Man died in Hawaiian Gardens shooting

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

A man was fatally shot at a burger stand Sunday, authorities said. Police responded to the 12300 block of E. Carson Street in response to a report that a man was shot, said Deputy Aura Sierra of the Los Angeles ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of176
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gone2soon

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

This 29 year old person was more than just a fatality. His name was Jeff and he touched all that knew him. He left behind a loving wife, 3 incredible girls and a new arrival who he will never have the chance to meet. He worked hard and was well liked by everyone. The world was a better place with Jeff in it. We will miss his smile and his warm heart. I pray that our memories will sustain us and that everyone who reads this comment will pray for his family and all the families who have lost the ones they love before their time.....
curious

Laguna Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2008

Does anyone know what happened or what could have caused this??
I LOVE U JEFFREY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

HE WAS THE VICTIM OF A SENSELESS ACT..HE WAS FATALLY SHOT 6 TIMES IN THE BACK.....

IM HIS BEST FRIEND, MIKE...CURRENTLY IN TEXAS (4 ABOUT 2 YRS NOW) BUT WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS FOR 10 YEARS..IM WAITING ON HIS WIFE TO MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE FUNERAL SO I CAN FLY DOWN AND SAY MY LAST GOODBYES TO MY BEST FRIEND,MY HEART, MIND, SPIRIT AND SOUL...

HE WAS NOT INVOLVED IN NO STREET ACTIVITIES, NO AFFILIATIONS WHATSOEVER...IT WAS A GRP OF THUGS FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD THAT DID IT...

WE ARE ALL MOURNING THE LOSS OF A GREAT PERSON THAT HAS TOUCHED SO MANY LIVES AND WAS VIEWED AS A ROLE MODEL TO MANY...

GONE2SOON....DID U WORK FOR CONWAY ALSO?
booya

Lake Elsinore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

was the guy in a gang? i was there at the burger joint not that long ago and that place is popular with people.
think positive

Lake Elsinore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

So sorry for your loss, thats terrible.
OSD

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Jeff in heaven only knows what this stands for, I met Jeff 3 years ago that smile what can I say I will miss it dearly. Jeff was a wonderful person and family man our hearts go out to his wife and family we only hope the wonderful memories will sustain us all in this time of greif. He was part of our family here at Con-way he will live on in our hearts forever.. and yes Tx you said it right thugs..I'd like to add cowards.
I LOVE U JEFFREY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

NO INVOLMENT IN GANGS, DRUGS, OR CRIME......DOESNT LOOK LIKE ONE EITHER...HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SOMETHING TO EAT AND HE WAS THERE @ THE WRONG PLACE AND THE WRONG TIME, WHICH MAKES THIS EVEN MORE HARDER TO DEAL WITH!!!
SOMEONE FROM VARRIO HAWAIIAN GARDENS KILLED MY FRIEND FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!!!
Godknows

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

My heart goes out to all who knew this remarkable young man, I'm sorry I did not. I just want to say to you all and especially to his wife, daughters, close family/friends. God knows, He sees, He hears and and His heart is broken for you. May His comfort be yours in abundance during this difficult time.
So Sad

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

I knew Jeff for many years. He was a really good guy. It breaks my heart to hear whats happened to him. I'm praying for his family and hope that everyone will do the same. Rest in Peace Slim.
Scott

Trabuco Canyon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

I worked with Jeff for more then 10years. He was always a happy go lucky guy. It's hard for me to go to work everyday and see the trailer or tactor he would be driving. I see the equipment there but no Jeff. I was just joking with him on Friday but didnt think that would be the last time I would see him. He will be very missed at Con-way UIV. RIP my brother. You will be truely missed.
You were a good man Jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

He was a good guy. I ought to know...he and I shared one thing in common, we both had children by the same wife. I trusted him the moment I met him several years ago. Through the years he and I would see each other in an irregular basis, but when we did, it was always cordial and friendly. My daughters are the two stepdaughters he leaves behind, and my girls always had praise for him. I always encouraged them to respect him, too. I respected him because of his way of being...a family man, a working young man who had the desire to succeed, and very humble. I have never looked at it as someone else usurping my space, that was never the case, as he had this quality to him that made people like him and trust him. I was glad to see him and his wife forge ahead and start a family. There is one long conversation he and I had about two years ago that I will keep fresh so long as my mind allows me to....I am hopeful that the criminals who did this will be brought to justice soon...
Gone2soon

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Godknows wrote:
My heart goes out to all who knew this remarkable young man, I'm sorry I did not. I just want to say to you all and especially to his wife, daughters, close family/friends. God knows, He sees, He hears and and His heart is broken for you. May His comfort be yours in abundance during this difficult time.

Thank you for your compasion and faith..
Gone2soon

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

think positive wrote:
So sorry for your loss, thats terrible.
Thank you for your kind words.
An Angel Lost

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

I'm one of Jeff's sisters and I just want to Thank each & everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. We are so devastated by this terrible tragedy that has struck our family. For those of us that knew him we were truly blessed. My brother was truly one of a kind! Not a single bad bone in his body. Full of life and so much love. He was a family man and hard worker. He has touched my life in so many ways and I will never forget him. I dont think this pain in my heart will ever go away. He worked for a great company with many wonderful people who meant alot to him! Reading all these comments breaks my heart because I know if you knew my brother in any way that you will feel this lost!! Everyone who knew him says the same thing about him. Oh God I am surrounded by him everywhere I look. His smile...God I wish I could see his smile or hear his laugh. WHY??? I wish I knew...I wish I would have been with him that night. Not even 24 hours before I was with my brother. I was always spending time with him and I cant begin to imagine living my life without him. A Beautiful person in every way..lost for no reason whatsover. Plain stupidity!!! All I know is there is a God and there is nothing that goes unpunished. I love you Jeff GOD HELP ME!! WE MISS YOU AND PLEASE FILL US WITH YOUR STRENGTH AND SPIRIT!
Gone2soon

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

We are Jeff's Aunt and Uncle. We wanted to get the word out that a memorial fund has been set up for Jeff and his family. Memorial donations can be made at Washington Mutual in his name. Many thanks to Jeff's co-workers and friends at Con-way. You are an awesome group! We would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post support for this family. God bless you and yours.
Rick Woodley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

What is wrong with this world when a genuinely decent family man like Jeff has to be gunned down while trying to walk away from trouble? I worked with Jeff for many years and know that he was a gentle, soft spoken, good man. To those resposible for doing this- they are coming for you. You will never pay enough for the life of this innocent young man.
An Angel Lost

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

Our entire family is doing everything that we possibly can to spread the word. Passing out flyers and putting an ad in the Pennysaver which will be in homes on Thursday going to 489,000 homes. I will not stop until whoever did this is held responsible and prosecuted to the fullest!!
An Angel Lost

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

curious wrote:
Does anyone know what happened or what could have caused this??
Yeah ignorance and pure stupidity because he had not one enemy!!
An Angel Lost

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

booya wrote:
was the guy in a gang? i was there at the burger joint not that long ago and that place is popular with people.
Did you not read his best friends comment? The answer is NO!!! NO!!NO!!
An Angel Lost

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

OSD wrote:
Jeff in heaven only knows what this stands for, I met Jeff 3 years ago that smile what can I say I will miss it dearly. Jeff was a wonderful person and family man our hearts go out to his wife and family we only hope the wonderful memories will sustain us all in this time of greif. He was part of our family here at Con-way he will live on in our hearts forever.. and yes Tx you said it right thugs..I'd like to add cowards.
Yes only my brother has the answers that we need. How I wish we knew. Like I said God will take care of the rest. Thank You so much for your comments and your prayers. My brother loved his job and all the people there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of176
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 11 at 1:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Montebello News Video

•••
•••

Montebello Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Montebello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE