Mike Card to return to Capitola Police Department as chief

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

The city's next police chief will be a familiar face. William "Mike" Card, who left the department in 2005 to take a police chief position in Sheridan, Wyo., will come back to lead the Capitola Police Department early next year, city officials announced Friday.
Comments
21 - 40 of 46 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2013
Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

You live in Novato and who the hell would you know what is going in Capitola. You don't know what Chief Card will bring to Capitola. Just lay back in your town of Novato and forget about Capitola.
old guard wrote:
capitola got a rep as a heavyhanded brutal pig force and this pig is why. One applicant stupid enough to want to deal with KKKirby nicol (the Mayor)and the rest of the retarded council. bob begun still thinks he is in his morning depends he is so old and delusional. Dump them all get new blood it is always the same old guard.
I hate them!
Dino

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

JFS wrote:
What a bunch of winers on this blog...cry babies.
Why not something positive once in a while?
Lolo, it is a forum, not a blog.
To Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Terry wrote:
You live in Novato and who the hell would you know what is going in Capitola. You don't know what Chief Card will bring to Capitola. Just lay back in your town of Novato and forget about Capitola.
<quoted text>
Terry - Get a clue. Novato isn't where that idiot lives - it where his ISP is located. Old Guard is a Kirby Nicol hater who posts regularly under many names but his theme is always the same. Ignore his rants like the rest of us.
pun dit

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Terry from San Leandro.....the ISP address represents the city it hails from, not where one resides.

Besides, you don't have to live in Capitola to read about the dime store novels that could be made from its small-town politics.

I'm sure Mr. Card knows all about dime-store novels after living in Wyoming a few years.
Sonshine

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Welcome Mike,
We're glad to have you back!(:)
Sheridan Local

Kalispell, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

This is a huge loss to Sheridan. The cat in a trap call is typical and Chief Card helped keep it that way.
good riddance

Rawlins, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Sheridan is glad to finally get rid of him!!
goodbyemike

Sheridan, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Glad you will be out of our town! Don't let the door hit you on your way out!!!!!
wyo guy

Lander, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

Good riddens and sorry for your luck Capitola. This guy is a total fraud as a law enforcement officer.
koogone

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

I know Mike Card, so I guess I'm qualified to comment. He is the biggest opportunist I have ever met. And I will never set foot in Capitola ever again, lest I be arrested for something like unbuckling my seatbelt before coming to a full stop at a gas station. And perhaps Mike should leave the girls alone at Starbucks when they are trying to do their job. Thank goodness Vicki had enough sense to divorce him before they ever had children. He only cares about himself. Loser.
Shauna from Wyoming

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Capitola wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be illegal!
Do you really know what you are talking about? I doubt someone can get two retirements. There are restrictions on such things.
Dave

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

Shauna from Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really know what you are talking about? I doubt someone can get two retirements. There are restrictions on such things.
get a clue lady ! this goes on ALL the time ..
anaon

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Welcome back to Capitola, Mike! We're excited to have your leadership back.
Answer to Curious

Prattville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

longtimelocal wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a law degree from an accredited law school in addition to his masters degree. I believe his masters degree is in criminal justice but I'm not 100% sure.
Sorry to burst your bubble longtimelocal, but her has a JD, from a non-accredited online school, which is not even recognized by Peace Officers Standards and Testing. I have a hard time believing he was ever even a cop, after some of the ridiculous things he said or did in Sheridan.
Wow

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

Funny how people complain about the police driving fast when they have no idea about what they are going to. If it were your family in distress, you would would want them to come at light speed.
Quit talking about things you know nothing about.
Cardisanidiot

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

So glad he is gone! California is much better without him. The City Council actually cancelled his contract early because he wasn't doing the job right. As far as his J.D. is concerned, he went to law school but couldn't pass the BAR. Glad that waste of space is gone! He was a terrible administrator and officer! He didn't know his officer's past their first name. What an idiot!!
the original curious cat

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Capitola PD is lucky to be led by Chief Rudy Escalante. He is everything you could want in a police chief: he's intelligent, he's physically fit unlike the three doughboys running the SCPD, and he takes crime seriously.

Rudy Escalante should have been SCPD's chief, but he was passed over for under achievers like Vogel, Martinez and Clark. Capitola's gain is Santa Cruz's loss.
DBS

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

the original curious cat wrote:
Capitola PD is lucky to be led by Chief Rudy Escalante. He is everything you could want in a police chief: he's intelligent, he's physically fit unlike the three doughboys running the SCPD, and he takes crime seriously.
Rudy Escalante should have been SCPD's chief, but he was passed over for under achievers like Vogel, Martinez and Clark. Capitola's gain is Santa Cruz's loss.
Shuddup ColbyLOON!!!

It's not the SCPD's fault that you're a failure and a loser.

It's not their job to fix the trainwreck of your miserable waste of a life.
the original curious cat

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

boo hoo. boo hoo. it's not my fault the SCPD is being taken to task for violating their oaths of office. stop whining crybaby.
quien sabe

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

the original curious cat wrote:
boo hoo. boo hoo. it's not my fault the SCPD is being taken to task for violating their oaths of office. stop whining crybaby.
Taken to task? Just like every one of John's "big win" or "they will pay for it" or "facing federal action" claims that years after the fact, hold no weight.

Cry me a river. Hope you can swim, lest you drown in your own sorrows, Pat.

Moving would have been so much easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Montebello Forum right now

Search the Montebello Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr cathyjudy 7,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr Mis kites 15,915
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr lackers 200,328
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Wed PEE PEE PETE 4,483
Delay likely in corruption trial for California... Tue Chacon-holics 3
What is the Worst Feature of the Proposed Monte... (Jan '14) Tue Chacon-holics 78
5-Year-Old Boy Dies After Getting Run Over By SUV (May '11) Jul 22 Tony 10
•••
•••

Montebello News Video

•••
•••

Montebello Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Montebello People Search