Montclair temporarily allows temple t...

Montclair temporarily allows temple to increase visitors during...

There are 42 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 24, 2009, titled Montclair temporarily allows temple to increase visitors during.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

The city has agreed to temporarily increase the number of people allowed in the Vedic Temple to accommodate a three-day event that kicks off today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned resident

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Sep 26, 2009
How can the City of Montclair act so negligently? These people make noise, leave trash, and act irresponsibly. This is NOT a Hindu Temple, but a front for the Cult of Nithyananda. Just do a Google search for ‘Nithyananda Cult’ and you will see.
Must be a slow news day

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Sep 28, 2009
All I found was a lot of stuff about how its not a cult. Defenitions of a "cult" aside, its not criminal to be in one anyway. They are not dangerous, do not leave trash (I drive by the temple everyday) and make less noise than the bars in town and quinceñera/b-day/whoo-hoo its friday parties in town, so why complain about them. And what is it they have done that is "irresponsible"? Just because they aren't christians doesn't make them evil people...Besides, have you forgot the constitution? They can worship a slug if they wanted to.
SAW

Diamond Bar, CA

#3 Sep 28, 2009
concerned resident wrote:
How can the City of Montclair act so negligently? These people make noise, leave trash, and act irresponsibly. This is NOT a Hindu Temple, but a front for the Cult of Nithyananda. Just do a Google search for ‘Nithyananda Cult’ and you will see.
I don't know why this is even news, except to warn people in the area that there might be increased traffic for the duration of the assembly. I'm sure the City took the Fire Marshall into this decision, because that would be the main concern--whether or not the facility would be safe with the increase in people. I doubt that you have ever been there. They do not interupt anything, and they do not leave trash.
safety1st

San Francisco, CA

#4 Sep 29, 2009
I am absolutely shocked to know that the City of Montclair has almost doubled the maximum occupancy rate for the Nithyananda Vedic Temple Yes, I have been there, and it gets very crowded. During events, all of the parking for neighboring businesses gets taken including Burger King and 24 Hour Fitness. But, this is just a minor offence compared to what could happen. What if there ever was an emergency? I doubt that 684 people will be able to evacuate safely and orderly. What does it take for the city to understand? Charred bodies? Trampled children? The City would never do such a thing for a restaurant, banquet hall, senior center, etc.? Why the exception? Perhaps in next year's election, the mayor can explain in detail.
SAW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Sep 29, 2009
The City would not have approved the event without first clearing the necessary channels for assuring safety of the attendees.
SEE

San Francisco, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2009
Must be a slow news day wrote:
All I found was a lot of stuff about how its not a cult. Defenitions of a "cult" aside, its not criminal to be in one anyway. They are not dangerous, do not leave trash (I drive by the temple everyday) and make less noise than the bars in town and quinceñera/b-day/whoo-hoo its friday parties in town, so why complain about them. And what is it they have done that is "irresponsible"? Just because they aren't christians doesn't make them evil people...Besides, have you forgot the constitution? They can worship a slug if they wanted to.
Well, I did a Google Search for "Nithyananda" and "cult", and I found most of the results indicated that Nithyananda and the Vedic Temple is a cult. Here, you can try it, yourself:

http://www.google.com/search...

Other than the Vedic Temple website, something from a Yahoo! answers page (that looked like it was written by a Nithyananda cult member), and this post about how Nithyananda is a cult or not a cult, all the other links showed that Nithyananda and his Vedic Temple is a cult. There are headlines like "Nithyananda Rapes Holy Mountain", "Debunking Nithyananda with Science", etc. Why there are several blog sites just dedicated to ex-members of Nithyananda's cult and how they escaped the cult's practices.

If someone did a search for "Cult" and "Nithyananda" in YouTube, then many anti-Nithyananda videos come up. There are even play lists just dedicated to exposing that Nithyananda is a cult. One of them is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list...

In these videos, there are posts documenting how cult members went crazy during Nithyananda programs, how Mother's lost children to the cult of Nithyananda, how Nithyananda gets cult members to change their names, etc. There's even one post under the video "Appeal to holy merchant Paramahamsa Nithyananda" that tells about how Nithyananda entertained attractive ladies in his private room for hours, but pretends to be a celibate monk. Shameful.

You stated that it is not criminal to be in a cult? What if the cult breaks the law and runs an illegal immigration racket? Defrauds taxpayers, and defers 'donations' to purchase gold flowers to be placed at Nithyananda's feet in India? There seems to be a fine line of what is legally acceptable here, and a full criminal investigation would be worthwhile.

Why the City of Montclair allows this cult to be here, let alone, allow it to expand the number of people by over twofold does not seem to exercise good judgment. Perhaps the City of Montclair was sweet-talked by these cult members.
safety1st

San Francisco, CA

#7 Oct 2, 2009
SAW wrote:
The City would not have approved the event without first clearing the necessary channels for assuring safety of the attendees.
I would like to think that the City of Montclair did due diligence and really thought out the safety implications before it increased the maximum capacity from 326 to 684 people for the Nithyananda Vedic Temple in Montclair.

But, something doesn't add up here. That is an increase of 358 people, which is more than double the original amount. So, we have some unanswered questions/issues/possibilities :

1. Why the huge increase? Was the City of Montclair not accurate and diligent in its original assessment? If yes, then this increase is WAY OFF scale. It is as if the temple and doubled its floor space, which is not physically possible.

2. Perhaps the City of Montclair was sweet-talked by the members of the Vedic Temple. Now, I must admit, these members are very polished at convincing other people to join their cause. That's all they do. With just a slight adjustment, I'm sure they could have expanded their skill set to include having their occupancy rate increased... by over 100 percent! I would be very sorry to think that the City of Montclair endangered people's lives just to be accommodating.

3. Although I hate to think it, having that big of an occupancy rate hike (beyond 100 percent) does raise eyebrows. Perhaps some 'special deal' was sealed between the two parties. Although bribes are frowned upon in the US, it does happen. In other parts of the world, it often is just part of doing business.

I challenge the City of Montclair to come clean on this issue, and post some sort of reasoning behind such a huge increase in occupancy rate. I would like to remind those in the public sector that elections are just a year away. Unless this issue is cleared now, this could become election fodder for your opponents.

Thank you for your consideration.
SAW

Claremont, CA

#8 Oct 3, 2009
safety1st wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to think that the City of Montclair did due diligence and really thought out the safety implications before it increased the maximum capacity from 326 to 684 people for the Nithyananda Vedic Temple in Montclair.
But, something doesn't add up here. That is an increase of 358 people, which is more than double the original amount. So, we have some unanswered questions/issues/possibilities :
1. Why the huge increase? Was the City of Montclair not accurate and diligent in its original assessment? If yes, then this increase is WAY OFF scale. It is as if the temple and doubled its floor space, which is not physically possible.
2. Perhaps the City of Montclair was sweet-talked by the members of the Vedic Temple. Now, I must admit, these members are very polished at convincing other people to join their cause. That's all they do. With just a slight adjustment, I'm sure they could have expanded their skill set to include having their occupancy rate increased... by over 100 percent! I would be very sorry to think that the City of Montclair endangered people's lives just to be accommodating.
3. Although I hate to think it, having that big of an occupancy rate hike (beyond 100 percent) does raise eyebrows. Perhaps some 'special deal' was sealed between the two parties. Although bribes are frowned upon in the US, it does happen. In other parts of the world, it often is just part of doing business.
I challenge the City of Montclair to come clean on this issue, and post some sort of reasoning behind such a huge increase in occupancy rate. I would like to remind those in the public sector that elections are just a year away. Unless this issue is cleared now, this could become election fodder for your opponents.
Thank you for your consideration.
The people who are working don't even look at these blogs. If you have such concern about this event, you could get your clarification by attending a City Council meeting and filling out a card to speak during the public comment section.
safety1st

San Francisco, CA

#9 Oct 3, 2009
SAW wrote:
<quoted text> The people who are working don't even look at these blogs. If you have such concern about this event, you could get your clarification by attending a City Council meeting and filling out a card to speak during the public comment section.
Public opinion does count. Even yours.
SEO Consultant

Palo Alto, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2009
SAW wrote:
<quoted text> The people who are working don't even look at these blogs. If you have such concern about this event, you could get your clarification by attending a City Council meeting and filling out a card to speak during the public comment section.
Yes, SAW, in the old days, you are certainly correct. If you wanted to make a point that Nithyananda's Vedic Temple is a cult operation and that Nithyananda is a fraud to the Mayor of Montclair, Paul Eaton, you would go to a City Council Meeting and meet Mayor Paul Eaton directly and submit the question to Mayor Paul Eaton.

But thanks to the internet, users can post information notifying that Nithyananda is a cult, the Vedic Temple is a brainwashing front, and that there is a possibility a slew of crimes including fraud that Nithyananda and his henchmen have committed. When Mayor Paul Eaton does a search about Mayor Paul Eaton, he'll certainly find this information available to him as if I submitted it directly to Mayor Paul Eaton himself.

In fact, when Mayor Paul Eaton runs for re-election, his opponents will search for issues under Mayor Paul Eaton and find this information that Nithyananda is a cult, and perhaps they will raise it as a campaign issue to Mayor Paul Eaton. They will ask Mayor Paul Eaton why on his watch did the cult of Nithyananda come to Montclair and what was he thinking when he allowed them to double the cult's occupancy rate in the Vedic Temple?

If Mayor Paul Eaton does not use the internet, then perhaps some of the other elected officials of the City of Montclair will do searches on their names. These includes Mayor Paul Eaton's team of: Mayor Pro Tem John Dutrey, Council Member Leonard Paulitz, Council Member Carolyn Raft, Council Member Bill Ruh, City Manager Lee C. McDougal, Secretary to the City Manager Sharon Agajanian, City Clerk Donna Jackson, and Departmental Secretary Yvonne Smith. I'm sure that all of these public officials will be very concerned to see that the City of Montclair does not have any subversive, fraudulent, and criminal elements resulting from Mr. Nithyananda, the Vedic Temple, and his cult members.

But, just in case, perhaps an inspired reader would like to go to the City of Montclair Council meeting and raise the question of why Mayor Paul Eaton and the City of Montclair allowed Nithyananda under the cloak of the Vedic Temple raise the occupancy rate more than two-fold by doing it the old-fashioned way.
SEO Consultant

Mill Valley, CA

#11 Oct 12, 2009
Good news. Google has indexed this blog page about Nithyananda, his Life Bliss Foundation, and his Vedic Temple being a fraud and a cult. When someone searches for "Mayor Paul Eaton", Google now places this page at no. 6. If someone searches for "Paul Eaton Montclair", Google ranks this page as no. 4. If someone searches for "Mayor Paul Eaton Montclair", this page comes in at no. 2 for Google.

I'm sure that Mayor Paul Eaton of Montclair, California is aware that Nithyananda, the Life Bliss Foundation, and the Vedic Temple is a fraudulent cult (as opposed to a legitimate cult), and that Mayor Paul Eaton should probably not increase the occupancy rate or Mayor Paul Eaton might suffer voter backlash in next November's election for the City of Montclair.

Our SEO results for Mayor Paul Eaton's City of Montclair team of Council Member Carolyn Raft, Council Member Leonard Paulitz, Council Member Bill Ruh, City Clerk Donna Jackson, Mayor Pro Tem John Dutrey, Departmental Secretary Yvonne Smith, City Manager Lee C. McDougal, and Secretary to the City Manager Sharon Agajanian didn't do as well, but I'm sure that next time, we will do even better. I am positive that Mayor Paul Eaton's team will want to do the right thing to keep the City of Montclair free of cults. Thank you.
Innocent Bystander

San Francisco, CA

#12 Oct 25, 2009
There certainly is some interesting information about Nithyananda and his cult in this blog I came across in the Guruphiliac Forum:

http://nithyananda-cult.blogspot.com

I kind of hope his operations in Montclair get shut down if this is the type of person Nithyananda is.

Any comments?
Ron Hatcher

Bellevue, WA

#13 Oct 26, 2009
Believe me, your concerns are totally valid. I know about this Indian cult since my husband was deeply involved in it and he finally realized the fradulent activities going on there and got of out of it last year. Check out their website - www.dhyanapeetam.org The fees they charge (in the name of donations) is unbelievably high.$6000 for a 21 day program and $8000 for a 3 month residential program. And none of this goes to charity. What they do in India is their business but alteast in our country and city we should not let them cheat our innocent people in the name of spirituality!
Meet the Press

San Mateo, CA

#14 Nov 2, 2009
EXCELLENT INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITY

Wow, there seems to be quite some controversy if Nithyananda, the Life Bliss Foundation, and the Vedic Temple is a cult or not a cult and if the City of Montclair, particularly Mayor Paul Eaton, made some special deal with this organization in exchange for pledges, votes, etc.

