Fireworks in Montebello

Posted in the Montebello Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Stockton, CA

#1 Jun 24, 2006
It is high time the City of Montebello oulawed the sale of fireworks within the city limits. If this city wants to be considered a desirable venue to live in, it should come up with an ordinance to stop this annual madness.
On june 23rd around 10 pm, residents on 4th, 5th and 6th street were awakened to a terrible sound. This sounded like a quarter stick dynamite. On June 24th, around 7 pm there was another one that sounded like a cannon, scarred the hell of of elderly couple across the street.
We are breathing enough pollutants all year long in LA county. We ask people to quit smoking, we complain about the smog and her we are every year we breath unhealthy poisounus byproducts of firecrackers. I ask anyone that feels that fireworks should be illigal in this city, please contact me in this forum.
Blaster

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2007
I have lived in Montebello for 43 years. I have noticed that the intencity of the fireworks and there use has increased.
Montebello has not held a professional show
in Grant Rea Park for three years now.
I called Montebello Parks and Rec. and was told the reason was funding. It seems funny to me that the city can afford to mobilize our fire police and rescue units all night long but we cant afford to hold a public show.
I not saying that this would stop the illeagal
use of fireworks but it would offer an alturnitive.

Last night a parade of fire / police searched our safe and sane fireworks while on the next block we watched explosions light up the sky.

It is just a matter of time before fireworks of all kinds are illegal.

The problem is a culture of mexicans who do not
have any respect for the Laws of our city, state, or country and because of this we will lose this freedome too.

Thanks Mexico.

Setting off fireworks is an American Tradition and enjoying The 4th would not be the same without them.
phantommanuel

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 5, 2007
Another sign of people being ignorant...sure why not blame mexicans for everything...these days everyone wants the Mexican out of the country, WE are taking the jobs, WE are the bad ones...Let me ask you one simple question...when was the last time you saw a "black" or "white" selling fruit or flowers on the off ramp? Or better yet, when have you seen a "black or "white" at the local Home Depot waiting to be picked up to do the dirty jobs??? Never, you seen them begging for change, but never working at a bteer life. Yes, there are a few that are breaking the law, but there are also whites and blacks breaking the aw too...don't be so ignorant in stereotyping all law breakers as mexicans!!!
Blaster

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 6, 2007
So let me get this straight,
You have used the word WE often in your opion.
So have you taken the day off from your job as a day labor making tax free money to blog this site and voice your opion about how nobel and wise you are about the Mexican Mentality?
Sitting behind your expensive computer.
Most of the Mexicans I know will tell you that
whatever thay can get away with they will do.
The law does not apply to Mexicans? If I went to mexico and pulled this stuff there thay would put me in Jail. Until I could pay them off.

In the mexican culture as with all pesants from 3rd wourld nations, Trying to educate them
not only to try to asimulate to our belifes but somthing as simple as to flush the dirty tolit paper is OK, You dont have to through it behind the tolit. This is a simple example of
how you cant take a farm hand out of the fields and put them in a mix with the rest of
civilizied people.

I am of Latin desent and I am ashamed of what has become of MY people.

Things are different in L.A.
Lunchbox

Pasadena, CA

#5 Jun 23, 2008
I am of Mexican descent, and the only thing that shames me is the half-baked, borderline self-hating diatribes of "Latins" like you.

Learn to spell and use proper grammar, pendejo.
Gunny

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jun 30, 2008
Hot lead, and Cold steel is the only way to secure the border, and enforce the laws of this land...
Has a Heart

Burbank, CA

#7 Jul 1, 2008
Most Firework sales go to charity
so why would a FEW citizens want a BAN?
I know why, because they care more for their little "lap dogs" who get scared from fireworks than the money it raises for childrens' charities.
Kids can't STOP being poor, but you and your family and dogs can get in your car and leave the fireworks for a few hours, like dinner and the drive-in theater.
DO IT, it will make you and your community feel better.
As long as the sales from fireworks provide thousands of dollars toward helping kids, it's not going to stop.
From a Distance

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jul 1, 2008
Gunny wrote:
Hot lead, and Cold steel is the only way to secure the border, and enforce the laws of this land...
What does your comment has to do with fireworks?
From a Distance

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 1, 2008
I don’t even know where to start. I guess the easiest thing to do is go in order.
What is “opion”?
Day labor is not an occupation. Day laborer is an occupation. I’m sorry if you assume that Mexicans are day laborers. Some of us are doctors that are helping people of all nationalities in this country.
What is “thay”?
Mexicans in this country follow the rules and we stay away from trouble. Unfortunately, some people that are born here and are of Mexican origin know their “rights” and many times these people give us a bad reputation.
What is “pesants”? What is “wourld”?
You should visit a few third world countries, when you do you will see that the United States is not very different from them. However, the U.S. is very different and falls way behind countries like France, Switzerland, Canada, etc. when it comes to education, employment and healthcare system.
If it’s not possible for you to travel around the world, do it through books. You could start with National Geographic Magazine.

What is asimulate, belifes, somthing, tolit and civilizied?

What is desent? I think you mean descent. In any case, you cannot be of Latin descent because Latin is a language. Pick up a book, take a class! It’s never too late to learn my friend!
Blaster wrote:
So let me get this straight,
You have used the word WE often in your opion.
So have you taken the day off from your job as a day labor making tax free money to blog this site and voice your opion about how nobel and wise you are about the Mexican Mentality?
Sitting behind your expensive computer.
Most of the Mexicans I know will tell you that
whatever thay can get away with they will do.
The law does not apply to Mexicans? If I went to mexico and pulled this stuff there thay would put me in Jail. Until I could pay them off.
In the mexican culture as with all pesants from 3rd wourld nations, Trying to educate them
not only to try to asimulate to our belifes but somthing as simple as to flush the dirty tolit paper is OK, You dont have to through it behind the tolit. This is a simple example of
how you cant take a farm hand out of the fields and put them in a mix with the rest of
civilizied people.
I am of Latin desent and I am ashamed of what has become of MY people.
Things are different in L.A.
senior

Torrance, CA

#10 Jul 1, 2008
My how strange. Montebello can't even fix the pot holes in the streets. Now we have the fireworks at Grant Rae back. Where did the money come from to afford this again? The new city council should think of where this money could of been spent on much more needed things. I don't think things are improving since THE 3 WERE BOOTED OUT WITH UNFAIR LIES ABOUT THEM. Fireworks should be outlawed here im Montebello. It's like a fireworks show on the streets. Go up in the hills Friday and see all the action!!!!!!!!!!
Just a Comment

United States

#11 Jul 2, 2008
I love reading these blogs, shows so many sides of people,the good and the bad, but unfortunately until we takeresponsibilty for our own children, who most of the time are the ones out there at midnight setting these fireworks off, it wont stop, parents need to supervise there children and know where and what they are doing all the time, I see this often in my neighborhood, I just seen some kids throwing lighted fireworks up in the air while the mom stood by lighted them and passed them on her kids and then laughed when it almost hit one of them, that is just ignorant, and let me tell you this was not a mexican, black, or asian, so next time you want to blame a certain race you need to realize its everyone and race does not play a role, its just a lot of ignorant people.
Bob

United States

#12 Jul 3, 2008
Every single forth of July here montebello theres no night people lighting up the sky. all these illegal fireworks and stuff theres always people who ruin it, I was like to bone masterbate before the fourth of july so ill go right now bye bye
Montebello62

Huntington Beach, CA

#14 Jul 11, 2008
I agree that parents need to take responsiblity for what their kids are doing and unfortunately people that bring illegal fireworks ruin it for others. For all you seniors and those of you that complain about this once a year event. You don't like it, close your windows, put the tv on and let the others have their once a year fun. We have dogs, but on 4th of July we keep them inside with the doors and windows closed and the TV on. It's bad enough the City has taken away alot of the fun for the kids, what more do you want to take away, would you rather have them running the streets doing graffiti? As for how the city can spend the money on a fireworks show and not on potholes....for your information, budgets are allocated and can only be used for what it is allocated for, so the money for the fireworks show has nothing to do with the street maintenance, or other street issues. Besides they are completely different departments & budgets which wouldn't have anything to do with each other. Get a life people.
Montebello62

Huntington Beach, CA

#15 Jul 11, 2008
Bob wrote:
Every single forth of July here montebello theres no night people lighting up the sky. all these illegal fireworks and stuff theres always people who ruin it, I was like to bone masterbate before the fourth of july so ill go right now bye bye
There are kids that read these forums, have some class and keep it clean. That talk garbage isn't necessary.
42 Yr Mtb Resident

Beverly Hills, CA

#16 Jul 12, 2008
Blaster has a year on me, and I remember many, many illegal, loud fireworks when this city was only about 30% or less Hispanic. Almost all the people I saw setting off the illegal fireworks were White men. I don't agree that the intensity (or as Blaster would say, intencity) has increased. It gets higher and lower each year in the Sun Ray Estates area. I have yet to hear or feel the equal of the 1976 celebration. The house was shaking from reverbations and explosions until dawn. While most of the illegal fireworks are set off now my Hispanics, that is only because the city is now about 74% hispanic.
The main difference that I see and hear in the illegal fireworks is that the bottle rockets now are in red, white and green instead of red, white and blue as in the past. Much of the explosives were done by Veterans of WWII in the early days, and the police wouldn't bother them most of the time in deference to their status. The memory of Grant Rea, the person, was fresh in the minds of residents of the time, though he is now largely forgotten. Most Veterans would light off the explosives in the daytime, but some would always do it at night. The main concern of the time was bottle rockets or Roman candles setting on fire all the wood shingle roofs. The Veterans were usually so safe in handling the explosives that I don't remember a single adult or child being hurt from them. The only problems I remember came from children taking their parents' or older siblings' stash of cherry bombs or M-80s and blowing off hands or fingers. Most of the laws that Mexicans break are those that they have little choice in doing. They enter the country illegally because Mexico is such a hellhole compared with the US. They drive without licenses and insurance because they are afraid that getting either may attract the attention of the Migra. Those that are homeless (about 20% of the total in LA county) are, in large part, saving their rent money to send or take back to Mexico. Those that urinate outside or in public often cannot find open, clean, public restrooms open to them. While this doesn't justify their law-breaking, it does explain it. If I were born in Mexico, I would do all the things they do to live in the US.
the warlord

Cerritos, CA

#17 Jun 30, 2010
lokk all you idiots.white,asians, hispanics,not of you creeps belong to this country, the american indians was here first.thank god they killed gen custer.a long with other ididots who try to do away with the american indian. so f--k you.
MrDiaz562

United States

#18 Jul 4, 2010
This made me lol :3
I are latin too mr blaster.. xD
robert

Montebello, CA

#19 Jul 4, 2013
Blaster wrote:
I have lived in Montebello for 43 years. I have noticed that the intencity of the fireworks and there use has increased.
Montebello has not held a professional show
in Grant Rea Park for three years now.
I called Montebello Parks and Rec. and was told the reason was funding. It seems funny to me that the city can afford to mobilize our fire police and rescue units all night long but we cant afford to hold a public show.
I not saying that this would stop the illeagal
use of fireworks but it would offer an alturnitive.
Last night a parade of fire / police searched our safe and sane fireworks while on the next block we watched explosions light up the sky.
It is just a matter of time before fireworks of all kinds are illegal.
The problem is a culture of mexicans who do not
have any respect for the Laws of our city, state, or country and because of this we will lose this freedome too.
Thanks Mexico.
Setting off fireworks is an American Tradition and enjoying The 4th would not be the same without them.
you are an idiot who are you to demans that Montebello outlaw a annual tradition that is not only of Montebello but of the united states of America! also asking people that they stop smoking is down right fascist and none of there god damn business what we do as adults is none of any bodys damn business especially in there own home and legal at that so why don't you go and find a cave to live in!
Teacher

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jul 14, 2013
Spell check
John Wayne Quote

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jul 17, 2013
You can't fix stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montebello Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medical facility on Hacienda Blvd Hacienda 37 min Unknown 1
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 37 min Snoop Cat 249
Do you approve of Grace Napolitano as Represent... (May '12) 49 min Yg 3
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr REDNECK 5,024
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr do it here 16,011
Montebello Residents Ask For Condo Proposal RDE... 11 hr 42 yr North Mtb r... 2
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at September 30 at 12:52PM PDT

Montebello News Video

Montebello Jobs

Montebello People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Montebello News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montebello

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]