Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

I will stay away from LMSA and their club. I like the Xplosion and the coaching for the price they offer. I want the coaches who put the effort in to become a better coach by learning a few things. As Davis said himself "having a D license doesnt make you a better coach but you will learn something that you didnt know before" And he was speaking from personal experience.
If some LMSA coaches actually tried it would shine a better positive light from the other clubs and those thinking of joining LMSA. Once these teams get a taste they will see they can get more in coaching from coaches that take the advanced classes. I think Davis is the right guy for the spot I can't say the same for the other coaches.
anonymous coach

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah and xplosion has how many D lic. Coaches.....? I dont trust that organization. I once played a team from xplosion in league. Few weeks later i could have sworn i saw same kids that were on a older team aswell. I guess il keep banking LMSA.
wrong anon

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

anonymous coach wrote:
Yeah and xplosion has how many D lic. Coaches.....? I dont trust that organization. I once played a team from xplosion in league. Few weeks later i could have sworn i saw same kids that were on a older team aswell. I guess il keep banking LMSA.
I want to correct this gossip, ya its a blog... but get some facts straight. if you would have said Norwalk Soccer... then I would agree with you on this gossip blog...
Coach's from XplosionSC have Professional, College, High School and much Higher than lmsa experience in Futbol/Soccer. We Know LMSA is a Recreational Club and that is why I am not going neg-, just some real facts.
Premiere aficionado

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

So let me gather this info a bit more clearly.... Xplosion teams have each a professional ,college, highschool level coach, coaching each team? get your facts correct. some one asked how many coaches there are at Xplosion that have a D licence? Not a D as in drivers License. But dont get your facts from Mr. A. G. no one in fifa can hold a candle to him....as a Ref as a Coach as a Player here or in Texas. I'm not undervaluing the coaching there at xplosion. But only the high level clubs $$$. offer that for each level team. And that my friend is a fact!
Premiere aficionado

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

I hate to bring this fact out in plane sight...I know a few highschool coaches that dont have a D lic. aswell.
BOD

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Too many people associate an E or D license with coaching/training skill. That is just not the case.

Do your homework if you are considering moving up to the club level.
If its all about money, stay in LMSA club. You'll get the decent competition, but remember its Bronze.
Which is the bottom level in club.
If its the name Xplosion or Juventus will do. Almost all of their teams stay in the Bronze level, year after year. Yes there is the few exceptions, the Regulators or Raul G's team but they are the exception
If you want your kid to really excel you must find a Silver Elite, Gold, Premier, ECNL or Tier 1 team. These are the kids play 3 or 4 years Varsity, that get the looks from big schools.
Messi

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

our blogs wrote:
Latlely whats up with these poachers advertising their club tryouts here? the reason the league went to competetive/club soccer was to prevent the kids from leaving now....true its tier two and gold level tryouts but still its our LMSA blogs not a club tryout Bulletin Board. yeah great new Logo and direction we are headed..
what are you complaining about? at most, there will be a handful of kids at LMSA who are ready to make the jump to club. an even lesser amount ready to jump to Tier 2 or Gold. the talent drain began a few years back. why do you think numbers are so low above U12?

however, the opportunity is here, now for those who think they are capable.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Were not of the same coaching level with club so they think.....were still giving 50% play time to all players on the teams by lmsa rules. Even bench players....abiding by Residency rules. And they have poached our better players from us. Wow seems like were playing at a disadvantage. And they still want to pick at us...come on club people respect what we have its for the kids...is there an issue with running up scores on new teams in club? I know our coach has no problem with it. If they can......
Bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Messi wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you complaining about? at most, there will be a handful of kids at LMSA who are ready to make the jump to club. an even lesser amount ready to jump to Tier 2 or Gold. the talent drain began a few years back. why do you think numbers are so low above U12?
however, the opportunity is here, now for those who think they are capable.
Tier 2 is not gold. sorry. tier 2 teams are bronze/silver level teams. Nothing special. Tier 3 was designed for the rec. club teams paying big dollars for club trainers. Bottom half of the bronze circut. When SCDL began they assumed they were better than everyone else and didn't need this lower level. What they realized is the CSL system works and provides a better proving grounds to move up. Earn it. Big money clubs didn't like someone telling them they had to step back down. Hurt egos. Tier 1 can be anything from Silver to Gold depending on where the coach want to place them. CSL teams did as well if not better in State Cup and they let many of the tier 2 teams step back and play in the governors bracket.
Bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

How do you know who the explosion coach is on the sideline with all the parents coaching moving up and down the field screaming at the referee?
Field Marshal BOD

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Bronze wrote:
How do you know who the explosion coach is on the sideline with all the parents coaching moving up and down the field screaming at the referee?
Which day, which game...
Soccer Dad

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

lmsa dad wrote:
Were not of the same coaching level with club so they think.....were still giving 50% play time to all players on the teams by lmsa rules. Even bench players....abiding by Residency rules. And they have poached our better players from us. Wow seems like were playing at a disadvantage. And they still want to pick at us...come on club people respect what we have its for the kids...is there an issue with running up scores on new teams in club? I know our coach has no problem with it. If they can......
Poaching is part of the system in Club. The have's take from the have not's.
Watch the BU10 team at Xplosion this Fall. They are a very good team but now that they are on the radar their impact players will be stolen in a year or two.
And no slaughter rule in Club. You want a slaughter rule, stay in Rec. I have seen 17-0 games at all levels. And the only comment made by the losing team, "Those jerks will get theirs soon enough". There is always someone better than you as you move up the competition ladder.

Champion realized that when they dominated Bronze their first season and they had 4 losses in Silver the next. Still decent but not the king of the hill anymore.
Lookin for humility

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

A good A.. whooping is by all means part of my development program for advancement it shows humility. areas that need to be addresed who is passionate on the field. what players play till the end leave it all problem with some club kids is that they get down a few goals and the onslaught begins they have a bigger expectation...i teach my players that when they play with us its all about passion. fight, devotion, hope, perseverence. I know there is always a better team out there. But with passion and love for the team and you have chosen the right players no game gets out of hand. We have played teams going gold, silver, tier two, tier three, bronze, Signature, older, younger...... and thats with our signature team! we have never been beat by more than a three goal difernce while i been on the sidline. but it starts with the foundation and kids who are determined to succeed the kids you recruit play a big part. I know Coast will be a great task for lmsa but we have to be ready for it. I think the ney sayers will get a surprise come fall. i honestly believe we wont be those teams getting blown out By 10 goals. we have the talent players and coaching YES coaching! My whole team is excited and know what to expect. LETS ROLL!
BOD

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Don't let your head get too big.
The task is to get OUT of the Bronze level. Which is the lowest level for Club.
Teams that stay in Bronze for more than 2 years are just wasting their money. They should go back to Rec, save a boatload of money and let their kids have fun.
bronze

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

At least at lmsa the cost doesn't pay for anything but the teams direct costs
LM Parent too

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

We'll have to wait and see on that one.
Will the coaches and parents want to buy 2 uniforms, home & away ?
Will they want to buy nice sweat suits, bags for the kids ? Things to make them stick out in LMSA.
To show everyone, I'm in the Club program. Will they want to participate in several club tournaments during the year ?
The Ref fees in club are also higher as well.
The costs start to add up as things start to come up.
If you think that the fees paid at the beginning of the season will cover everything through out the year your fooling yourself big time
$club

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

LM Parent too wrote:
We'll have to wait and see on that one.
Will the coaches and parents want to buy 2 uniforms, home & away ?
Will they want to buy nice sweat suits, bags for the kids ? Things to make them stick out in LMSA.
To show everyone, I'm in the Club program. Will they want to participate in several club tournaments during the year ?
The Ref fees in club are also higher as well.
The costs start to add up as things start to come up.
If you think that the fees paid at the beginning of the season will cover everything through out the year your fooling yourself big time
So parents already in signature already know the fees you pay cover 2 uniforms. Won't change this year, club or sig teams. Most kids already have bags, but new kids can buy (optional) And jumpsuits, those are always optional as well. I've seen the new proposed suits, they look clean, as do the new uniforms. People will like them!
Additionally sig teams have already been participating in tournaments, my team did 3-4 last year, it's ~$30 a player for a tournament.
Yes CSL fees and ref fees are higher, and yes it adds up. Teams will have a budget pre planned so parents have a good idea of the cost. It will be slightly higher than last years Signature, but not much higher.

Lets show some positiveness and support. People ripped Sig when it was approved, and EVERY team my team faced had nothing but praise and respect for us and our program. Many outsiders respect LMSA program, and know we produce quality! I don't see that changing, actually I see us producing a better quality product. Time will tell, but we have a lot of coaches that care about the program, and less about their ego.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Great Post!
Time Will Tell.
LM Parent too

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Not a doomsayer, just a realist.
I also want this club program to work. Your right it is what is best for LM kids.
But the best way for this to succeed is for everyone to go into it with their eyes open. Not clouded by dreams or glory or false ideas of low costs.
Will the teams do well ? No, they will be lucky if they breaker .500.
Will they be competitive ? Yes for most of their games.
Will they be blown out ? Yes in at least 2 games.
There is usually at least 1 or 2 really good teams in their first year in Bronze that will shoot up the CSL ladder quickly.
Will it cost more than people expect ? Most definitely.
Will the present structure of LMSA club stay the same ? No, once everyone sees what is required to be successful in club,(moving up not staying Bronze year after year), change will be required or the player drain will start up again.

With all this being out in the open the malcontents in a team, and there will be some, there always are, will be fewer and less influential.
Good luck LMSA Sept will be here before you know it.
LMSA Parent

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Im tired of so much negativity in regards to coaching level, player talent, financial increment,in regards to The departure from Signature. Its not a big change the way the board set it up financially. LMSA is offering somthing fresh...a Ree-vamp. I like it! So it seems like those that dont agree are mainly Rec People not Signature people. Does LMSA have a rivelry? who are they? will LMSA have a General name? can we know what and with whom our teams will be paired up for coast?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,141 - 2,160 of4,283
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Montebello Forum right now

Search the Montebello Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 39 min Funny 1,225
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 1 hr Financial Plus Investment 2,251
Man fatally wounded in Baldwin Park shooting 2 hr Car Parker 101
Epicenter Blog: Remembering the Barn in Scotts ... (Nov '09) 2 hr Barbara Bentley 16
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr SunDowners 199,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr Activity 15,657
PAL vs PAAL Wed 1and 1 6
•••
•••

Montebello News Video

•••
•••

Montebello Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Montebello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE