Message from a Topix Moderator

Message from a Topix Moderator

Posted in the Montcalm Forum

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#1 Mar 26, 2011
Hey folks-

Just noticed several threads about high school students around these parts and wanted to pop in to say these threads are not kosher with Topix! There was even a story featured a few days ago in KY about our policies on this - http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/mar/24/...

Anyhow - we mods are keeping an eye on Montcalm. Don't forget that posting personal info about others without their permission is a no-go. If you see any content you think we need to take a look at, let us know! You can click "report abuse" in any post and we'll take a look!

Thanks,
Top Mod 5
(admin@Topix)
Jes Me

Welch, WV

#2 Mar 26, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
Hey folks-
Just noticed several threads about high school students around these parts and wanted to pop in to say these threads are not kosher with Topix! There was even a story featured a few days ago in KY about our policies on this - http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/mar/24/...
Anyhow - we mods are keeping an eye on Montcalm. Don't forget that posting personal info about others without their permission is a no-go. If you see any content you think we need to take a look at, let us know! You can click "report abuse" in any post and we'll take a look!
Thanks,
Top Mod 5
(admin@Topix)
Most of the threads on this community need removed most are giving people information without their permission and talking about high schoolers I have reported abuse several times to no avail. What exactly does a post have to say in order to be removed? Because I have seen some on here that gives people's first and last name and a lot of personal information. There has already been one homiside because of this site in our area what more is it going to take?
imo

Sneedville, TN

#3 Mar 26, 2011
I think the whole site itself needs taken off!!!!!!
Snow Man 101

Princeton, WV

#4 Mar 26, 2011
imo wrote:
I think the whole site itself needs taken off!!!!!!
I Couldnt Agree More!

Topix Headquarters

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Jes Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the threads on this community need removed most are giving people information without their permission and talking about high schoolers I have reported abuse several times to no avail. What exactly does a post have to say in order to be removed? Because I have seen some on here that gives people's first and last name and a lot of personal information. There has already been one homiside because of this site in our area what more is it going to take?
Hi Jes Me-

Just send us any content you think needs to be removed and we'll take a look. Generally speaking, posting personal information about another person without their permission is not okay, and names of minors also not okay.

thanks,
tm5
Jes Me

Welch, WV

#6 Mar 29, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jes Me-
Just send us any content you think needs to be removed and we'll take a look. Generally speaking, posting personal information about another person without their permission is not okay, and names of minors also not okay.
thanks,
tm5
I have resubmitted it but it is still on here,
concerned mom

Franklin, TN

#7 Mar 29, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jes Me-
thanks,
tm5
I come onto topix once a week just to make sure none of my kids names are on it because of the way people trash others so THANK YOU for monitoring and removing!!!

Topix Headquarters

#8 Mar 31, 2011
Jes Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I have resubmitted it but it is still on here,
Hmm. I've taken care of all the feedbacks specifically addressed to me. And our feedback queue is an extremely quick turnaround right now - so I'm not sure what the deal is with your specific request. Just post a link to the content here in this thread I'll take a look from here.
Concerned

Sevierville, TN

#9 Jun 5, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. I've taken care of all the feedbacks specifically addressed to me. And our feedback queue is an extremely quick turnaround right now - so I'm not sure what the deal is with your specific request. Just post a link to the content here in this thread I'll take a look from here.
How about do your job and remove your website completely. Sorry but you haven't removed a single thing. How would one be able to talk to your legal team to sue your company? If you are going to say certain things are not ok and no-goes, then why doesnt it get removed? This website is only used for trash and should be taken down. I'm more than willing to go to court over this matter as well if something is not done immediately! We can click report abuse until our fingers turn blue but you won't remove anything. Keeping an "eye" on montcalm isn't doing anything. It's like saying to a child, "stealing is wrong, so when I find out that you've been stealing, we are going to have a pizza party in your honor." more or less, not doing a thing! Hope you get the point.

