Hendricks planners OK concrete-mixing...

Hendricks planners OK concrete-mixing plant

There are 36 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 9, 2008, titled Hendricks planners OK concrete-mixing plant. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Despite neighbors' objections about noise and environmental hazards, the Hendricks Area Plan Commission voted Tuesday for construction of a concrete mixing plant near Exit 59 of I-70. The planners' vote is a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
James

Brownsburg, IN

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Milton wrote:
You are right Linda. I personally knew someone a few years ago who had lived in farm country, no businesses within miles, they had less than one acre of ground appraised for $125,000. A developer came thru and started buying land around this person to build subdivisions and within a year, they sold out for almost $200,000. They also had the option of moving their house since the company was going to tear it down anyway. They opted to sell the house and the buyer moved it rather than them move it themselves. They sold the house for another $40,000. They came out pretty good and didn't have to live in the middle of the subdivision. That was their choice.
And for you James, why do you care about something that is 10 miles from you? I doubt you will be sprinkled with concrete dust and I darn sure know your property value will not decrease. Why are you arguing with Andy? You have no idea what you're talking about. Another case of people meddling in other's business. Where I come from, people don't take kindly to nosey neighbors, if you know what I mean. I'm sure Andy doesn't have sleep in his eyes.....he's been up all night protecting his Mayberry. Somebody needs to because they sound pretty dumb.
Milton no ones worried about something 10 miles away! This proposed batch plant is appox. less than 1 mile away from exit 59, southwest!
Linda

AOL

#22 Jan 10, 2008
Jen wrote:
Linda, You have no clue what you are talking about!! They want to zone it major industrial. Major industry is nothing close to commerical This does concern the people who live near this purposed concrete plant. some live 1/4 mile from the site. These people live on the Morgan County side and are in Monroiva's buffer zone. the proposed plant is in Hendricks County. They already have a concrete plant in Plainfield and guess what??? They want to get rid of it because of the mess it creates, and nothing has grown in that area. This propose site will be 2 mile from the town of Monrovia. These people don't even get to vote out the people making these decisions they live on the wrong side. As for propery value you really are clueless do you think these people went in not knowing what was going on. They had a broker comply a study about these kind of business going in near thier homes. Thier propery values are going to decrease 30%. This company is not going to buy thier property later on. Morgan county continency plan is zoned Residentual and Ag. Monrovia will not change thier properties to major industry. Hendricks county not even concern about the traffic this type of business will generate. This will be a 24 hour operation, 20 trucks an hour not including the trucks bringing in material.
I see we have another nosey party from 15 miles away, what a surprise. Are you afraid that you too will be sprinkled with cement dust or smell the odor? Let me enlighten you a little. Of course the people who live "on the wrong side" don't get to vote out the people making the decisions. The only people who can vote are the Hendricks County BZA, the commissioners and the town council. It's not a matter of which side of the road you live on moron. As far as the cement plant in Plainfield, of course there has been no growth, there is no room for growth. That road is only 1/2 mile long and is already packed full, there is no land available for growth. In Monrovia where the proposed plant is going in, there is plenty of room for growth. As far as Monrovia not changing their zoning, it would cost the land owner money to change their zoning and Monrovia will do anything for a buck, I'm quite sure of that. Especially after they allowed the vinyl village to go in on farm ground, zoned ag. I didn't realize that concrete plants were open 24/7, running 20 trucks an hour, for that I apologize. I would think there would be an ordinance against that but maybe not. I know in certain areas, you are not allowed to begin construction until a certain hour due to ordinances but I'm not sure about this situation.
Milton

AOL

#23 Jan 10, 2008
James wrote:
<quoted text> Milton no ones worried about something 10 miles away! This proposed batch plant is appox. less than 1 mile away from exit 59, southwest!
I know where it is James. What I'm saying is that these people who are complaining about it live 10 and 15 miles away from where the plant is going in so why do they care?
Jen

