Brush fire erupts in hills above Sant...

Brush fire erupts in hills above Santa Barbara

There are 23 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Brush fire erupts in hills above Santa Barbara. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

A brush fire is burning in the hills above the tony enclave of Montecito, forcing some evacuations as three fire departments are on the scene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jesus Cristo

Victorville, CA

#1 Nov 13, 2008
There are a multimillion homes?
Can you proof read this?
Kathy

Burbank, CA

#2 Nov 13, 2008
Don't you mean tiny enclave instead of tony enclave???
Michele

San Rafael, CA

#3 Nov 13, 2008
Was told by someone in SB that fire has spread as far as Park Lane. Westmont is far from there but also involved.
brett

Edmond, OK

#4 Nov 13, 2008
on phone with brother in sb (his house is in sycamore canyon. evacuated a while ago and could hear trees blowing up in background. my dad lives off east valley road (near park lane). no evacuation yet but fire is still moving south west. westmont is partially burning, students in gymnasium (safe).
Ryan T

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 13, 2008
There is word of a few trees and cars on fire at westmont, but nothing more than spot fires
brett

Edmond, OK

#6 Nov 13, 2008
http://cbs2.com/firewatch

video streams and current updates
Sarah J

Santa Monica, CA

#7 Nov 14, 2008
If you live in a fire zone, you can expect to get burned. The size of the home and of the owner's bank account do not matter. Fire consumes all in its path.
While I feel for the homeowners a little bit, they surely must realize that they were playing Russian roulette and this time they lost. And lost big.
I am so Saddened

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Nov 14, 2008
All those people I feel so sorry for. I used to drive through those hills on my way home and would admire the beauty as it was so tranquil and helped me unwind before the trip home to Oxnard. It was definatley a SKIP the traffic jams!! Prayers for all of you who were affected by this fire. I shall drive through there and remember it how it was...
Dr Schlepper

Yuma, AZ

#9 Nov 14, 2008
When the ghetto burns, do any of these rich home owners send money to them? Let the home owners of Montecito deal with their own problems.
The Truth

San Diego, CA

#10 Nov 14, 2008
Dr Schlepper wrote:
When the ghetto burns, do any of these rich home owners send money to them? Let the home owners of Montecito deal with their own problems.
Most of the homes burning are $5 million weekend and vacation homes. They don't need any help.
sle

Matthews, NC

#11 Nov 14, 2008
Wow are you serious!? Some one is really bitter. Why don't you just relax. Rich or poor people are already losing their homes, businesses, and families due to the economic crisis the world is in right now and with this fire people are losing more at a rapid pace! You need to chill out and say a prayer. I'll be sure to pray for your heart.
Dr Schlepper wrote:
The real truth

Walnut Creek, CA

#12 Nov 14, 2008
You need a reality check... Do you not realize that there is also a College in Montecito? A college that had many buildings burned and students and faculty that were in a gym all night long, waiting for it to pass. What about those people? They have family who are worried about them. They don't deserve your selfish, biased attitude. Keep your comments to yourself. That could have been your family there, and you would have been worried.
Westmont parent

Harbor City, CA

#13 Nov 14, 2008
Dr S I feel sorry for your heart. Actually when the getto burns many of these same wealthy do give generously. I hope you will have the opportunity to reach out to others. Now is the time for compassion. Have a heart
Westmont Parent

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Nov 14, 2008
Yes, have a heart. My daughter was one of those students, texting her girlfriend and telling her to make sure she told her brothers how they were the best part of her life. She did not want me to be anymore frightened out of my mind than I was as she was looking out the gym doors watching flames lick the steps to the gymnasium as they were surrounded on all sides by flame.
Deb

Newhall, CA

#15 Nov 14, 2008
WOW! Shame on some people for writing such selfish and horrible comments! Thousands of people have lost their homes! Who cares if they are rich or have a big home! There are people out there that didnt have time to grab anything because the fire came so fast! They lost all their personal items! My grandparents live up there and had no time to pack anything! Many people have been in those homes since the 60s and have lost everything they worked so hard for! Im praying for everybody out there that had to deal with this tragedy! My heart goes out to all the victims!
Dr Schlepper

Yuma, AZ

#16 Nov 14, 2008
Boo hoo hoo. I don't need prtayers, I need praise for being real about greed and selfishness in this state. LOL at you for believing in that little man in the clouds.
Sir Pickle

Yuma, AZ

#17 Nov 14, 2008
I'll bet this is happening because many of those living there are proposition 8 supporters. God is punishing them.
The real truth

Walnut Creek, CA

#18 Nov 14, 2008
Before you make comments about who God is punishing, maybe you should take some time to read the BIBLE. You will clearly see that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. Opposite sex.
Telly Saliva

Yuma, AZ

#19 Nov 14, 2008
god ia anti-American because unless an American commits a felony, there is no reason to restict that person from participating in an American institution. If an American is a felon, he/she can't vote, an American institution. If an American gets busted for drugs, that persaon is sent to jail, again a criminal offense due to the war on drugs. If this is the case, officially declare war on American homosexuals. You cant because the church and state are separate, thus proposition 8 is both unconstitutional and anti-american. Your god is anti american. F*ck your god.., and you too. LOL at the christians
Dr Schlepper

Yuma, AZ

#20 Nov 14, 2008
God is probablyh behind the burning of the Montecito hills. But when it comes to the Mormon church and white powder, I will always think of Claremont McKenna College.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montecito Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Insights into Isla Vista Shooter Elliot Rodger (May '14) Apr 21 Library buys cops 57
Trump Buys M C C...Cheap? Apr 16 gov news gov news 1
News UC Santa Barbara Student Found Dead Wednesday M... Apr 13 katybirdhudson 1
42 Summer Streetwalkers Arrive Apr 10 Business Openers 1
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) Mar 30 wholelife 100
Looking for a good place to buy blinds. Mar 26 Rincon805 1
New yoga classes in Carp! Mar '17 ssammedd 1

Montecito Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montecito Mortgages