P ractice to be perfect
R espect the game, ref's and your opponent
I ntelligence be the smartest you can be
D edication
E njoy the game
Hmmmmmm

Whittier, CA

#2073 Mar 18, 2013
my name is albert and I want to gloat they should erect a statue of me at Explosion for my greatness.
Funny

Kent, WA

#2074 Mar 20, 2013
Mr Davis seems to be able to talk the talk but not walk the walk
1-4 and he's freaking out at detractors and making excuses already
He'll probably go back to Rec (Sig) in the Fall so he can win a few and show everyone what a great coach he is again
CSL Coach

Irvine, CA

#2075 Mar 21, 2013
Everybody should give Coach Davis and the rest of the LMSA staff a break. They are going to be learning just like the players. If they bring in some good coaches with experience at the higher level they will do well. It takes time though. Good luck to LMSA club.
$club

Modesto, CA

#2076 Mar 21, 2013
CSL Coach wrote:
Everybody should give Coach Davis and the rest of the LMSA staff a break. They are going to be learning just like the players. If they bring in some good coaches with experience at the higher level they will do well. It takes time though. Good luck to LMSA club.
Finally someone with some sense!
Most of the coaches are pretty experienced, but as stated, not only do the kids need to adjust to the faster/ more physical play, but the coaches will have to adjust. I think if teams hit .600 winning record, it's a good 1st year. Don't expect them to run the table, but don't expect them to get blown out. Defense is where it's at.
Defense

Whittier, CA

#2077 Mar 21, 2013
Mr. Davis is all Defense. Plays not to lose so he will do well. The teams that play a faster game may get burned but at least the kids will be able to make decisions on their own. At this level there is only one or two key players that you need to stop. Welcome to bronze soccer. The new teams are more dangerous than the existing returning bronze teams. Its the unknow. Anyone seen a good goal keeper walking the streets this will make a winning team.
Parent

South Gate, CA

#2078 Mar 22, 2013
Here are our coaches for the higher competition. Interesting to see the U9's aren't even doing club. I think thats a mistake start them off early. It seems every time a u9 goes to signature they struggle with playing quality teams.

Also looks like LMSA did not go out and get any quality, experienced club coaches who were available. And nothing CSL past U15. I thought high school kids would play?

BU9- Open (Signature)
GU9- Pending (Signature)
BU10- Pending
GU10- Aaron Fimbres (CSL)
BU11- Brian White
GU11- Ruben Orozco (CSL)
BU12-John Slater
GU12-Tim Jones (CSL)
BU13- Bobby Leon (CSL)
GU13- Kevin Dorman (CSL)
BU14- Jesse Moreno (CSL)
GU14- Tim Coop (CSL)
GU15- Bob Davis (CSL)
BOD

Canyon Country, CA

#2079 Mar 22, 2013
By the time a kid is U16 or U19 if they aren't in club it's not worth it to try and find one. Paying CSL club fees isn't worth it either
For LMSA the NOCIL in U16-U19 Boys is great competition.
The GU16 -U19 LMSA are purely a rec division and should stay that way
LM Parent

Tustin, CA

#2080 Mar 22, 2013
Parent wrote:
Here are our coaches for the higher competition. Interesting to see the U9's aren't even doing club. I think thats a mistake start them off early. It seems every time a u9 goes to signature they struggle with playing quality teams.
Also looks like LMSA did not go out and get any quality, experienced club coaches who were available. And nothing CSL past U15. I thought high school kids would play?
BU9- Open (Signature)
GU9- Pending (Signature)
BU10- Pending
BU11- Brian White
GU11- Ruben Orozco (CSL)
BU12-John Slater
GU12-Tim Jones (CSL)
BU13- Bobby Leon (CSL)
GU13- Kevin Dorman (CSL)
BU14- Jesse Moreno (CSL)
GU14- Tim Coop (CSL)
GU15- Bob Davis (CSL)
Do the Signature teams have their teams formed already? Or will they be needing to fill spots? May consider pulling my son from club, getting too expensive.
$club

Modesto, CA

#2081 Mar 22, 2013
BOD wrote:
By the time a kid is U16 or U19 if they aren't in club it's not worth it to try and find one. Paying CSL club fees isn't worth it either
For LMSA the NOCIL in U16-U19 Boys is great competition.
The GU16 -U19 LMSA are purely a rec division and should stay that way
Disagree, BOD should allow for expansion. Maybe let Coop be the trailblazer on this with keeping his team club at the older levels (assuming he does not get burnout). Same with boys older teams. If they are U15 club, when they get to U16 is the league going to just drop the team? Build it up as we go along.!!
$club

Modesto, CA

#2082 Mar 22, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Do the Signature teams have their teams formed already? Or will they be needing to fill spots? May consider pulling my son from club, getting too expensive.
I'm sure many sig players have the edge over Rec players. Their is a BIG difference in play from what I have seen! Especially on the upper teams that have competed well (2 years together). Unless a kid is a standout player (many have already gone to sig), it will be tough to take a spot from an existing player. Now coming from club to LMSA club team, chances are prob higher. I'm sure many of the coaches would love to get an existing 1-3 club players on their team.
Players coming from rec to club will have a big adjustment IMO... Speed of play, reading the game, no kickball, staying in position, trusting teammates, and no longer the "best" rec player on their current team is a lot for a kid AND parent to handle. It can be done, but will be a work in progress. Plus the coaches need to see if the rec player can contribute.
Good luck! What age/club should he come from? Best bet is contact the coach. He/she would be thrilled to get a club player I bet!
BOD