Brownsburg, IN

#24 Jan 10, 2008
Linda, When I said you could not vote you "MORON" No one on the Morgan County side can vote those commishioners out of thier office. Just how far are you from this proposed site!!! I'm a lot closer than you think. There is plenty of room for growth in Monrovia the right kind. not a plant like this. If you know so much. Let me enlighten you. There have been people already approached about buying their land for hotels, restraunts and so forth. They were told if this concrete plant went through they were not interested in buying their land any more. As for the Vinyl villiage. believe me the people who live in Monrovia did not want those homes going in. The town was told many many times this kind of housing they did not want. they needed homes on bigger lots and higher scale homes, that would genrate more tax money. People fought against it but as usual no body cares how the majority feel. The town of Monrovia deserves those homes, they keep voting in the idiots who make those decisions. so I guess we agree on one thing.
Linda

AOL

#25 Jan 10, 2008
You are soooooo right, Jen, about the vinyl village and they do deserve the trash they will have to look at in about 5 or so years when half of them sit empty because the owners can't afford them anymore and the resale value on homes like that decreases drastically. I always laugh when I drive by there and say, "I couldn't be a drinker and live there because I'd come home drunk and go to the wrong house", since there are only 3-4 colors and they all look the same. I hope their addresses are posted for the delivery people's sakes. Back on the subject of the concrete plant. We have both voiced our opinions and seem to be taking this out on each other which is silly, if you think about it. None of this would even be going on if it weren't for this same company buying all that land just north of I70 on 1000 S west of 39 and also the land on 39 where the theme park was suppose to go in years ago. They need the concrete plant close to that huge construction site, which I can understand that. BUT wouldn't it have been much easier on everyone out here for that company to purchase or lease the 20 EMPTY warehouses in Plainfield south of the mall instead of buying up farm land to build more? To me, that would have made much more sense. What happens when these companies buy all the farm ground? Will we have to import our food? It's really sad if you think about it. Some of these families have been on the same farms for generations but money talks and they did get some pretty good money. I'd like to think money doesn't make the world go round but unfortunately it seems to sometimes. Believe me, I truly don't want anything of the commercial type being built out here in farm country, I don't care what it is. I wish everything could stay ag, I come from a farming family and that has been my whole life. My whole point was that people should be allowed to do what they want or sell to who they want and outsiders who don't even live near the area, should butt out. I didn't mean to be so rude to you personally and for that I do apologize.
Jen

Brownsburg, IN

#26 Jan 10, 2008
Linda, Thank for the apology, I was rude back to you, and I should not have been, for this I apologize also. For putting the concrete plant close to the constuction site was voiced. There are plenty of people in that area willing to sell thier land, but their asking for more money from Sanders than he's willing to pay. Have you been into the vinyl village? I have it looks like Heartland crossing all over. There's no room in the new school, poor planning, and too many new homes.
We have stated our opinions and I agree it's silly to take it out on each other. So lets call a truce. Have a good evening!
Linda

AOL

#27 Jan 10, 2008
Thanks for accepting the apology. Although I don't know you, I do care how I treat people and what they think, I'm not an evil person and I was very rude also. No, I have not been thru the vinyl village but that's funny because you are the 2nd person to say the same thing this week. I must go check it out but I'm sure I would puke. I'm sure Sanders is wanting to get off as cheap as he can. That's why he's worth millions, I doubt he got it all honestly. I still say it would have been cheaper for him in the long run to utilize the empty Plainfield warehouses and leave us alone! You have a great night.
Linda

AOL

#28 Jan 10, 2008
One more thought about the vinyl village - I believe it's called "Homestead". Does that not just sound cheap? The name just goes right thru me for some stupid reason. Doesn't even sound like an intelligent name for a sub division but then again, I'm not surprised.
James

Brownsburg, IN

#29 Jan 11, 2008
Milton wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where it is James. What I'm saying is that these people who are complaining about it live 10 and 15 miles away from where the plant is going in so why do they care?
The reason I am commenting is because I attended The public hearing and it seems from my perspective hendricks politions are totally ignoring morgan county residents concerns,also there were hendricks county resident expressing there concerns and they were blown off!!!
Milton

AOL

#30 Jan 11, 2008
James wrote:
<quoted text> The reason I am commenting is because I attended The public hearing and it seems from my perspective hendricks politions are totally ignoring morgan county residents concerns,also there were hendricks county resident expressing there concerns and they were blown off!!!
I understand what you're saying. No one can fight the politicians, that's for sure.
concerned

