Medical marijuana laws keep Clifton man away from family

Jan 18, 2013 Full story: Clifton Journal

Even though there is a medical marijuana dispensary in Montclair, above, Clifton native and current Vermont resident Tim DaGiau, below, said traveling between states is difficult for someone who uses medical marijuana, as he does to help keep his epilepsy seizures under control.

Full Story
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Cannabis prohibition serves no legitimate purpose and is idiotic! Get DEA thugs out of the doctor patient relationship!
moved

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Cannabis prohibition serves no legitimate purpose and is idiotic! Get DEA thugs out of the doctor patient relationship!
What time is my exam?

Since: Apr 12

Glassboro, NJ

#3 Jan 20, 2013
The poor guy... that really is too bad... I wonder why the government doesn't just legalize it and clean up the industry. Aren't a lot of the problems and concerns with the drug results of the different and unsafe chemicals used on it during growth and production? All you have to do is make it safe through a more sterile growth environment and use of safer chemicals, and then you'd generally treat the recreational use like we treat the use of alcohol; encourage responsible use and try to punish recklessness. At the very least there shouldn't be such problems with the medical use. It'd be one thing if there were plenty of other medical drugs and treatments that worked as well, but when you have people suffering like this over a drug that shouldn't be so dangerous for a state to allow...:( I think legalizing it and turning it into clean business would be good... and it's not like being illegal has stopped many college students from using it. I'd wager that at least half of the people living on my campus smokes it, or at least have tried it... though I don't really get the appeal... smells funky and smoke in general kills me... though it's nowhere near as bad accidentally walking into a puff of weed smoke as it is walking into a puff of cigarette, or cigar smoke... let me tell you "Black & Mild"... nothing "mild" about that crap. It makes me nauseous... but I'm babbling. It's really too bad that this guy has to go through so much trouble.
newswatch

Clifton, NJ

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Haruko57 wrote:
The poor guy... that really is too bad... I wonder why the government doesn't just legalize it and clean up the industry. Aren't a lot of the problems and concerns with the drug results of the different and unsafe chemicals used on it during growth and production? All you have to do is make it safe through a more sterile growth environment and use of safer chemicals, and then you'd generally treat the recreational use like we treat the use of alcohol; encourage responsible use and try to punish recklessness. At the very least there shouldn't be such problems with the medical use. It'd be one thing if there were plenty of other medical drugs and treatments that worked as well, but when you have people suffering like this over a drug that shouldn't be so dangerous for a state to allow...:( I think legalizing it and turning it into clean business would be good... and it's not like being illegal has stopped many college students from using it. I'd wager that at least half of the people living on my campus smokes it, or at least have tried it... though I don't really get the appeal... smells funky and smoke in general kills me... though it's nowhere near as bad accidentally walking into a puff of weed smoke as it is walking into a puff of cigarette, or cigar smoke... let me tell you "Black & Mild"... nothing "mild" about that crap. It makes me nauseous... but I'm babbling. It's really too bad that this guy has to go through so much trouble.
IT IS LEGAL FOR HIM WHO NEEDS IT FOR MEDICAL PURPOES!

Since: Apr 12

Glassboro, NJ

#5 Jan 22, 2013
newswatch wrote:
<quoted text>IT IS LEGAL FOR HIM WHO NEEDS IT FOR MEDICAL PURPOES!
... So why does he have to go to such lengths for access to it? All of the taboo on it is just ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montclair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 71,225
West Orange School Shooting??? 3 hr So Nasty and So R... 120
Bradley Stone cleared by Veterans Affairs docto... Dec 18 cletusbrown 1
Review: Cameron Animal Hospital - George L Came... (Jan '09) Dec 14 Dan 50
The Children's Shelter behind Geriatric Center ... (Nov '13) Dec 13 Recognise This Story 134
Review: Associates In Prosthodontics (Aug '08) Dec 8 Amber Johnson 2
Save & Rave Consignment Shop Dec 4 TomD 1

Montclair News Video

Montclair Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Montclair People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Montclair News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Montclair

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]