Three arrested in drug bust in Seaside

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Two suspected drug dealers and another man were arrested Wednesday after Seaside police with the help of the Monterey Peninsula regional SWAT team served a narcotics search warrant, police said.
Comments
41 - 60 of 60 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Elizabeth Baez

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

David Vake is not at all a gang member. I know him personally and he is a great husband, he is a wonderful father and a family man.
I live with him

Pacific Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Thank you Liz finally some truth on this article!
Eulalia Singleton

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

First of all Monterey County Herald, get your story straight. Second of all David Vake is NOT, I repeat NOT a convicted felon, or a gang member for that matter. He is innocent until proven guilty. He may have been under arrest but for you to take a one man's oppinion of another man and print it as the truth is WRONG.
There has to be some type of law against newspaper's posting half the story! I will be investing in a lawer for the Vake Family, and seeking out punitive damages against The Monterey County Hearld for defamation of character!

What Are Defamation, Libel and Slander?
Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Typically, the elements of a cause of action for defamation include:

1.A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
2.The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (that is, somebody other than the person defamed by the statement);
3.If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
4.Damage to the plaintiff.
In the context of defamation law, a statement is "published" when it is made to the third party. That term does not mean that the statement has to be in print.

Damages are typically to the reputation of the plaintiff, but depending upon the laws of the jurisdiction it may be enough to establish mental anguish.

Most jurisdictions also recognize "per se" defamation, where the allegations are presumed to cause damage to the plaintiff. Typically, the following may consititute defamation per se:

•Attacks on a person's professional character or standing;
•Allegations that an unmarried person is unchaste;
•Allegations that a person is infected with a sexually transmitted disease;
•Allegations that the person has committed a crime of moral turpitude;
So get your story STRAIGHT!
Eulalia Singleton

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

focus wrote:
Crack baby? Over a pound of weed, a rifle, ammunition and crack. Not a big deal to you because it is not happening right next to you. The drugs provide the funding for additional crimes. Would you have been happier if the cops were just driving around?? Probably.
One rock of cocaine is enough to destroy a life. Maybe you are ok with crack use and sales.
I'm not saying that selling drugs is the right thing to do, but lets not forget that this county was founded on drugs, ROCKERFELLER! OOPS, I guess as long as its WHITE IT'S ALRIGHT, HUH? Makes you wonder, Cocaine cowboys in Miami were also WHITE, Studio 54 guess what? Yup, you got it, WHITE!
TERESA VAKE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

FREE DAVID VAKE!
Tongan taxpayer

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Beto wrote:
<quoted text>TEHRAN (Reuters) Iran has executed eight convicted drug smugglers and four kidnappers in the past week, state media reported on Saturday. Thats what we need here
Beto you cast the first stone you're without sin lol
KJES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

my cousin David Vake is NOT a gangmember. & screw anyone who has something negative to say about my family on here because you do not know him, us or the real story. this is only what the media is feeding you. its called propaganda. & as for all that racism on here - you people sound so ignorant because there are people of every race behind bars.
Shanise Vake

Pacific Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Tongan taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Beto you cast the first stone you're without sin lol
AAAAAmen
Shanise Vake

Pacific Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

I can not believe the odassidy some of you have hiding behind a message board voicing your opinion of what should happen to one man pointing fingers and JUDGING like you have the right I'm positive you same people either commit crimes or your close family or friends have. Nobody is perfect EVERYBODY will make misteaks, the only thing that matters is if you learn from them. My HUSBAND will hold his head up high through this whole thing I speak for the whole Vake family and etended family when I say we are not proud of the actions he did but we accept him n love him for who he is and NOT for what he does and we will support him through thick and thin. Thank you to all the family and friends supporting us and speking against all these negative comments and allegations and I will pray for all thoes who think they are so above him and his actions, thoes who are speaking like they know him and the details of this case.
USC POLY TROJAN

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

i am a student down south...i came home for the holidays and saw this!!!I know this family,I know that they are not part of any gang....The vake family has the right to keep their business private.Yes,they have done wrong but if you really knew them,you would understand that half of what this article said is false.I know vita vake,and I know he has a family.....so why put them thru this,by telling the world on a mistake that CAN be fixed.Their is a little girl who probably misses her dad,and with this article your sending the WRONG message to her about her own FATHER.take this into consideration.....Vake family my prayers are always with you.
Wow

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

This is crazy.....
Yessiiiirrrr

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Free deem polyz
free willy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Let them all go - Seaside deserves what it gets.
Yessiiiirrrr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Wow
Mayor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

I agree...That man should be behind bars....
These men are giving OUR kids examples that selling drugs or doing drugs are great.my kids go to pacific groove high school,seaside is just too scary.with drug dealers like this in the streets they need to be TAKEN off our streets and into jail.I'm sorry for this family but not admitting to the fact that David and his friend were found with drugs are a reason for him being arrested.I hope this is something that will open your eyes,cause these young men need to straightened their lives out.
Holly Berry

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Judged:

Mayor wrote:
These men are giving OUR kids examples that selling drugs or doing drugs are great.my kids go to pacific groove high school,seaside is just too scary.with drug dealers like this in the streets they need to be TAKEN off our streets and into jail.I'm sorry for this family but not admitting to the fact that David and his friend were found with drugs are a reason for him being arrested.I hope this is something that will open your eyes,cause these young men need to straightened their lives out.
And you seem to think that Pacific Grove is without people selling drugs there? Are you kidding me? Oh, that's right.. those high school kids drive over to Seaside in their Mom's Mercedes, MGB's,and Escalades and buy their dope there all hours of the day & night. I have even seen older people with business signs on their vehicles buying drugs in Seaside, but I have also seen them buying in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Marina and even across the street from an elementary school. It's everywhere.
YGBSM2

Greenfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Mayor wrote:
R U saying that kids in PG HS are not doing drugs? Or that there are no drug dealers in PG's streets? Are you aware of the pot bust that took place ON THE CAMPUS last year?
Just

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Let them go
Mayor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I am aware of all the drug busts in Carmel and pg but I also know the parents who have helped these teens to learn what will happen if they keep going on this path.when you commit a crime,you are obligated to receive your responsibility.this man obviously knew what he was getting into the min he carried drugs....TIME BEHIND BARS.It isn't the police fault because they are cleaning our streets and making it safer.
Native of seaside

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

This guy has never had a job...sells drugs and has been arrested on domestic abuse. He is going no where in life. He wont stop with his criminal actions until he hears 24 years to life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••