Davis

La Habra, CA

#2590 Jul 1, 2013
Dude read the rules yourself and don't belittle others when you are just guessing or think that you know what they say. If I'm wrong paste the part that says you are right.

Really understand the difference between players and teams
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Been awhile since you've checked the rules. Checkout the State Cup since its the largest. Lower level Player can move up, Higher level player Not down. A summation... Enjoy the read...
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#2591 Jul 1, 2013
Davis wrote:
Dude read the rules yourself and don't belittle others when you are just guessing or think that you know what they say. If I'm wrong paste the part that says you are right.
Really understand the difference between players and teams
<quoted text>
Well said, Sir
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2592 Jul 1, 2013
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Been awhile since you've checked the rules. Checkout the State Cup since its the largest. Lower level Player can move up, Higher level player Not down. A summation... Enjoy the read...
Let me break it down for you champion.

The question was can a, say U13, player play up in the U14 bracket all season then play as a guest player on a U13 team tournament team.

Simple answer that you can understand, YES.
Champion

Concord, CA

#2593 Jul 2, 2013
lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me break it down for you champion.
The question was can a, say U13, player play up in the U14 bracket all season then play as a guest player on a U13 team tournament team.
Simple answer that you can understand, YES.
Enjoying the topic; I was waiting for the textbook version from you know...but since he hasn't decided. I ll give you the answer to your Q, simply like a lmsa team did recently for a scrimmage. Oh, and by the way who Won the Huntington Beach GU15 Pat's tournament this past weekend? Which had plenty of S...DL teams...hint: CSL Won...
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2594 Jul 2, 2013
What are you talking about?
Put the SCDSL and the CSL issue to bed they both have their good and bad issues. That will never change, the main reason I picked CSL for LMSA over SCDSL because I thought that promotion and relegation based on the teams performance was fairer, not to say that it doesn't have it's problem too but it is at least laidout.

If we ever get to be premier level club/teams then we will look into all the programs and see what is best for the program, but for the very most majority of the teams as long as they play someone along their same caliber then it doesn't matter what program there in, it only matters to the very most top teams.

IMHO
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoying the topic; I was waiting for the textbook version from you know...but since he hasn't decided. I ll give you the answer to your Q, simply like a lmsa team did recently for a scrimmage. Oh, and by the way who Won the Huntington Beach GU15 Pat's tournament this past weekend? Which had plenty of S...DL teams...hint: CSL Won...
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2595 Jul 2, 2013
I guess he was waiting for you to do your homework and prove that it can't be done. Which would mean you admitting in public that you got it wrong.
We all know that will never happen, right

As far as Xplosion SC I give applause where it is due. Your little club has moved up fast. Heck of a lot of Silver teams now. Well done.

And because of your fields unique position you can grab a lot of good Hispanic players from West Whittier, Los Nietos and Santa Fe Springs. You might even get to draw some away from UIFC which everyone knows is a class Hispanic Club program in that area.

But now that LMSA is going Club you will lose some of the quality money players that you were able to draw from in the past before LMSA went Club.
In fact isn't that why most of Xplosion's team were formed in the first place ? The teams you have will most likely continue to do well until the have their better players raided by the big clubs or they just age out.

Its the new, younger teams that you need to grow and prosper for the Club to do well in the long run. I have a feeling that your pool of those players will dry up soon due to LMSA's decision.
Champion

Concord, CA

#2596 Jul 2, 2013
Davis wrote:
What are you talking about?
Put the SCDSL and the CSL issue to bed they both have their good and bad issues. That will never change, the main reason I picked CSL for LMSA over SCDSL because I thought that promotion and relegation based on the teams performance was fairer, not to say that it doesn't have it's problem too but it is at least laidout.
If we ever get to be premier level club/teams then we will look into all the programs and see what is best for the program, but for the very most majority of the teams as long as they play someone along their same caliber then it doesn't matter what program there in, it only matters to the very most top teams.
IMHO
<quoted text>
Good rationale. Believe LMSA has a new S.Elite team. The time will arrive sooner than later. Goodluck
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2597 Jul 2, 2013
actually we have two silver elite teams
lmsa fact

Los Angeles, CA

#2598 Jul 2, 2013
fact there is one or two teams im positive could hold their own in silver from lmsa right now. MARK MY WORDS!.....
skeptic not

Whittier, CA

#2599 Jul 2, 2013
Silver and silver elite. There is no reason LMSA shouldnt have three or four more teams playing there next year. It has the talent in the younger divisions and can pool from REC and the good teams. But the Boys side has decided to not go that rout? M I S T A K E ! LMSA can produce the talent from these ages....Older teams have to recruit to find talent. I even believe some younger teams have the numbers to have both a club and signatue team. Hopefully now that kids stay and realize we have a good thing.
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2600 Jul 2, 2013
The future will decide of kids stay or go.
How well these LMSA Clubs teams do is very important for the next few years.

If they stay lower level Bronze, then the impact younger players will still leave for better coaching, playing opportunities.

As far as the boys teams, right now very few of them, with the exception of the BU13, are not really very good.

The Girls teams are miles ahead of them in training and development. It just is what it is.
players

La Mirada, CA

#2601 Jul 2, 2013
lmsa wrote:
I guess he was waiting for you to do your homework and prove that it can't be done. Which would mean you admitting in public that you got it wrong.
We all know that will never happen, right
As far as Xplosion SC I give applause where it is due. Your little club has moved up fast. Heck of a lot of Silver teams now. Well done.
And because of your fields unique position you can grab a lot of good Hispanic players from West Whittier, Los Nietos and Santa Fe Springs. You might even get to draw some away from UIFC which everyone knows is a class Hispanic Club program in that area.
But now that LMSA is going Club you will lose some of the quality money players that you were able to draw from in the past before LMSA went Club.
In fact isn't that why most of Xplosion's team were formed in the first place ? The teams you have will most likely continue to do well until the have their better players raided by the big clubs or they just age out.
Its the new, younger teams that you need to grow and prosper for the Club to do well in the long run. I have a feeling that your pool of those players will dry up soon due to LMSA's decision.
Yes,I concur that because of Xplosion's field location, many club players from that area were initially drawn. But now that the Club has made so much progress, such as GU15 winning State Cup,and the many boys teams promoted to Silver and Silver Elite... players from all over the place,including Rangers, Strikers, UIFC, Golden State,Pats and Chelsea have joined Xplosion SC and are currently rostered for Fall 2013.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2602 Jul 2, 2013
Hey, don't get carried away. Even the great Roman conquerors, as they rode into Rome in their Victory parades had a slave whispering into their ear,
"Respice te, hominem te memento".

Things have as way of changing really fast, and just when you think its all going great. But its good to hear that things are moving well for now.

By the way you really need a decent field for the U15 and above kids. That little field you force them to use is ridiculous. Are they going to Los Nietos yet ?
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2603 Jul 2, 2013
players wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I concur that because of Xplosion's field location, many club players from that area were initially drawn. But now that the Club has made so much progress, such as GU15 winning State Cup,and the many boys teams promoted to Silver and Silver Elite... players from all over the place,including Rangers, Strikers, UIFC, Golden State,Pats and Chelsea have joined Xplosion SC and are currently rostered for Fall 2013.
I can see that happening, Strikers because they are losing their fields come Oct, Rangers, because they just cost too much, UIFC because their are a lot of parents who want the mainstream soccer programs that Xplosion can provide. The others maybe a few local kids come over because of the drive being too far for practice and such, but not because of a "BETTER" program.

By the way are you gonna be more selective about what "teams" you let in ? That GU13 team was horrible and reflected badly on your Club. I heard they weren't coming back.
talent scout

Los Angeles, CA

#2604 Jul 2, 2013
i watched a girls u 15 from xplosion sunday in the norwalk leagues i have to admit they have some good teams. that organization is growing rapidly. But that field at aolian isnot for the older teams...maybe u12 at most.
players

United States

#2605 Jul 3, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
Hey, don't get carried away. Even the great Roman conquerors, as they rode into Rome in their Victory parades had a slave whispering into their ear,
"Respice te, hominem te memento".
Things have as way of changing really fast, and just when you think its all going great. But its good to hear that things are moving well for now.
By the way you really need a decent field for the U15 and above kids. That little field you force them to use is ridiculous. Are they going to Los Nietos yet ?
Yes, all games will be played @Los Nietos Middle School, effective Fall 2013,
lmsa

Maywood, CA

#2606 Jul 3, 2013
talent scout wrote:
i watched a girls u 15 from xplosion sunday in the norwalk leagues i have to admit they have some good teams. that organization is growing rapidly. But that field at aolian isnot for the older teams...maybe u12 at most.
They bring any teams in not very selective on teams talents....although they try to recruit teams to switch clubs when they play good teams...our team had been aproached after a win over a xplosion team. nothing wrong w free enterprise.
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2607 Jul 3, 2013
Well it is Dog eat Dog in the world of youth sports.

All players are open game during the Cal South Open period.

And any team that is run by a "personality" coach or run by the parents can get disenchanted with a Club and leave for a better offer from another Club.
Although I have found that these type of teams usually bring more problems than they are worth. As they think they are better and more important than the Club itself.

And that's not good from a Club standpoint.

Agree about the U12 field as well.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2608 Jul 3, 2013
First who it new GU15 team?

Second back in the day when I was with WSC/AUSC we were looking at getting rid of some of the team because of the poor reflection on the overall program. Because so many votes were from coaches we weren't able to accomplish that and went to the A B setup but that didn't work either because of coach player loyalty and BS.

Xplosion it's not how big it's how good

ALL HAVE A GREAT 4TH
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2609 Jul 3, 2013
priority for decisions when at WSC-

Club
Team
Player

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montebello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 1 hr El Manda Mas 2,949
Randolph (Randy) Owen Fulkerson (Jul '13) 5 hr Prid 4
hillary protects u.s. companies overseas 7 hr landlord_2 1
City of Montebello Treasurer PELL Fri interesting 3
Montebello financial issues Fri interesting 3
Montebello dependent on imported Water Supply (Aug '13) Apr 27 Truth Squad 239
City of Montebello Council Meeting Apr 27 Interesting 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montebello Mortgages