Three arrested in drug bust in Seaside

Two suspected drug dealers and another man were arrested Wednesday after Seaside police with the help of the Monterey Peninsula regional SWAT team served a narcotics search warrant, police said. Full Story
Salinas witness

Salinas, CA

#23 Dec 30, 2010
Mr boy , I think you fail to see the point. If you live in a latino community of course crime is going to involve Latinos just like in a all white neighborhood crime would of course be commited by guess who? Thats right a white person. Im not sure if you seen the news today but Los Angeles has had a drop in crime rate and it will be its lowest since 1967. Keep in mind that Latinos have become the majority in that city now. So your logic about Latinos being nothing but criminals kinda seems dumb now right? you just focus on the bad apples that the city of Salinas has allowed to get out of control and assume that because here in Salinas Latinos are commiting crimes then ALL Latinos must be hell bent on destroying America. So no that does not make sense to me. oh and by the way thanks for proving my point about ignorance on this subject since you fail to notice that its not just Mexicans living in Salinas. theres also large communities here of people from El Salvador, Guatemala and Chile to name a few. but notice how the word Mexican is the only one you like to bring up. Another racist hiding under the American flag. You make the rest of us real Americans look bad.
focus

Pacific Grove, CA

#24 Dec 30, 2010
Crack baby? Over a pound of weed, a rifle, ammunition and crack. Not a big deal to you because it is not happening right next to you. The drugs provide the funding for additional crimes. Would you have been happier if the cops were just driving around?? Probably.
One rock of cocaine is enough to destroy a life. Maybe you are ok with crack use and sales.
MoCo Girl

AOL

#25 Dec 30, 2010
Salinas witness wrote:
Mr boy , I think you fail to see the point. If you live in a latino community of course crime is going to involve Latinos just like in a all white neighborhood crime would of course be commited by guess who? Thats right a white person. Im not sure if you seen the news today but Los Angeles has had a drop in crime rate and it will be its lowest since 1967. Keep in mind that Latinos have become the majority in that city now. So your logic about Latinos being nothing but criminals kinda seems dumb now right? you just focus on the bad apples that the city of Salinas has allowed to get out of control and assume that because here in Salinas Latinos are commiting crimes then ALL Latinos must be hell bent on destroying America. So no that does not make sense to me. oh and by the way thanks for proving my point about ignorance on this subject since you fail to notice that its not just Mexicans living in Salinas. theres also large communities here of people from El Salvador, Guatemala and Chile to name a few. but notice how the word Mexican is the only one you like to bring up. Another racist hiding under the American flag. You make the rest of us real Americans look bad.
Population of Salinas is 151,000.

96,000 Mexicans, 10,000, OTM Hispanics, a mix of 10,000 Asians/Blacks/American Indians etc., and 35,000 whites.

By far, the Mexican community dwarfs the other races/nationalities.

Until the "Mexican" community takes a stand against crime within the people of their own community, Salinas will continue to be the lawless ghetto that it is.

The Mexican people are solely responsible for the negative reputation they have created for themselves as whole, so to speak.
Seaside resident

United States

#26 Dec 30, 2010
I've been living in seaside for over 25yrs now and it was so much worse in the 80s and early 90s when Latinos where only a handful and most of the crimes where being committed by blacks ad whites but Im not ignornant and quick to blame every black and white person like some of you are quick to blame one race for sone stupid criminals
MoCo Girl

AOL

#27 Dec 30, 2010
Seaside resident wrote:
I've been living in seaside for over 25yrs now and it was so much worse in the 80s and early 90s when Latinos where only a handful and most of the crimes where being committed by blacks ad whites but Im not ignornant and quick to blame every black and white person like some of you are quick to blame one race for sone stupid criminals
That's the problem with Mexicans, a handful of legal Mexicans in a community don't really create significant crime issues.

But a handful of illegal Mexican Norteno's here, and a handful of illegal Mexican Sureno's there, living within the same city ends up causing nothing but chaos, crime, and grief. It's a turf war drug war thing. And if the city ignores it, the situation just grows like a festering malignant cancer. All one has to do is take a good look at Salinas. It's the epitomy of the results of a pro-illegal sanctuary city that has been allowed to be invaded, colonized, and litterally taken over by illegal criminal Mexicans and their anchor baby criminal gang bangers.

