Mass. AG argues against federal gay marriage ban

Full story: El Paso Times

The Massachusetts Attorney General has asked a judge to strike down a federal ban on gay marriage because it interferes with state's rights to define marriage.

Comments

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rod

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

sweet

Since: Dec 07

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

Why don't you actually do something of value Marcia and stop SOME OF THE CORRUPTION IN YOUR PARTY!

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

kamin wrote:
Why don't you actually do something of value Marcia and stop SOME OF THE CORRUPTION IN YOUR PARTY!
Protecting families is always of value.
Marcus

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

Jitney wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the federal gay marriage ban. We all know homosexuality does not make any sense.
If we banned everything that did not make sense you would have to leave the country.
Andrew

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

I'm glad to see at least ONE politician with the stones not to cave in to political correctness. Marriage should stay between a man and a woman, period. Don't like it, move.
Rose

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Judged:

Nobody has come up with a good argument against gay marriage.

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Judged:

Rose wrote:
Sure they have. You have failed to provide a legitimate reason to allow gay marriage because there are none. How is gay marriage a public good? Its not. Supposedly you are looking for a "good argument" against gay marriage wihout providing sufficient evidence why gay marriage should be allowed.
Re-elect NOBODY

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

Croakley is a worthless waste of taxpayers funds
The Green Fairy

Aliso Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they have. You have failed to provide a legitimate reason to allow gay marriage because there are none. How is gay marriage a public good? Its not. Supposedly you are looking for a "good argument" against gay marriage wihout providing sufficient evidence why gay marriage should be allowed.
Other Then You can't stand other people you think should miserable happy because you'll kill yourself if they do.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

The Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
Other Then You can't stand other people you think should miserable happy because you'll kill yourself if they do.
Wishful thinking on your part.
The Green Fairy

Aliso Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking on your part.
You have Been trolled back. Beside There real reason you don't want to rethink your personal beliefs even if everyone else has done so willingly.
Fool Me Once

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, if you let them get married, they will be allowed to cover their spouse/significant other with medical coverage, and remove some of the drain on social services that provide health care to the uninsured. I don't agree with homosexuality on a personal level, but making up a bunch of laws based on one's religious beliefs is the same as Sharia Law.

The reason people left England and came to what is now the United States was to escape from English law being based solely on one religion.

How does 2 guys getting married affect you negatively? They aren't passing a law saying you have to have them over for dinner. You don't want to associate with them, and they don't want to associate with you.

Let people live their lives, much in the same way that you don't like the government interfering with your lifestyle, they don't want the government interfering in theirs.

I don't support a ban on gay marriage anymore then I would support a law outlawing eating pork by a Muslim base or making cows sacred by a Hindu base. Keep your religion out of my government and your government out of my religion.
The Brady Bunch

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

kamin wrote:
It's always Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! What about Jan?
Fool Me Once

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

And that information being taught in public school has absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage. You are putting up what is known as a straw-man, you scream and shout about anyone that doesn't live life exactly how you see fit.

Homosexuality has been occurring for a long time. Banning marriage is not going to "fix" or "cure" the gay. These laws that are being pushed are merely feel good laws, that do absolutely nothing but make a certain group of people feel powerful.

Once again, I don't support a ban on gay marriage anymore then I would support a law outlawing eating pork by a Muslim base or making cows sacred by a Hindu base. Keep your religion out of my government and your government out of my religion.

Oh, and take a look at Luke 6:37 and Matthew 7:1-2. Matthew 6:5-7 may also be of interest.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Rose wrote:
That's because there are none.
Fool Me Once

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

So you don't want people flaunting their way of life in your face, and pushing their beliefs on you. However, you have no problem pushing your beliefs on them, and tell them their way of life is wrong.

/golfclap

Let people live their life.

Once again, I don't support a ban on gay marriage anymore then I would support a law outlawing eating pork by a Muslim base or making cows sacred by a Hindu base. Keep your religion out of my government and your government out of my religion.

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

JustWantAccountability wrote:
<quoted text>My father and Uncle are both doctors and they think homosexuality is a Mental illness.
Your lies and wearing thin already.
Medical professional organizations disagree. My condolences that your relatives are quacks.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Fool Me Once wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, if you let them get married, they will be allowed to cover their spouse/significant other with medical coverage, and remove some of the drain on social services that provide health care to the uninsured. I don't agree with homosexuality on a personal level, but making up a bunch of laws based on one's religious beliefs is the same as Sharia Law.
The reason people left England and came to what is now the United States was to escape from English law being based solely on one religion.
How does 2 guys getting married affect you negatively? They aren't passing a law saying you have to have them over for dinner. You don't want to associate with them, and they don't want to associate with you.
Let people live their lives, much in the same way that you don't like the government interfering with your lifestyle, they don't want the government interfering in theirs.
I don't support a ban on gay marriage anymore then I would support a law outlawing eating pork by a Muslim base or making cows sacred by a Hindu base. Keep your religion out of my government and your government out of my religion.
You oversimplify, my friend. I don't need the government, Hollywood, or local school boards telling me or those who oppose homosexual behavior how to treat gays. There is no logic to homosexuality and opposition to homosexual behavior is not about religion.
Bagdad Harry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly and illogical argument.
Allowing gay couples to LEGALLY marry isn't going to change what is taught in schools one iota. The things you fear, like inclusion and anti-discrimination will be taught in schools regardless.
And requiring gay couples to remain without legal recognition isn't going to stop them from marrying, forming families, and sitting RIGHT NEXT TO YOU at the PTO meetings.
Your kids have gay friends, gay teachers, and there are gay perents helping out the the hot dog stand at the school festival, and going on field trips with YOUR kids.
Deal with it.
Tell it to the father in Lexington
http://www.article8.org/docs/news_events/park...
just me

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the father in Lexington
http://www.article8.org/docs/news_events/park...
GREAT story, thanks for posting link

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance