mental gymnastics to combine both extream ends of the poltical spectrum into one type of person.

and that type of person just happens to be anyone who doesnt agree with tea-orthodoxy 100%....otherwise?>> you get drummed out of the NEW NEW republican party!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••