Doug

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

I heard from one of the window salesman that the triple pane Ply-Gem 200 series are very heavy and put alot of weight on the framing. I don't want to put windows in that could cause problems down the road. Also why are the triple pane windows so dark. I know they have more tint on them but you can't really see through them clearly. Should I be concerned about the total weight of these units and the darkness of the glass? Any problems with installations of 200 series triple pane? Also how expensive are the panels of glass if one breaks?
Donna Esposito

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Doug
As you can imagine you add an additional piece of glass there will be some added weight, however the windows still slide and lift extremely well. These windows are built very structurally sound and will last you a lifetime. In regards to the product being dark, again if you layer something with a coating it will be a bit darker vs. a standard dual glaze. There are several different glazing options amd depending on what you are trying to acheive there could be a different alternative for you. If you would like to contact me directly you can email me at DEsposito@plygemwindows.com and I can refer you to your area sales rep to discuss. Thank You for your interest in Ply Gem WIndows.
Donna Esposito
RegionalSales Manager
Gregg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

I am trying to get information on the ply gem 2600 series windows. Can anyone tell me about them?
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

were about to get teh plygem pro 700 jalousie windows.

reading all the reviews they are not all in favor of this company.

does anyone has any info about the jalousie windows they make or should we just forget about it and go with the milgard windows?

any comment is greatly appreciated

thanks
Michael

Parma, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

Just put triple glaze low-e/gray in a new home and with a 5mile an hour breeze, it sounds like an ELK bugling outside, horrible. The salesman says nothing can be done... DON'T BUY!!!! they are s***.
Alicia

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
Just put triple glaze low-e/gray in a new home and with a 5mile an hour breeze, it sounds like an ELK bugling outside, horrible. The salesman says nothing can be done... DON'T BUY!!!! they are s***.
Michael, have you tried contacting PlyGem service department directly and speaking with them, having them inspect? This does not sound normal. Unfortunately, as with most window brands you purchase through a dealer or big box store. Sometimes the problem is that the slaesperson knows little to nothing about windows and just wants to make the sale. If you were looking for soundproofing, your salesperson should know that triple-pane is not the best way to go. Being that you are in Idaho, triple pane could be a good idea because of the insulating value you will receive. I do believe that the windows should be inspected by a trained PlyGem service tech to see if there is some other issue happening. Could be as simple as the weatherstripping? Go directly to PlyGem if your salesperson has no interest in helping and direct the bad review at the company taht sold you the windows.
SteveO in MI

Ashley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Been Happy . Ithink of these as pretty high end-- butthe rest and industry probably mid line at best. I think that many installers in this range can be excellent or still bad. Mine gavives two years labor--I asked for 3 and he agreed without change of price-- and I am sure he wouldn't want to risk and cut back on install materials and workmanship. I think this is true of most windows, outside of obvious factory flaws,etc. I rthink if you look up comparable popular windows in this price range you will find the same complaint. SoI'm guessing in many instances it's perhaps even more important to get a good consciencious installer and have them back it at least a few full 4 seasoncycles. I f they're reluctant then it shows their lack of confidence in their product or their work or both.
bob

Lithonia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

How does ply gem Pro Series 800 compare to Jeld wen SCDH-30C80 clad casement windows?
greg

Cazenovia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Bought Mira series casements in 2009. They let in water and sills are not sloped to the exterior. Water pools up are crank mechanism. any body else??
andy

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

how does pgt aluminum winguard impact windows compare to ply gem builder's series impact windows?
read alot of negative comments for ply gem, but how about PGT?
Steve

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Plygem corona have the best Technicians to service windows by far! Very happy with the customer service!
Grandma in NC

Supply, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

To Whom It May Concern:
I have spoken with the Manager of PlyGem Windows, regarding my case. My home is just eight years old this month. I have had a representative of Beach Windows and Doors-, come and take pictures of my windows. He agreed they were grossly discolored, especially the top circle windows being almost white; while the color should be tan. He sent the pictures to PlyGem Windows in Rocky Mount. A technician came and examined the windows, taking many pictures, with the same opinion. I was even told there had been a defective batch of vynyl used in the past. I then had written to the Attorney General's Office; who also got in touch with PlyGem Windows, on TWO SEPARATE OCCASIONS. The company sent out a technician to repair the bubbling window sills by covering them with alluminum sheeting. He was given two gallons of Vynyl Paint to give to me to have my window trims painted. I contacted several painters who claimed they could not do it with the shape of the window frames. The Manager told me his company has had it done many times and even knew of a painter in New Bern, NC. I was told he would contact me, but I NEVER had such a contact. I did finally find a painter who has a background and degree in polymer paints. I feel the company should send the cleaner and the additional paint required to paint the number of windows I have. I further feel that the COST of the PAINTER SHOULD BE COVERED BY THE COMPANY!!! Many pictures were taken and all agreed of the defective vynyl. If the company is NOT WILLING to COVER the ENTIRE COST of this repair; they should REPLACE MY WINDOWS!!! If I do NOT hear back, I will be going to Small Claims Court and then on to a private attorney. Thank you for your attention and resulting action in this complaint. This letter of complaint had been sent to PlyGem Window Company, the names of the various people involved have been removed from this copy. I am VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THESE WINDOWS!!!
Jason H

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Plygem has a very clean work place I have been there for a walk thru as a new customer. Very friendly people..
John C

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

I'm looking for some feedback on what to purchase for
my townhome. I've had Home Depot come in and recommend VantagePoint 6500 Series made by Simongton and Lowes PlyGems 3600 Series. My gut feeling is the VantagePoint appears to be a better constructed unit with a Lifetime warranty on both labor and parts than the PlyGem 3600 which has Limited Lifetime Warranty on parts and Lowes 2 year Labor Warranty. The cost on VantagePoint is about $1500 more. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've searched the Web and have reached my limit.

Thanks in advance.
Joe Smith

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Sold these windows as part of our company line. We were scammed by our Salesman who gave us a friend as a reference and on a few other jobs when we had a service issue we had to wait months for the service man to show up twice. Even then he got it wrong and we found out he should have fixed it the first visit. I lost money on those deals and will not sell them today. I'll sell silverline or Polaris over Plygem. They are all about the same but priced better or with better service.
DonC

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

bob wrote:
How does ply gem Pro Series 800 compare to Jeld wen SCDH-30C80 clad casement windows?
I bought PlyGem windows last fall. Live in Buffalo, NY so I needed good windows. Performed very well as they should have as the top of the line window.
One big hitch in my satisfaction appeared when I needed to wash them this spring. My awning windows CANNOT BE WASHED from the inside. All of the others are a snap to remove. Contacted factory, their solutions: 1. Get on a ladder - not happening at my age, 2. Remove sash from the window, wash, reinstall sash. They even sent written directions (which I could not follow, and shouldn't have to), no illustration (which I may have been able to follow).
Bottom line: Very nice product if you do not need awning or casement windows or are OK with a climbing a ladder or not washing windows on the second floor, for the rest of the life of the Lifetime Guarantee. We have a casement, but it is on the first floor so not an issue.
Jan

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Mark D wrote:
A month ago, I had all my house windows replaced with Plygem Professional Series windows. Triple-Pane Low e. They look nice. It is alot quieter inside the house now. They seal good, but haven't had any real wind yet to check the seal. The locks are decent design. The real test of the windows will be this January....
So far, I'm happy with the windows.
They were installed by Procraft Windows - Mountlake Terrace -Seattle. The salesman was shady and dishonest in how he did his selling, but that is a different story. Paid the Premium price, but got Professional installed.
Mark, how did the windows hold up in January? It is June 2012; we are considering purchasing Ply Gem and most of these testimonials are negative. Yours is one of the few positive.
Mick Dallas Tx

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

I've been using Contractor 2000 series for a while. No problems at all. Very energy efficient and look good. So far all happy customers.
Roy

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Just after the warranty ended, we have had problems with fogging caused by broken seals in half of the 21 windows purchased. We dealt with what we thought was a reputable local dealer and since they no longer carry ply gem. I would definitely not recommend this brand. We have had most replaced at a great cost only to find additional windows from Ply Gem now fogging up as well.
Eric D

Gresham, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Keith wrote:
That should be "The warrenty covers the replacement glass, but NOT the labor to replace it. I'm not happy with this product."
What part of "limited" warantee is confusing? Limited has a meaning and it means limited to parts. sheesh...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Montebello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perez leaving 54 min Nodatroof 2
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr LM Dad 4,925
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 200,591
Debate: Ferguson - Los Angeles, CA 10 hr score pio 6
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 13 hr ESBP Ese Snoopy 527
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 23 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed facts faced 15,929

Search the Montebello Forum:
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at August 21 at 9:32AM PDT

•••

Montebello News Video

•••
•••

Montebello Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Montebello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Montebello News, Events & Info