Montecito fire burns dozens of homes

Montecito fire burns dozens of homes

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Montecito fire burns dozens of homes. In it, Newsday reports that:

Reporting from Montecito - A fast-moving brush fire driven by 60- to 70-mph winds erupted tonight in the hills above Montecito in Santa Barbara County, burning at least 300 acres and forcing evacuations of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

THE FRITO BANDITO

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 14, 2008
What's with these fires? Every year and still the people rebuild and the insurance companies still pay. Must be some premiums? I guess they will want the gov't to bail them out too along with the insurance companies. If they are in a constant fire zone then don't let them build there again. Use your heads..
Sparky

Morris Plains, NJ

#2 Nov 14, 2008
THE FRITO BANDITO wrote:
What's with these fires? Every year and still the people rebuild and the insurance companies still pay. Must be some premiums? I guess they will want the gov't to bail them out too along with the insurance companies. If they are in a constant fire zone then don't let them build there again. Use your heads..
Your second job is that of a genius, correct?
Kris

United States

#3 Nov 15, 2008
Can anyone tell me whether Ojai is in danger from the fires? If so, is there a time forcast for evacuation? I'm not asking for clairvoyance, it's just that the national fire coverage provides little detail and I'm not familiar with the Ojai area. Thanks so much.
Tappy

Penn Valley, CA

#4 Nov 15, 2008
THE FRITO BANDITO wrote:
LOL, yeah... let's set some of the most prime real estate in the country on the "no build" list because there is a fire every 30 years that burns down 1% of the houses. Great idea... LOL!

While we're at it let's put the entire southen part of the United States in that same category.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montecito Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Most fire evacuations lifted near S... Jun 23 katybirdhudson 1
City Bans Beloved Parking Garage Guitarist Jun 10 israel suckz 2
NO! To Imported Homeless in Village Jun 10 israel suckz 4
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May '16 damndude 85
News Menelli Trading Company Begins 'Meet the Artist... May '16 Miles Carroll 1
News The Latest: Company faces felonies in Californi... May '16 Leann 1
News By Katy Murphy, [email protected] May '16 Janet 1

Montecito Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montecito Mortgages