Canyon Country, CA

#2083 Mar 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="$club"]<quot ed text>
Disagree, BOD should allow for expansion. Maybe let Coop be the trailblazer on this with keeping his team club at the older levels (assuming he does not get burnout). Same with boys older teams. If they are U15 club, when they get to U16 is the league going to just drop the team? Build it up as we go along.!![/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me. I meant the 2013 season of play.
I agree that if the U14 or U12s do well in club they should continue on the next season. And so on.
But I really do think after the 1st season they will need to look for some impact players to fill holes that they may discover over the course of a season. I am sure they will find about 3 holes in their squads the first year.
But again remember this is typical for 1st year club teams.
hmmmmm

Whittier, CA

#2084 Mar 22, 2013
Parent wrote:
BU9- Open (Signature)
GU9- Pending (Signature)
BU10- Pending
BU11- Brian White
GU11- Ruben Orozco (CSL)
BU12-John Slater
GU12-Tim Jones (CSL)
BU13- Bobby Leon (CSL)
GU13- Kevin Dorman (CSL)
BU14- Jesse Moreno (CSL)
GU14- Tim Coop (CSL)
GU15- Bob Davis (CSL)
I guess your going to have to get a real job
Soccer Master

Los Angeles, CA

#2085 Mar 22, 2013
I think the main reason why they won't have older teams playing club because there are no coaches in LMSA with a high license. Only moms and dads with E's who probably would fail if they even tried to take a D.
$club

Modesto, CA

#2086 Mar 22, 2013
BOD wrote:
[QUOTE who="$club"]<quot ed text>
Disagree, BOD should allow for expansion. Maybe let Coop be the trailblazer on this with keeping his team club at the older levels (assuming he does not get burnout). Same with boys older teams. If they are U15 club, when they get to U16 is the league going to just drop the team? Build it up as we go along.!! "

You misunderstood me. I meant the 2013 season of play.
I agree that if the U14 or U12s do well in club they should continue on the next season. And so on.
But I really do think after the 1st season they will need to look for some impact players to fill holes that they may discover over the course of a season. I am sure they will find about 3 holes in their squads the first year.
But again remember this is typical for 1st year club teams.
Agree... Every non gold team has holes that need filling. Finding those players to commit is the hard part.
Your on the right track then. And year 1 will be growing pains. But that's with most teams 1st year.
$club

Modesto, CA

#2087 Mar 22, 2013
Soccer Master wrote:
I think the main reason why they won't have older teams playing club because there are no coaches in LMSA with a high license. Only moms and dads with E's who probably would fail if they even tried to take a D.
I'll let you know. Can't be harder than my Bachelor degree I earned.... It ain't rocket science you know!
And BTW, MANY club coaches ONLY have E licenses, why are they exempt from the trash talk? Does it make them more qualified because they have no kid on the team?
Parent

South Gate, CA

#2088 Mar 22, 2013
Soccer Master is right. A D license coach shows you know what your talking about and know how to coach. Even Bob said it himself that it is tough and not easy. He must know his coaches are decent parent coaches but can't get a D. I think he knows they would possibly fail.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#2089 Mar 22, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the Signature teams have their teams formed already? Or will they be needing to fill spots? May consider pulling my son from club, getting too expensive.
tryout to be posted on the web page
hmmmmm

Whittier, CA

#2090 Mar 24, 2013
Parent wrote:
Soccer Master is right. A D license coach shows you know what your talking about and know how to coach. Even Bob said it himself that it is tough and not easy. He must know his coaches are decent parent coaches but can't get a D. I think he knows they would possibly fail.
Hmmmn petty little man it must be terrible to think that nobody likes you. Is that all you do is sit on blogs and talk smack. It must be a sad life not to lift anyone up. Poor poor man
MX v USA World Cup Qual

Whittier, CA

#2091 Mar 25, 2013
Tuesday night when the US national team faces Mexico in a 2014 World Cup qualifier at the Estadio Azteca (10:30 pm ET, ESPN and Univision/And 105,000 attendance tickets sold so far...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montebello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 32 min Bruin For Life 28,162
I got a massage with a "happy ending"- am I a b... 4 hr terrywa 1
Alleged 710 Freeway taggers arrested (Feb '10) 5 hr Chris Garnica 40
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... (May '14) Fri ExBFF 42
Armenians say a never forgeta on 99th anniversa... (Apr '14) Nov 16 river bicyclist 4
Appellate court justices leaning toward upholdi... Nov 16 Wonder Why 2
Mtb City Council Votes 5 - 0 To Extend MHSP REI... Nov 16 Wonder Why 7

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at November 22 at 1:15PM PST

Montebello News Video

Montebello Dating
Find my Match

Montebello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Montebello News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montebello

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:14 pm PST