Skatetown-Greenvalley
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anonymous

Bluefield, WV

#1 Sep 29, 2010
why doesnt anyone go there anymore?? it used to be so much fun. now when you go its just dead. the same kids that have been going there forever are all you see. there isnt even that many people on all night skates. its so dead. i heard the owner said if they dont start getting business they are closing down.
JEEP OIIIIO

Haysi, VA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
That would be sad :( I grew up at the rink back when Danny and sherry (my mom) ran it, man oh live that was some huge fun all night skates, speed teams, and all the great friends and people that came there and it was good trouble free fun for kids and family. I like the variety of music that was offered tue night Christian,wend. night country, and well fri and sat was the real fun. The good ol' days for sure!!!!
dgirl

Beckley, WV

#3 Sep 29, 2010
JEEP OIIIIO wrote:
That would be sad :( I grew up at the rink back when Danny and sherry (my mom) ran it, man oh live that was some huge fun all night skates, speed teams, and all the great friends and people that came there and it was good trouble free fun for kids and family. I like the variety of music that was offered tue night Christian,wend. night country, and well fri and sat was the real fun. The good ol' days for sure!!!!
I had called about a purchasing a private party for my child and they want $250 for a private party for 2 hours. I remember like a year and a half ago it was 125. That is ridiculas. If they keep that up they probably will shut down. Very sad. Kids need somewhere to go
JEEP OIIIIO

Haysi, VA

#4 Sep 29, 2010
dgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I had called about a purchasing a private party for my child and they want $250 for a private party for 2 hours. I remember like a year and a half ago it was 125. That is ridiculas. If they keep that up they probably will shut down. Very sad. Kids need somewhere to go
Unreal I remember it being only $ 50.00 for a privite party on a sat. They made there money at the consesson area. Back then it was about making the customers and kids happy at a reasonable price. Wow things sure have changed!!!!
agree

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 29, 2010
dgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
It has got too expensive. I know a lot of people whose kids, mine included, that used to have their birthday parties there and don't anymore cause it costs too much.
ptown

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Sep 30, 2010
Well im almost 30 and was never allowed to go because everyone i knew called the skankinrink. Lol.
lmao

Beckley, WV

#7 Sep 30, 2010
lol kids can do so much there lol i lost my virginity there in the laser room 8 years ago lol. So yeah dont let you young kids go by thierselves. Let me tell you the workers could care less what the kids do.
1 post removed
speedskater

Lebanon, VA

#9 Oct 1, 2010
the last time i went the owner was very rude with me ..a guy had feel and obviously broke his leg.. and no one was tending to the guy so i went and told the owner that the guy feel and broke his leg and the response i got was..UR NOT A DAMN DR WE DONT KNOW THAT ITS BROKE... how the hell does this woman know if I was a dr...do dr's not skate or something.... and i had also asked her about some wheels that same night and she told me that the wheels cost to much for my skating ability...WTF...ok I was on a JAM team,and a speed team for several years, not to mention I also worked there for a few years but the wheels cost to much for my skating ability.. OK? I think she needs to move her ass back to florida and some one buys the rink and turns it into a indoor paintball arena...
hah

Dickson, TN

#10 Oct 1, 2010
When i was younger and went I had quite a few run ins with jealous kids who wanted to start fights and things. It was ridiculous, I was a kid who was too shy to bother anybody and you'd have kids start fights with you. There were always too many nasty people there.