It would be a pity if Mayor John Eaton sold out the safety of the people just to get some personal or political gain in exchange for more than doubling the Vedic Temple's occupancy rate.

I bet this would make an excellent article for some investigative journalist to discover if Nithyananda, the Life Bliss Foundation, and the Vedic Temple is a cult or not a cult and if there were any improper dealings from Mayor Paul Eaton and his team.

Something smells pretty fishy to me, and I bet there will be a lot of readers interested to know.
SEO Consultant

Tanuku, India

#15 Jan 16, 2010
Now that I came here to India and saw for myself that the Nithyananda Organization is indeed doing a lot of good stuff, I take back my words. He is indeed truly doing amazing work for mankind and humanity. He is setting a tremendous example.
emily dickenson

Whittier, CA

#16 Jan 17, 2010
lol u all are silly, the people that attend this temple are pleasant I live in the city and have not encountered a single problem with the temple or its visitors. Traffic big whoop, it's a Sunday I stay home too many bible preaching pushy people out and about!
Consider this

United States

#17 Jan 17, 2010
It couldn't be anymore dangerous than the baby-killing center just a block west of there. Family Planning Associates kills 30 to 50 pre-born babies a week. Most on Tuesdays from 8:00AM to Noon. FPA has been there 40 years. I don't think the city is too concerned about human safety.
SEO Consultant

San Jose, CA

#18 Jan 18, 2010
Wow, I was in India and the brainwashing and black magic from that fake guru, the so-called Paramahamsa Nithyananda was too much! For a very brief time, I was brainwashed into thinking that scum was actually divine... just like all the other followers did. But, now I am back, and I have full control over my mind and thoughts again. And I can see clearly. That was scary.

I did a quick search on the internet to try to understand all of these bad cult things such as the thought control that I experienced, I found these links:

This link is about Nithyananda's dark tantric practices using weird things like human hair and chilies in his fire rituals:

http://nithyananda-cult.blogspot.com/2009/11/...

And this link tells about strange 'graveyard' happenings that others experienced. Frightening:

http://nithyananda-cult.blogspot.com/2009/10/...

And, this link is all about his Graveyard practices including midnight tours deep into the cemetery:

http://nithyananda-cult.blogspot.com/2009/10/...

This man is very scary. I'm glad that all of these stories and more all come up in top searches in Google. Don't do the mistake that I did, stay away from Nithyananda and his Vedic Temple in Montclair.

And, all the 'good' things in India that Nithyananda claims to be doing are just photo ops. He's taken all the money from the U.S. and siphoned it off to build a big stadium and other ego projects. He's really evil and deceptive.
Nithya follower

Woodford Green, UK

#19 Jan 19, 2010
Also, I was a close follower of Nithyananda. But when i got more closer and as closer to his inner circle then i found it was a big farce. The whole organisation is run like an enterprise, a business. What justification is that to charge $6000 for a 21 day inner awekening course? and at the end of the 21 day, he blesses everyone that "YOU ARE ALL ENLIGHTENED" now. I was one among them. Are we really enlightened??? God..
Any dog will feel good if he is in an environment away from day to day worldly activities just doing yoga, meditation, eating sathvic food and listening to good things.. But is the dog going to be enlightened. I was part of the bunch of fools.
During the course of this program, lot of marketing is being nailed into our heads on how to spread the word and how to bring more people for the next inner awakening program.
It is like "speak good to 5 people" and 2 will attend.
Dear Folks, please wake up. Please believe in reality.
Money talks and if you have to get Nithya sir's special blessings you need to have money.
What actually does he do to you or what has he done to you rather than just a feel good factor with his well prepared speeches???
Regards, a realised soul and a human being.
Anonymous

New York, NY

#20 Jan 25, 2010
This same post was posted in Guruphilliac by Bhakthananda!! what a coincidence!!! same words!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montclair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Chosen Traveler 36,327
Dirty snapchat!! (Oct '16) Jul 13 Jenny 22
News Maurine Laney makes bid for magistrate judge (Apr '10) Jul 11 Lily Gutierrez 47
News Ontario man accused of child sexual abuse Jul 11 Friend 1
News Charter Oak takes charge (Dec '08) Jul 8 Charger pharts 36
News The roiled solar power market shows how Trump's... Jul 7 Solarman 1
Helicopter search? Jul 5 Ditto0108 1

Montclair Jobs

Personal Finance

Montclair Mortgages