Topix Headquarters

#10 Jun 7, 2011
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
How about do your job and remove your website completely. Sorry but you haven't removed a single thing. How would one be able to talk to your legal team to sue your company? If you are going to say certain things are not ok and no-goes, then why doesnt it get removed? This website is only used for trash and should be taken down. I'm more than willing to go to court over this matter as well if something is not done immediately! We can click report abuse until our fingers turn blue but you won't remove anything. Keeping an "eye" on montcalm isn't doing anything. It's like saying to a child, "stealing is wrong, so when I find out that you've been stealing, we are going to have a pizza party in your honor." more or less, not doing a thing! Hope you get the point.
Hi Concerned-

I definitely understand your frustration. Please remember that Topix is a HUGE website and we just can't be everywhere at once. We have removed quite a bit of content from this forum specifically, if you'd like, you can address your Feedback requests specifically to me and I will make sure they are handled. We don't always have time to respond to individual feedback requests but we do review *each* request we receive!

Are there specific threads that you've asked us to review for removal that still remain on the site?
tm5
Mama Mia

Princeton, WV

#11 Aug 8, 2011
Good job moderator!! Tell them, if they didnt act like a bunch of ignorant hillbillies and post stupid crap that the whole world could see, there wouldnt be a problem. They thing topix is Jerry Spinger fodder. Frankly, I hate to say I am from the area because of the way the idiots act. Just because they quit school in the 8th grade, have never been to a dentist, and are 5th generation welfare recepients they dont have to act like they have no class whatsoever!!!
yup

Clay, WV

#12 Aug 22, 2011
I think it would be GREAT if you people would just GET RID of this website. It probably ruins people's lives everyday. And you have people on here stealing people's identities and acting like them. That's not right.
Black Man

Oakvale, WV

#13 Aug 22, 2011
yup wrote:
I think it would be GREAT if you people would just GET RID of this website. It probably ruins people's lives everyday. And you have people on here stealing people's identities and acting like them. That's not right.
Let me help you on that request. IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF A WEBSITE, STOP GOING THERE! If people want a TV or Radio show off the air or a Website off the Internet then STEP ONE: DON'T GO THERE because everytime you visit the site you generate ad revenue just like when you watch a TV show you see advertising which makes money. It's not Topix website that is destroying lives, it's the idiots that use it and there are far more idiots on Facebook doing far more insidious things to ruin other people's lives.

And if you think getting rid of Topix or Facebook will stop this behavior then you're dumber than you think, WAY DUMBER.

WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY DUMBER.
a shame

Rupert, WV

#14 Aug 28, 2011
Mama Mia wrote:
Good job moderator!! Tell them, if they didnt act like a bunch of ignorant hillbillies and post stupid crap that the whole world could see, there wouldnt be a problem. They thing topix is Jerry Spinger fodder. Frankly, I hate to say I am from the area because of the way the idiots act. Just because they quit school in the 8th grade, have never been to a dentist, and are 5th generation welfare recepients they dont have to act like they have no class whatsoever!!!
You need to watch who ALL you are calling uneducated, ignorant hillbillies!! Its people like YOU thats giving this site a bad name!! Alot of people on here are not Serious with there comments and want to stereotype everybody and run everybody in the ground!! Alot of people need to GROW UP an take SOME of the forums serious, at times it could come to good use!! ITS A GOOD THING MOST PEOPLE ON HERE DONT USE THERE REAL NAMES OR THERE WOULD PROBABLY BE ALOT MORE PEOPLE GETTING THERE A$$ KICKED!!
a shame

Rupert, WV

#15 Aug 28, 2011
Black Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you on that request. IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF A WEBSITE, STOP GOING THERE! If people want a TV or Radio show off the air or a Website off the Internet then STEP ONE: DON'T GO THERE because everytime you visit the site you generate ad revenue just like when you watch a TV show you see advertising which makes money. It's not Topix website that is destroying lives, it's the idiots that use it and there are far more idiots on Facebook doing far more insidious things to ruin other people's lives.
And if you think getting rid of Topix or Facebook will stop this behavior then you're dumber than you think, WAY DUMBER.
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY DUMBER.
Its not the websites its stereotypical people like you and most of your comments that screws things up!! FACEBOOK is NOTHING like this site!! Most people on this site cant be SERIOUS about anything!! People need to grow up!!!!
Black Man

Oakvale, WV

#16 Aug 28, 2011
a shame wrote:
<quoted text>Its not the websites its stereotypical people like you and most of your comments that screws things up!! FACEBOOK is NOTHING like this site!! Most people on this site cant be SERIOUS about anything!! People need to grow up!!!!
my comments? Like I said moron, if you don't like this website then quit coming here. Everytime you come here you put money in their pocket. Can your evolved brain understand and process the ability to not come to this website? Stupid people should not be allowed on the internet.
a shame

Rupert, WV

#17 Aug 28, 2011
Black Man wrote:
<quoted text>
my comments? Like I said moron, if you don't like this website then quit coming here. Everytime you come here you put money in their pocket. Can your evolved brain understand and process the ability to not come to this website? Stupid people should not be allowed on the internet.
If stupid people should not be on the internet than you definately shouldnt be on here!! And like i said Moron, people like you that put absurd comments on the serious forums are what gives this site a bad rep! Me personaly i LIKE comeing on here, It never fails to amaze me how so many inmoral, inmature people have so much stupidity in there comments on serious subjects! I just dont understand what is wrong with so many people these days. This could at times be a usefull site for passiing information about events and happenings IF people would use it as such, instead of useing it just to act like a total idiot, and spread rumors about people and subjects that they know nothing about!
Black Man

Oakvale, WV

#18 Aug 28, 2011
a shame wrote:
<quoted text>If stupid people should not be on the internet than you definately shouldnt be on here!! And like i said Moron, people like you that put absurd comments on the serious forums are what gives this site a bad rep! Me personaly i LIKE comeing on here, It never fails to amaze me how so many inmoral, inmature people have so much stupidity in there comments on serious subjects! I just dont understand what is wrong with so many people these days. This could at times be a usefull site for passiing information about events and happenings IF people would use it as such, instead of useing it just to act like a total idiot, and spread rumors about people and subjects that they know nothing about!
So besides being incredibly stupid you are also a blatant liar. I don't make stupid comments on serious forums but everything you have ever posted has been nothing but proof of your idiocy. Now run along little man, I think Jersey Shore is starting soon so you can watch your moral and intellectual equivalents.
a shame

Rupert, WV

#19 Aug 28, 2011
Black Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So besides being incredibly stupid you are also a blatant liar. I don't make stupid comments on serious forums but everything you have ever posted has been nothing but proof of your idiocy. Now run along little man, I think Jersey Shore is starting soon so you can watch your moral and intellectual equivalents.
HA HA HA HA HA BOY that was a good one!! LMAO You aint as smart as you think you are, ive seen plenty of your comments on plenty of forums and frankly, like alot of other people on here, some actualy make since and then out of nowhere there will be one WAY out of context. Im also on here as PISSED OLDSCHOOL REDNECK so we have been through this shit before. Come on down to Montcalm one day and ill show you just how much of an IDIOTIC little man i am LMAO!! And ill say once again one of these days maybe some of you will grow up and find something better to do than to try and run everybody else in the ground, but i doubt it. By the way what the hell is jersey shore, Im a working family man i dont have time for tv?????
1 post removed
questioner

Maringouin, LA

#21 Sep 18, 2012
why do you moderators call the word screwing bad when used on anti islamist but allow much worse when its about christianity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montcalm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Game - Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Jul '11) 39 min Intrepid Surfer 6,586
"cola" nicole simpson (Dec '10) 44 min Cola 27
Create your own Forum 49 min Jonas 736
into the mystic 1 hr Simone 25
pageant dress 2 hr pageant mom 62
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 3 hr Theo 3,561
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Theo 2,877
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montcalm Mortgages