It's not a racist thing to be truthful even if it hurts your feelings.

Hold judgement

Salinas, CA

#29 Dec 30, 2010
Let's give new Mayor Bachofner a chance to clean up the city. One of the issues he has promised to address is the violation of housing occupancy codes. If Seaside will enforce these codes so that 15 people aren't living in a small house, in the modified garages, in tents and sheds in the backyards, etc., this will help to decrease the overcrowdedness. With no place to live, they will leave. And we all know what race tends to live in this manner. I need not cite it.
Central Coast Girl

AOL

#30 Dec 30, 2010
Hold judgement wrote:
Let's give new Mayor Bachofner a chance to clean up the city. One of the issues he has promised to address is the violation of housing occupancy codes. If Seaside will enforce these codes so that 15 people aren't living in a small house, in the modified garages, in tents and sheds in the backyards, etc., this will help to decrease the overcrowdedness. With no place to live, they will leave. And we all know what race tends to live in this manner. I need not cite it.
Hope he follows through on his promise.

That's a huge problem Salinas has. Donohue, the Mayor, and the City Council intentionally ignore enforcing city rules/laws/codes. East Salinas seems like it should be renamed "Blightsville", CA.

I realize they cater to illegals for the cheap ag. labor they provide, however, to knowingly and intentionally allow the widespread blight and crime, and therefore, the lack of public safety that comes along with the cheap illegal ag. labor is not any way for elected city officials with any sense of integrity at all to run a city.

IMO, their greed for cheap labor out weighs their desire to clean the city up and abolish the gang crime.

When Salinas fills up, people from Salinas will be spreading out. It's happening now.
seven

Monterey, CA

#31 Dec 30, 2010
fedup1947 wrote:
send all the slime balls back to the mother cuntry
i guess youll be going back to were you came from...... under a rock
native

United States

#32 Dec 30, 2010
Crack Baby wrote:
Oh man, I feel safer...two WHOLE grams of coke and a little weed were confiscated?...so how much did that cost the city?...such a waste of funds and energy...
ha ha..@crack baby.. Police departments don't operate on a catch and release system.. ie if the catch is too small, just throw it back... ha ha..
Local

Salinas, CA

#33 Dec 30, 2010
You got that right Central Coast Girl. Hopefully come spring I will be leaving "Salas". Live in the Alisal and it is worse than many realize. Salinas code enforcement is a total joke.They use the excuse "understaffed" They all have blinders on.
Call and seldom a response, if they do respond they drive by other obvious violations and go on their merry way [to the bank-they are paid quite well.]Often they pass the buck by saying "that is not our responsibility, call another agency. Salinas is nothing but an AG town, always will/has been. But it could be a heck of a lot better if city employees did more than get their paychecks only.
Hank

Salinas, CA

#34 Dec 30, 2010
Hold judgement wrote:
Bachofner has been quick to give his comments on other issues....why not this? I want to know what the mayor thinks about the Seaside's gang, drug and gun problems. Let him take a stand!

And to comment on your opinion, I really doubt the majority of people living in garages and tents are carrying assualt rifles and selling crack!
Local

Salinas, CA

#35 Dec 30, 2010
"And to comment on your opinion, I really doubt the majority of people living in garages and tents are carrying assualt rifles and selling crack"

True genius.--- That statement was a real hoot to me.The laugh of the day award goes to----------

You must admit living in garages is unsafe,unsanitary and unlawful yet is widespread through out the county. I agree on waiting to see if the mayor does indeed take a stand on the issue. Unlike the mayor of Salinas. Good luck on that.
Owl Eyes

Monterey, CA

#36 Dec 30, 2010
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
Bachofner has been quick to give his comments on other issues....why not this? I want to know what the mayor thinks about the Seaside's gang, drug and gun problems. Let him take a stand!
And to comment on your opinion, I really doubt the majority of people living in garages and tents are carrying assualt rifles and selling crack!
I suggest that you go to the next Seaside council meeting and ask Mayor Bachofnor what he thinks about the gang, drug and gun problems in Seaside. I do know that he does read the Monterey Herald forums, so maybe he will see the comments here and have a well thought out answer by the time the next meeting comes around.
You might want to ask him about enforcing the city codes on the single family houses that seem to house two to five or six families in them. And then there is the issue with all the sheds, garages, tents, etc... that are in the backyards of many homes in Seaside. Not only should the tenants get slapped with a big fine, but also the slum landlords who turn their heads and don't really care what goes on because they are getting the rent money and they probably don't even live in Seaside anyway. I think they have some explaining to do. I know of one tiny little house up from the Seaside City Hall that is the size of a postage stamp, but yet at least 6 to 8 people come out of there each morning, get in their cars that are taking up all the parking on Hillsdale and go off to work (I am assuming). Another question for the Mayor would be to ask what he is going to do about all the trailors parked all over Seaside that are just junking up the streets even more. You don't see a lot of this in other towns, so why do we tolerate it?
I hope the Mayor realizes it that he is going to be buried in questions for awhile. I hope he has some solutions.
Crack Baby

Monterey, CA

#38 Dec 31, 2010
A pound of weed is nothing and 2 rocks of crack don't merit a big score..but it makes the news to attempt to make us feel like something is actually being done..when it's not...somebody is making money from having illegals here, that's why it's happening..folks used to think, ah well, they're doing jobs white folks don't want...and in light of recent economics...I'm sure that's not the case anymore....
get real

Seaside, CA

#39 Dec 31, 2010
all you people blaming illegals , i have a question for you, what do you want to do about Mr.Darrell Brock, 47 of Prunedale, white guy?here's athought, I say we deport all the white people back to europe just because he is white and causing tax payers money.including my unlce Pancho who is working with a fake social security and getting taxes taken out every pay check and at the end the year he cannot file for a tax return.

screw lets deport everyone except the natives.
PG boy

Pacific Grove, CA

#40 Dec 31, 2010
To SALINAS WITNESS, I find you very silly with your homophobic pokes at other bloggers and the way you try to belittle me with your comments. What I said in my last post is true and you know it. you must be mexican and that word definitely has a negative connotation attached to it now. I don't think that mexican people are any more prone to criminal activity than any other race. What I do think is that alot of mexican parents on the peninsula are sacrificing thier children to the streets like cattle at the slaughter house. You see Mr. SALINAS WITNESS, most of the mexican illegal aliens can't compete with citizens for high paying jobs so they work two or more jobs to make ends meet. Then, the children are turned loose on the streets without the supervision that is required to minimize the risks for them. SALINAS WITNESS, this is not how traditional American families operate if they can help it. So again the mexican children are on the streets at a rate that is far higher then most other races and social classes. Again this is not racism, its reality. If you don't agree, then take a drive around in different ethnic and social class neighborhoods and it will make sense to you. Oh and you comments about how I failed to mention El Salvadorians and Chileans is hilarious. If there is more than 100 Chileans in Salinas, I will be pleasently surprised.
Justice afoa

United States

#41 Jan 1, 2011
Finally someone can clean up the streets of seaside
paper

Salinas, CA

#45 Jan 1, 2011
Thank you Seaside Police department for listening to the complaints of the neighborhood about this house and taking action to squash the illegal activities. If more Seaside citizens stand up for your neighborhood and stop sticking your heads in the sand we can rid ourselves of these low-rent criminals who are trying to ruin our town.
Beto

Salinas, CA

#46 Jan 2, 2011
something has to change wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in fair and justice, I follow the laws of the land
and so does my family!
When thugs of all color,shape and sizes commit crimes, I want them to pay for them! BUT when it's an Illegal on top of doing crimes?
then I just get plain p'd off
One can not ignore the fact of high Hispanic crime in this area
add to the fact that a lot are "unwanted guests"
then people have a right to voice their upset!!!!
TEHRAN (Reuters) Iran has executed eight convicted drug smugglers and four kidnappers in the past week, state media reported on Saturday. Thats what we need here
I live with him

Pacific Grove, CA

#47 Jan 2, 2011
First of al david is NOT a gang memeber you need to check your facts. Davids room was extended when he had a family, the wall was knocked down to expand for his family and the side not painted had been grafitied all over YEARS before any of this and not one of thoes taggings are in his handwrighting so you can print that in your nonFACT having papers and NOTHING was found in the house the news forgets to metion that everything was found in Brocc's car so maybe the officer you spoke to wasnt very reliable,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Eric 70,140
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) 9 hr loupgarous 15,725
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Tue maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance