Girl, 15, testifies in teacher's sexual abuse trial

When the first-grader would raise her hand in class, James Andrew Megaw would come to her desk, squat beside her, and press her hand against his crotch. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RanchoSider

Rosemead, CA

#22 Apr 20, 2010
Reality check wrote:
Kids Lie.
Adults Lie.
Lawyers prosecute and defend.
Jurors have to follow the directions of the judge and they can't have any REASONABLE DOUBT.
Well, sounds like they are going after a little doubt. This is our legal system. We have to let it do its job. I wonder how many good people tried to skip out on jury duty. He will be tried in the court of public opinion, but the legal system has to run its course. Either way, a lot of lives have been screwed
Exactlly!!.... When it comes to this type of case (with no actual hard evidence or real witnesses) the prosecuters can't get emotional. These are lives that are going to take a turn for the sureal once a decision has been made. All of them.
truthhurts

Chino Hills, CA

#24 Apr 20, 2010
Anon I be wrote:
Must have been a black illegal mexican in a white guy mask.... Trollololololol
yeah i bet you would love it to be that way,but just accept it,he's white and he's scum.
Another Reality

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Apr 20, 2010
My bullshyteometer tells me this girl is full of ****.
U GOT ME CONCERNED

Fontana, CA

#27 Apr 20, 2010
No Im the REAL SAW wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with the teacher implementing sexual education in the class room.
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU THINKING THIS IS OK?WHAT GOES ON IN YOUR BRAIN ONLY U & THE MAN UPSTAIRS WOULD KNOW,BUT MY OPINION UR A CRAZY NUT 2 THAT NEEDS SOME HELP,PLEASE SEEK IT!U MUST BE RELATED TO THIS "SO CALLED" TEACHER OF A **********NUT 2 THAT THOUGHT IT WAS OK 2 TOUCH KIDS WEATHER IT HAPPENED 2DAY OR 50 YEARS AGO,U R STILL A NUT & NEED URGENT HELP 4 THIS PROBLEM....PLEASE SEEK SOME HELP IDIOT!
Richard Cory

Agoura Hills, CA

#28 Apr 20, 2010
A five year old has the mental capacity to interpret
touching as a possible conclusion in the destruction of a marriage.
And now the same girl, at age 15, is "COMING FORWARD"
By 15 she probably realized that a financial windfall could be possible, remember Arizona is suffering a far worse economical deficit that most states and look at ALL the money being given away by the church scandals.
Time to take advantage of the cash cow.
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#29 Apr 20, 2010
They need to start video monitoring classrooms and schools so the truth about these cases comes out. Taxpayers deserve to be able to see what goes on in classrooms.
RanchoSider

Rosemead, CA

#30 Apr 20, 2010
California Sun wrote:
They need to start video monitoring classrooms and schools so the truth about these cases comes out. Taxpayers deserve to be able to see what goes on in classrooms.
I support and agree with this LOL
Insane

Beaumont, CA

#33 Apr 20, 2010
tax payer wrote:
<quoted text>no i dont! i just dont want you breathing my air!!!
Not air ah how old is your daughter?
look it up

Upland, CA

#34 Apr 20, 2010
“The most common overt aspect of pedophilia is an intense interest in children. There is no typical pedophile. Pedophiles may be young or old, male or female, although the great majority are males. Unfortunately, some pedophiles are professionals who are entrusted with educating or maintaining the health and well-being of young persons, while others are entrusted with children to whom they are related by blood or marriage.
The prognosis of successfully ending pedophilic habits among persons who practice pedophilia is not favorable. Pedophiles have a high rate of recidivism; that is, they tend to repeat their acts often over time.
The rate of prosecution for pedophiles through the criminal justice system has increased in recent years. Pedophiles are at high risk of being beaten or killed by other prison inmates. For this reason, they must often be kept isolated from other members of a prison population. Knowledge of the likelihood of abuse by prison personnel and inmates is not, however, an effective deterrent for most pedophiles”.
Read more: Pedophilia - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, person, people, used, personality, skills, health, traits, mood, Definition, Description, Causes and symptoms http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia...

(You are a sick basterd with NO cure,“You’re done Megaw”).

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35 Apr 20, 2010
Insane wrote:
She never said anything because she liked it.
You are one sick sob. Wonder how you would feel if it happened to someone you love.
FarmKid

Selma, CA

#36 Apr 20, 2010
These kids should have reported this to their parents who in turn could have called the authorities at the time these supposed abuses took place.Taking a witness stand at 15 years old which is about 9 years later doesn't cut it.Because her mother did not do anything when her daughter complained, she herself is also culpable of this so called abuse.
tax payer

Redlands, CA

#37 Apr 21, 2010
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>
Not air ah how old is your daughter?
i have free bullets for you come get them!!!!
bootsysmom

San Bernardino, CA

#38 Apr 22, 2010
Richard Cory wrote:
A five year old has the mental capacity to interpret
touching as a possible conclusion in the destruction of a marriage.
And now the same girl, at age 15, is "COMING FORWARD"
By 15 she probably realized that a financial windfall could be possible, remember Arizona is suffering a far worse economical deficit that most states and look at ALL the money being given away by the church scandals.
Time to take advantage of the cash cow.
She wasn't 5, she was about 8, in second grade.
Aly Kaydance Ross

Chandler, AZ

#39 Feb 4, 2013
I'm that girl. Don't think anything badly of my mom. She had my best interest at heart. I had been through enough in my life at that point she couldn't put me through that trial. I would have been eaten alive. You don't know or understand the pain it cause me to testify to begin with. Those other kids would have never had to go through that if I would have just spoken up. Okay this was my fault. Leave my mom out of this please..
JTS1962 wrote:
jhf, re-read the story. He never told her that his marriage would fail if she said anything. She believed that. How many 1st graders think like that? Not many, not even today. She didn't say anything to anyone until 2 years later, when she told her mother. And mom did nothing??? What kind of mother hears her daughter tell her that and does nothing??
Please. You say she had to have learned this somewhere, yeah she did. From growing up and hearing all about the rampant sexual abuse by clergy that was all over the news and tv. From growing up and talking with others.
Do I think anything happened 10 years ago to her? I don't know. I do know that what she says she believed back then isn't something that kids think at that age.
Am I defending him? NO way. If he did something, let him do the time. But it's hard to believe that a kid tells her mom something 2 years after it happens and mom does nothing. Just too hard for me to believe, especially in the era of "sue, baby, sue."
Aly Kaydance Ross

Chandler, AZ

#40 Feb 4, 2013
Another Reality wrote:
My bullshyteometer tells me this girl is full of ****.
My bullshyteometer is telling me you know nothing.
Aly Kaydance Ross

Chandler, AZ

#41 Feb 4, 2013
I just wish you guys understood. You all jump to conclusions about my parents and me. You don't know what happened to me before or after this. I beat my self up every god damn day, because it could have stopped with me. I was young and naive. I made a mistake but I tried to come forward to change it when I had the chance. Either way your comment made me feel like shit. Thank you for those who stood up and believed me and for those who didn't, I feel sorry for you because you are too simple minded to see the truth. James Andrew Megaw was a great teacher, but he is a horrible person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montebello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Revised EIR on Montebello Hills Proposal Still ... 1 hr Chacon-holics 10
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 2 hr Big mike 3
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr BU14 Silver 4,988
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr broombroom 200,977
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 27,419
Do you use self storage? (Feb '11) 10 hr Cory Trevor 27
Scam: Scammers defraud aspiring 'secret' or '... 10 hr Joan 1
•••

Montebello News Video

•••
•••

Montebello Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Montebello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Montebello News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montebello
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••