Wounded boy found loaded gun under so...

Wounded boy found loaded gun under sofa cushion

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 27, 2007, titled Wounded boy found loaded gun under sofa cushion. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

A 5-year-old boy was accidentally shot in the leg by a loaded gun he found under a sofa cushion in his home, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Jason

Baltimore, MD

#1 Dec 27, 2007
Baltimore is a wasteland. Do I need to answer my door with a gun now? Hello? Elected officials, law enforcement? You are strangely silent on this NATIONAL CRISIS.
Kevin

Hartford City, IN

#2 Dec 27, 2007
Jason, what does Baltimore being a wasteland have to do with this youngster accidentally shooting himself? Maybe the posts got mixed up, Anyway, his parents should be locked up for leaving a gun around where the child could get to it. Every time something like this happens, it gives the anti-gun nuts a rallying point to stick it to those who may want to keep a loaded gun within reach. They'll trot out the stat that says you're more likely to be shot with your own gun than shooting an intruder. That statement is untrue since no one reports it to the police that they just thwarted a crime by showing the perp a weapon. This is just a sad preventable accident that someone should be severely punished for.
Nemo Tomato

Ontario, CA

#3 Dec 27, 2007
Knucklehead Parents
man

Forest, VA

#4 Dec 27, 2007
Nemo Tomato- you have no idea what an understatement that is...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monrovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car Burglaries on Troon Circle July 3rd Jul '17 mtairyresident 1
News Officials: Vape pipe sparked fire; dog possibly... Jun '17 Cath League of Du... 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Bill Grimes-Wyatt 20
Has anyone heard loud booms near bloom drive (Sep '16) Feb '17 Det Curry TPD 4
Any other horny guys who like to play xbox 360 ... (Feb '15) Jan '17 Renkoboi 2
Moving to Germantown (Aug '06) Nov '16 DMC 183
new no Parking signs on Grand Elm (Jul '12) Oct '16 Roady Roadington 3

Monrovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monrovia Mortgages