Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Contr...

Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

There are 5105 comments on the Roll Call story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2283 Aug 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still haven't answered, mamma's boy: what makes you think the 2nd Amendment gives you the right to carry any gun anywhere any place anytime you please?
Here's another question for you. In the context of the 2nd-A, what does the phrase "shall not be infringed" mean?(this oughta be good...(snicker))

Do you have the intestinal fortitude to answer the question honestly?(LMAO!)

Southeast Virginia

#2284 Aug 30, 2012
Here you go, Barefoot. Read this and educate yourself a little (if you dare): http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/unabridged....

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2285 Aug 30, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!!! You truly are pathetic, troll. Please show me where in the 2nd-A that the govt has the right to tell me where and how and what I carry for my pwn protection.
WAH WAH WAHH!

Show us where in the second amendment you have the "right" to unrestricted possession or carry?

WAH!

Here is a hint: SCOTUS says you don't and even SCALIA says you don't.

No one cares that you want to protect yourself, pusspuss, and you need a gun instead of a spine to do it. They care that you- like more than 13,000 others, average, per year, in the USA, are going to kill someone else.

Usually: the wife.

Do let me know where you find a clause anywhere in the US Constitution that gives you the right to kill someone else that isn't putting your in mortal danger.

Southeast Virginia

#2286 Aug 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
WAH WAH WAHH!
Show us where in the second amendment you have the "right" to unrestricted possession or carry?
WAH!
Here is a hint: SCOTUS says you don't and even SCALIA says you don't.
No one cares that you want to protect yourself, pusspuss, and you need a gun instead of a spine to do it. They care that you- like more than 13,000 others, average, per year, in the USA, are going to kill someone else.
Usually: the wife.
Uh, yeah. I'm part of the other 307,987,000 people that DIDN'T kill anyone else. Sorry to disappoint (not really).
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Do let me know where you find a clause anywhere in the US Constitution that gives you the right to kill someone else that isn't putting your in mortal danger.
Never said any such thing nor implied any such thing, troll. Not that I would expect you to be intellectually honest about anything (like it is even possible for a boot-licking troll such as yourself). Try again.
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#2288 Aug 30, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson was a brilliant man. But being brilliant does NOT mean he was right on absolutely everything.
So he was "brilliant" but you think he wasn't "right" on everything. Was he wrong on some things that you don't agree with?

He also thought there should be a "wall of separation between church and state"...How many Christians think he "wasn't right" about that either...

So can we say our Founding Fathers, no matter how "brilliant" made mistakes, and we should be able to judge their decisions and adjust our government accordingly...?

Should we get to vote on their decisions... according to our opinions as to whether they were right or wrong?

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2289 Aug 30, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be in Florida before Christmas. I would like to see your BAR. My Dad used one in WW II on Corregidor.
There are two different Browning BARs.

One is the M1918

Mine is
http://www.gunsinternational.com/BROWNING-BAR...

I do have the Belgian made. Sweet shooter

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2291 Aug 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the gun gnutters have to edit and lie about the second amendment and state rules to suit their arguments.
Are you unable to read complete sentences?
Have you read the Heller decision?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2292 Aug 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matta, boy: don't you know what the second amendment is?
Why do you insist on editing, boy?
Do show us the ENTIRE second, BOY and underline the part that you think gives you the right to carry any gun any time any where you want, putting aside you have to carry to replace the spine most men have?
The right to bear arms belongs to the people. SCOTUS disagrees with your nonsense.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

From the above link, reliable source and the text of the Heller decision

The Second Amendment is naturally divided into two parts: its prefatory clause and its operative clause. The former does not limit the latter grammatically, but rather announces a purpose. The Amendment could be rephrased,“Because a well regulated Militia is necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.” See J. Tiffany, A Treatise on Government and Constitutional Law §585, p. 394 (1867); Brief for Professors of Linguistics and English as Amici Curiae 3 (hereinafter Linguists’ Brief). Although this structure of the Second Amendment is unique in our Constitution, other legal documents of the founding era, particularly individual-rights provisions of state constitutions, commonly included a prefatory statement of purpose. See generally Volokh, The Commonplace Second Amendment , 73 N. Y. U. L. Rev. 793, 814–821 (1998).

This is from several paragraphs further into the SCOTU decision

We therefore believe that the most likely reading of all four of these pre- Second Amendment state constitutional provisions is that they secured an individual right to bear arms for defensive purposes.

From the Syllabus
Held:
1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

Location hidden

#2293 Aug 30, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, yeah. I'm part of the other 307,987,000 people that DIDN'T kill anyone else.
Most mass killers didn't kill anyone and the NRA fights for the right for them to have 100 round magazines and unrestricted access to deadly weapons right up to the point to do so right seconds before they pull the trigger.

And still waiting for you to quit diverting and respond to the question: why is it you insist the Supreme Court is wrong when they say you do not have the right to carry any gun any time anywhere you want.

Location hidden

#2294 Aug 30, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to bear arms belongs to the people. SCOTUS disagrees with your nonsense.
Actually, SCOTUS backs everything I have said so far.

You have swallowed too much NRA protein shake thinking otherwise.

Location hidden

#2295 Aug 30, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
The Second Amendment is naturally divided into two parts
One sentence. SCOTUS hasn't had a problem understanding it.

The NRA and fellow gun gnutters do.

Location hidden

#2296 Aug 30, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
and the text of the Heller decision
The Heller decision does not give you and your fellow gun gnutters unlimited access to firearms, possession or carry, no matter how hard you stomp your ignorant tea bag feet and no matter how hard you flail your NRA position papers.

Location hidden

#2297 Aug 30, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<oint (not really).
<quoted text>
Never said any such thing nor implied any such thing, troll.
You pathetic lying troll: you paraphrased the 2nd amendment three timers and then only after I pointed out did you post the entire amendment and then before you took another breath you paraphrased it again.

What you haven't done is to provide anything from SCOTUS to back you up and you can't and won't because you don't know what the phuck you are talking about and in fact I have truly represented what SCOTUS has said (and has said over the last 100+ years) in this matter.
SpongeBob

Fresh Meadows, NY

#2298 Aug 30, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
From the above link, reliable source and the text of the Heller decision etc...
Justice Scalia said …."Undoubtedly some think that the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."

It sure is debatable...and no one is calling for the "extinction" of the Second Amendment...It just needs some updating for the world we live in....I think Jefferson would agree....
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#2299 Aug 30, 2012
Gun control is like trying to stop DUI by taking cars from sober people.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2300 Aug 30, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
Gun control is like trying to stop DUI by taking cars from sober people.
You have not been sober your entire adult life.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2301 Aug 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Heller decision does not give you and your fellow gun gnutters unlimited access to firearms, possession or carry, no matter how hard you stomp your ignorant tea bag feet and no matter how hard you flail your NRA position papers.
While true SCOTUS ruled the right to bear arms belongs to the people. Like it or not, that’s the way it is.

You’re a flaming idiot full of assumption. I have not nor will I ever be associated with the Tea Party. Their early roots were noble but the organization has turned more than a bit offensive. Much like the Occupy Wall Street idiots so many fools on the left embrace.

It really must suck to be you.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2302 Aug 30, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice Scalia said …."Undoubtedly some think that the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."
It sure is debatable...and no one is calling for the "extinction" of the Second Amendment...It just needs some updating for the world we live in....I think Jefferson would agree....
On what basis do you think Jefferson would agree? Same basis people like Fred Phelps believes god approves of his actions?

The second amendment is fine the way it is. Over the next few years this nation will relax more gun laws. Have you noticed even Democrats shy away from gun control?

Bloomberg, one of your cheerleaders should have been arrested for sending his goons to Georgia to illegally make straw purchases to further Bloomberg’s anti-gun crusade. Why is that?
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#2303 Aug 30, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you lie about? Quite obvious really.
Everyone knows the question was not f-ing.
I neither dodged nor deflected, I offered my opinion of what mattered. We can argue all day about the color of the sky. Our debating the issue will not do anything to change its color.
Now you certainly have a right not to care for my answer, but I am unwilling to get into a debate for the 45th time on gun threads about whether their should or should not be any gun laws.
its no ones fault but your own that it takes 45+ times for you to get it through your head what the words
"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means
if you dont like it there are lots of countries where you might feel safer

go see for yourself

try syria or greece for example
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#2304 Aug 30, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the United State of America the Constitution states that SCOTUS is the arbitrator of all things Constitutional. That leaves SCOTUS in the position of determing what the 2nd Ammmendment means regardless of what you and I think. You may not agree with their determination, but it is what we use as a basis of law.
That is what I think.
wrong again loser

what exactly do the district courts decide ?

take the 9th district court for example ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California: The Crazy State 25 min guest 276
News Heartland Institute to teach financial literacy... 16 hr Uncle Hunker 1
Is Governor California Gerry Brown's Position o... Sat Sad State of Affairs 2
Wow Sat Marked 1
Wells Fargo Gets Fined a billion Dollars Apr 20 Wishing 1
News Prosecutor Charged With Suppressing Evidence In... Apr 18 debbiesue 1
My special one (May '17) May '17 Alice 1

Montara Jobs

Personal Finance

Montara Mortgages