Fine for religious rite's messy remai...

Fine for religious rite's messy remains in Rockland County

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 17, 2008, titled Fine for religious rite's messy remains in Rockland County. In it, Newsday reports that:

An organizer has been fined $3,000 for leaving a mess on a suburban county's property after conducting an ancient Jewish ritual that involves slaughtering chickens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

LIer

Bronx, NY

#1 Jan 17, 2008
Way to go, Moshe, blame it on your kid.
Sammie Lucas

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jan 18, 2008
I am surprised that the Mr. Lefkowitz had to pay a fine. It seems that these "religious" ones are not made to do anything considering they have the Supervisor of the town of Ramapo in their back pocket.
John Neiman

Stratford, CT

#3 Jan 18, 2008
First of all, did the congregation have permission to conduct such a ritual on property that wasn't theirs??? 11,000 chickens???? How many people were there? Where were the Animal Rights people? and finally, what kind of a spineless adult would pass blame to his son????
Joanna Tierno

AOL

#4 Jan 20, 2008
While everyone has a right to their religious beliefs, physical sacrifices can't be tolerated and a symbolic (non- living) substitutes should be suggested. Some religions used to sacrifice people and the human race has evolved and its no longer acceptable. The same is true for those poor chickens and they should be protected from such things.
Kevin

Fair Lawn, NJ

#5 Jan 23, 2008
Lets see if THEY pay IT!
Kevin

Fair Lawn, NJ

#6 Jan 23, 2008
Sammie Lucas wrote:
I am surprised that the Mr. Lefkowitz had to pay a fine. It seems that these "religious" ones are not made to do anything considering they have the Supervisor of the town of Ramapo in their back pocket.
amen brother!!!!
Dick Hertz

Randolph, NJ

#7 Jan 23, 2008
WHAT! IS THIS THE 11th CENTURY?
ELEVEN THOUSAND CHICKENS? WHAT?
I CAN'T REALLY BE READING THIS IN 2008 IN THIS ONCE GREAT COUNTRY CALLED THE UNITED STATES!
WHERE IS PITA? WHERE IS THE ASPCA? THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT?
ALL SCARED S HIT TO MESS WITH THESE IDIOTS.
HEY MOSHE, IT'S 2008 DAMM IT. SWING YOUR KIDS OVER YOUR HEAD AND LEAVE THE FRIGGIN CHICKEN ALONE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the red rail (Nov '08) May 1 dingaling 33
News Megalith plans 150-unit Dumbo rental - " with p... (Feb '14) Apr 27 aadrivers 10
Anyone know a good pain management doctor in ro... (Apr '11) Apr 21 Hurtperson 16
News Dow dips below 10,000, then bounces back (May '10) Apr 11 UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 3
News Ramapo has better uses for its $16.5M (Sep '10) Apr 11 Heather 2
Suffern MIddle School Graduation (Jun '11) Apr 11 Heather 2
News TZ plan a dud without public transportation (Dec '11) Apr 11 Heather 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monsey Mortgages