It went downhill after the laser tag was removed for whatever reason!
I hope

Bluefield, WV

#11 Oct 1, 2010
I hope someone decent buys it and starts all over to make it a better place for kids to go and skate and have fun!
JEEP OIIIIIO

Rupert, WV

#12 Oct 1, 2010
I hope wrote:
I hope someone decent buys it and starts all over to make it a better place for kids to go and skate and have fun!
YEA !!! HOPE SO TO, LIKE BACK IN THE 80'S AND 90'S, WHEN SHERRY A. AND DANNY D. RAN IT THEN .WHEN DANNY SOLD OUT JOHN AND SHERRY RAN IT ,GOOD STUFF THEN LASER TAG , PUTT PUTT ,LOT'S OF GAMES AND ACTIVITIES GOING ON EVERY MONTH ALWAYS AN ALL NIGHT SKATE ONCE A MONTH AND ALL KIND'S OF FUN STUFF FOR THE KID'S. WHAT HAPPENED TO DEBBIE ISNT SHE STILL MANAGING THE PLACE ? WHO IS HUMMM JUST WONDERING..
reaL

Bluefield, WV

#13 Oct 2, 2010
anonymous wrote:
why doesnt anyone go there anymore?? it used to be so much fun. now when you go its just dead. the same kids that have been going there forever are all you see. there isnt even that many people on all night skates. its so dead. i heard the owner said if they dont start getting business they are closing down.
I KNOW IT HAS WENT DOWN HILL WHEN I WAS A TEEN IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER BUT I WOULD HATE FOR IT TO CLOSE I JUST STARTED TAKING MY SON THERE IT NEEDS SOMEONE TO PUT SOME MONEY INTO IT THE KIDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO HERE AS IT IS
derby girl

Bluefield, WV

#14 Oct 2, 2010
If they moved it to princeton, they would have alot of business I'm sure.
not responsible

Spanishburg, WV

#15 Oct 2, 2010
the new owners suck i dont let my kids go there at all anymore first week they had it they were kicking kids out because they wasnt skating and had took their skates off i have also seen them kick children out not waiting for a parent to be there to get the child so its not a chance im willing to take i know of one child they told to leave the property and he couldve been injured or worse walking away from there late on a friday night they use no common sense
Heather

Marion, VA

#16 Oct 2, 2010
I LOVED Sherry! She was an awesome boss!
Becky

Frisco, TX

#17 Oct 2, 2010
I used to work therean my uncle John was the manager, it used to b so much fun when i was younger thats were i met my first Love an were the was drama at time but it was the place to be i had so much fun and it just has went completly downhill i hate it now i wish my uncle would manage it again it was great
Glenn Beck

Princeton, WV

#18 Oct 2, 2010
no won goes thare cause the hole place is full of quares and naygras. them thare quares hang out in the shitter suking eech uthers peckers and the naygras wach
Squeeze

Clay, WV

#19 Oct 2, 2010
dgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I had called about a purchasing a private party for my child and they want $250 for a private party for 2 hours.
I called about a week ago and I tried to set up a birthday party for 11 year olds.. and they wanted $129, which isn't bad.. but I only could invite 10 kids including my daughter.. which is just retarded, how can u tell ur daughter.. "Hunnie u can only invite 10 ppl" with her having so many family members and friends..So we are doing something else, so they lost out on my business..
Skatetown

Bluefield, WV

#20 Jul 25, 2011
That's the worst place around here they are really rude wish Debbie would move back to Florda where she came from
used to be cool

Beckley, WV

#21 Jul 25, 2011
The place was cool. I used to go every weekend,and every all night skate. Until,Debbie called my mom because I was holding my boyfriend's hand,when two people beside us were laying under a blanket on top of each other,and she just kept walking by them. Then,she got mad because I told my mom she was being rude to me. And,so she kicked me out. I went back to the last all night,and a girl wanted to fight,I told Debbie&she just ignored me and walked on. So,I left early and I won't be going back. The skating rink will be out of business if someone doesn't buy it out. I'm just sayin'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montcalm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Deal and her daughter... 1 hr Curious 1
Food Word Game (Feb '15) 1 hr luci 4,716
Home is Where the Heart is ~ A thru Z ~ (Jul '16) 1 hr luci 3,322
So Who are the biggest Drug Dealers In Montcalm? (Jun '11) 1 hr A calm person 49
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 14 hr The real_trainstop 4,316
tina and fredy (Apr '17) Dec 12 gen 4
Disgusted (May '17) Dec 10 sherri 2

Montcalm Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Montcalm Mortgages