High schools issuing breathalyzer tests

High schools issuing breathalyzer tests

There are 3 comments on the WWLP story from Oct 11, 2009, titled High schools issuing breathalyzer tests. In it, WWLP reports that:

Students in the town of Foxborough are taking a test and it's not your average exam.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWLP.

aMonsonMom

Easthampton, MA

#1 Oct 13, 2009
I am all for it! I think it is about time the children are accountable for their actions rather than untouchable. I think there should be a fee associated with positive readings, that will offset the cost of the breathalyzer and assure the involvement of the student's family. The family often is disconnected with their own teenage children and may not be aware of the problem. I do not think this would create an issue for long when other students see the consequences of their classmates actions. I believe this would deter others from trying alcohol, at least at school. Underage drinking is not only illegal and dangerous but it is also disruptive to teachers and students who are trying to get an education in a public school system that has a hard enough time providing an education between dealing with the behavior problems and parents who would rather defend their child than look at the issue at hand. Pair that with mcas and other government mandates dictating what can and will be taught and teachers have enough to worry about, I think they should be able to send the kid to the nurse or principal to handle the breathalyzer testing.
So, we remove the illegal, disruptive behavior and send them the bill (like a speeding ticket). Problem solved.

“We are what we remember.”

Since: Oct 09

Southwick, Massachusetts

#2 Oct 14, 2009
I think that is the most ludacris idea I've ever heard. It creates an atmosphere of distrust all around. And it creates yet another burden on an already overworked school system. I wouldn't send my kid to a public school anywhere in this land, but if I did I wouldn't send him to a school where that was going on. I have an idea... Why don't you parents out there raise your own children and stop leaving it to the school systems.
Wonder Of It All

Springfield, MA

#3 Oct 20, 2009
Perhaps they should start at the legislature and work their way down to city hall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Approach the bench: Adams attorney 'eager to ge... Mar 3 Arnold Ziffel 1
News Hinds' early work unveils platform of social, e... Feb '17 Cops are Degenerates 1
News Family mourns teen found stabbed in East Boston Feb '17 former democrat 4
With Trump, does anyone see a return of manufac... Jan '17 Anonymous 1
New building being built on Boston Street in Lynn Nov '16 midtempo 1
mike mayo (Aug '13) Apr '16 Ohio 2
Maura Murray & Beauharnois (Dec '13) Apr '14 lita 3

Monson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monson Mortgages