Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,281 - 157,300 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignorant bigot.
and you are a transparent idiot that everyone can see right through
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am not interested in a poly marriage.
I am only interested in discussing it in relation to same marriage equality. As I've told you countless times.
If it upsets you so much or you don't understand my points, it's not my problem, Just stop stalking me creep.
We know, you are only interested in discussing it as a tactic to attack anyone that is in favor of same sex marriage.

We all know that, and the only point you have is the one on top of your head.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
what you are saying is that you donít realize there is a difference in the public perception.
I do get that you have no clue about that.
No criminal's have used same sex marrage as an excuse for thier crimes. Poly advocates cant say that.
You don't seem to know that was the same for homosexuals in the recent past. Watch the video! This is what we were taught in school. That homosexuals were evil and mentally ill. It was against the law.

Please watch the link "Boys beware! Homosexuals are on the Prowl" This is one of the milder "educational" movies they showed us IN PUBLIC SCHOOL.

You just don't get it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are a transparent idiot that everyone can see right through
You're very angry. But you know I am right. How can you argue against equal rights like that?

Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very angry. But you know I am right. How can you argue against equal rights like that?
No moron, you really are that transparent, the funny part is that you donít realize it. Just about everyone has called you on it, and no matter how flat you fail, you just keep going.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know that was the same for homosexuals in the recent past. Watch the video! This is what we were taught in school. That homosexuals were evil and mentally ill. It was against the law.
Please watch the link "Boys beware! Homosexuals are on the Prowl" This is one of the milder "educational" movies they showed us IN PUBLIC SCHOOL.
You just don't get it.
I donít need to, there are a lot of mentally ill people, regardless of their sexual orientation.

But they are NOT the face of Same Sex marriage, you desperately want them to be, but they are not.

you are losing fast, 10 states now, and more to come.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No moron, you really are that transparent, the funny part is that you donít realize it. Just about everyone has called you on it, and no matter how flat you fail, you just keep going.
Only those paranoid idiots unwilling to acknowledge the connection out of fear call me on it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is unteachable and incorrigible.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít need to, there are a lot of mentally ill people, regardless of their sexual orientation.
But they are NOT the face of Same Sex marriage, you desperately want them to be, but they are not.
you are losing fast, 10 states now, and more to come.
No they are not now BUT THEY WERE. Damn you are thick as a brick.
enlightment

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

this is great! finally comes understanding and compassion. it would be just as unconstitutional to ban same sex marriage as it would to take ahetersosexual couple and force them to seperate or to deny them their God given right of freedom to love who they want. For example,HUD housing,certain states deny two of the same sex to cohabit even if they were legally married in another state ,all because of the unconstitutional bans on this basic human right.So then,the two who are in love,are evicted and left to struggle to find another home!its injustice! Finally,a judge has b
rought justice to california!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>He is unteachable and incorrigible.
Janey Doody, it's the other way around.

"Opponents of gay rights often warn that legalizing same-sex marriage would inexorably lead to legalizing polygamy. Maybe it would, and maybe it should. Denying gay couples the right to marry violates state constitutional guarantees of equality, as several states high courts have rightly ruled.(The Supreme Court of California also held that the right to marry is fundamental.)

Surely Mormons have the same rights to equal treatment under lawóand of course, they have a substantial First Amendment claim to engage in multiple marriages according to the dictates of their faith.

So why is polygamy illegal? Why donít Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state? Thereís a short answer to this question but not a very good one: polygamy is illegal and unprotected by the Constitution because the Supreme Court doesnít like it. Over one hundred years ago, the Court held in Reynolds v. U.S. that polygamy was ďan offence against society...Ē

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...
enlightment

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

he has brought it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not now BUT THEY WERE. Damn you are thick as a brick.
But you keep trying to put them up front

this tactic is failing, states are accepting same sex marriage regardless of your desperate attempts
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>He is unteachable and incorrigible.
If you are trying to teach me that polyamorists don't deserve equal protection then yes, I am unteachable.

Because you are wrong. And you won't say why they don't deserve it, you just say "because it's against the law!"
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are trying to teach me that polyamorists don't deserve equal protection then yes, I am unteachable.
Because you are wrong. And you won't say why they don't deserve it, you just say "because it's against the law!"
No one is trying to teach you, we would have to be paid ( a lot ) for that. We are just laughing at you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
But you keep trying to put them up front
this tactic is failing, states are accepting same sex marriage regardless of your desperate attempts
You know damn well I support SSM. How could I not without being a hypocrite like you? The old Big D "you're a liar" straw man.

Any desperation here is yours, you are getting dishonest again and you are not even bothering to conceal your bigotry and hypocrisy.

What you say about "the face of polygamy" is ugly hateful rhetoric NO DIFFERENT from what was said about homosexuals a few decades ago. You thinly disguise it by claiming it's not you, it's everybody else.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is trying to teach you, we would have to be paid ( a lot ) for that. We are just laughing at you
ha ha so funny. The government removed 436 children from their biological parents with no evidence of any crime or abuse beyond polygamy. ha ha ha! good one! A real knee slapper.

Little kids crying and terrified. In police cars and strange homes and orphanages away from their siblings. Not allowed to see their criminal parents. What a laugh eh?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You know damn well I support SSM. How could I not without being a hypocrite like you? The old Big D "you're a liar" straw man.
Any desperation here is yours, you are getting dishonest again and you are not even bothering to conceal your bigotry and hypocrisy.
What you say about "the face of polygamy" is ugly hateful rhetoric NO DIFFERENT from what was said about homosexuals a few decades ago. You thinly disguise it by claiming it's not you, it's everybody else.
No I donít believe for one moment that you support SSM

I know you say you do, but you constant tactics to try and distract, and your incessant attacks on anyone that supports SSM and your constant defending of anyone opposed exposes your actual position

No one is fooled
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha so funny. The government removed 436 children from their biological parents with no evidence of any crime or abuse beyond polygamy. ha ha ha! good one! A real knee slapper.
Little kids crying and terrified. In police cars and strange homes and orphanages away from their siblings. Not allowed to see their criminal parents. What a laugh eh?
Perhaps you are even more ignorant than I think you are
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are even more ignorant than I think you are
On the basis of one anonymous phone call (that later appeared to be a hoax), Texas authorities forcibly removed more than 460 children from their parents without evidence of actual abuse in each case. Parents and children were ordered to undergo DNA testing (Who knows how long the state will maintain the DNA database, or to what uses it will be put?), and the children were summarily consigned to the notorious Texas foster-care system.

You approve of this sh!t?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montebello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 39 min stand your ground 4,982
Review: PlyGem Windows (Mar '10) 48 min walkerwilliam91 135
Free Charli XCX/Bleachers Concert @ The Avalon 1 hr klr3444 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 26,973
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr BOD too 4,929
The story of the last new streetcar launch in T... 3 hr Leng 2
Review: Kreative Image Studio 4 hr Collegekid1121 1

Search the Montebello Forum:
•••

Montebello News Video

•••
•••

Montebello Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••