Bloomington, IN

#31 Jan 17, 2008
As someone who lives less than 5 miles from the proposed site on the Hendricks County side, I can tell you it does concern everyone in the area, not just someone living next door. People purchase homes in rural areas for specific reasons - some of which include less traffic, less noise, smaller schools, no cookie cutter subdivisions, lower over all crime rate, etc. In exchange, you drive farther to reach shopping, fore go pizza delivery, and commute longer, among other things. Buying a home in a rural area grants you more than an address. It grant's you a way of life. By bringing in major industrial plants and warehouses, the entire community landscape will change. All the jobs that are created - how much do you think those pay? I guarantee it's not above average. Who do you think will take those jobs? People from surrounding counties and illegal immigrants, which will raise noise, the traffic flow beyond just the trucks used in those businesses and the crime rate. That's not conjecture, that's fact. Look at Plainfield's statistics over the last 10 years since the construction of all the insustrial parks there - you know, the one's that were supposed to be so great for the community.
bill

Lexington, KY

#32 Jan 18, 2008
good, maybe being zoned major industial we'll get some good solid jobs around here. we need all we can get.
RandyB

AOL

#33 Jan 20, 2008
Jen wrote:
Linda, When I said you could not vote you "MORON" No one on the Morgan County side can vote those commishioners out of thier office. Just how far are you from this proposed site!!! I'm a lot closer than you think. There is plenty of room for growth in Monrovia the right kind. not a plant like this. If you know so much. Let me enlighten you. There have been people already approached about buying their land for hotels, restraunts and so forth. They were told if this concrete plant went through they were not interested in buying their land any more. As for the Vinyl villiage. believe me the people who live in Monrovia did not want those homes going in. The town was told many many times this kind of housing they did not want. they needed homes on bigger lots and higher scale homes, that would genrate more tax money. People fought against it but as usual no body cares how the majority feel. The town of Monrovia deserves those homes, they keep voting in the idiots who make those decisions. so I guess we agree on one thing.
Well then MORON, maybe you should vote in your county and town....and stop worrying about HENDRICKS COUNTY, you have enough of your own fleas to rid.
TheTruth

AOL

#34 Jan 20, 2008
It probably helps a lot walking into a hearing knowing the outcome. Comer and Whicker are like bread and butter....you cant change the good ole boy system, UNLESS YOU GET OUT, VOTE and GET INVOLVED ;)
Jen

Putnamville, IN

#35 Jan 21, 2008
RandyB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then MORON, maybe you should vote in your county and town....and stop worrying about HENDRICKS COUNTY, you have enough of your own fleas to rid.
You know I wouldnt worry about Hendricks county if they were not trying destory everything my husband and I have worked for.. If you don't live in the town of Monrovia, you cant vote for them. Why are you so worried about Hendricks County? Is there something for you in this????
me too

New York, NY

#36 Jan 22, 2008
concerned wrote:
As someone who lives less than 5 miles from the proposed site on the Hendricks County side, I can tell you it does concern everyone in the area, not just someone living next door. People purchase homes in rural areas for specific reasons - some of which include less traffic, less noise, smaller schools, no cookie cutter subdivisions, lower over all crime rate, etc. In exchange, you drive farther to reach shopping, fore go pizza delivery, and commute longer, among other things. Buying a home in a rural area grants you more than an address. It grant's you a way of life. By bringing in major industrial plants and warehouses, the entire community landscape will change. All the jobs that are created - how much do you think those pay? I guarantee it's not above average. Who do you think will take those jobs? People from surrounding counties and illegal immigrants, which will raise noise, the traffic flow beyond just the trucks used in those businesses and the crime rate. That's not conjecture, that's fact. Look at Plainfield's statistics over the last 10 years since the construction of all the insustrial parks there - you know, the one's that were supposed to be so great for the community.
You took the words right out of my mouth, good post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monrovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do locals think of Grey Bros. (Sep '15) Aug 27 Cole 4
Kim Gray Age 44 Nail Tech?? (Apr '10) Jul '16 Suspicious 5
Beware of men who work for sherrils drywall Jul '16 Absolute truth 1
toa Jun '16 courious 3
Dustin Vanhook (Jul '15) Mar '16 Dustinvanhook 2
Nicepak (Dec '14) Feb '16 HHM 2
Sheridans auto. WARNING ! (Jan '16) Jan '16 Looking out 1

Monrovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance