Judges uphold twins' adoption

Judges uphold twins' adoption

There are 21 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 21, 2007, titled Judges uphold twins' adoption. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Court of Appeals on Friday rejected an effort by state child welfare officials to block a New Jersey man's controversial adoption of twins born in Indianapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

Bloomington, IN

#1 Dec 22, 2007
The court found "remarkable DCS' allegation the twins are not a 'sibling group that should be placed in the same home.'... Twins are siblings from birth."
I think that's a rule mostly to cater to children of varying ages, right? Like a 3 yr old, a 5 yr old, and an 8 yr old might be difficult to place. But I don't see twin infant girls being difficult.
This is crazy. This guy is going to be 75 before they graduate high school!
Scooby Doo

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Dec 22, 2007
"All Things DCS" month at the Star.
JACK

Carmel, IN

#4 Dec 22, 2007
just wondering wrote:
The court found "remarkable DCS' allegation the twins are not a 'sibling group that should be placed in the same home.'... Twins are siblings from birth."
I think that's a rule mostly to cater to children of varying ages, right? Like a 3 yr old, a 5 yr old, and an 8 yr old might be difficult to place. But I don't see twin infant girls being difficult.
This is crazy. This guy is going to be 75 before they graduate high school!
There are many older couples that have their own natural born childern & will be in their 60's-70's when they reach high school, are great parents! Should those childern be removed & adopted out to younger people? Quit limiting your thinking.

Go Dad!
you wonder

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 22, 2007
just another great reason to investigate DCS, they seem to be making more and more mistakes, time to have someone else do it this time....
Judy

Lapel, IN

#6 Dec 22, 2007
He is the father so why the contreverseover him having his children. i think he has every right to raise them if he is able.
Just sayin

Shirley, IN

#7 Dec 22, 2007
If it were all on the up-and-up then why didn't he do all of this in his own state? I'm just sayin'...
Aiden

Bellefontaine, OH

#9 Dec 22, 2007
There are many wonderful older parents. It would be devastating to take the children now since they are getting older. DCS thinks they have all they power.
no kidding

United States

#10 Dec 22, 2007
Aiden wrote:
There are many wonderful older parents. It would be devastating to take the children now since they are getting older. DCS thinks they have all they power.
I agree. They are his children. They belong with him. It was stupid to take a bird to the hospital though. I have seen plenty of people bring their pets most everywhere they go. This summer a women brought two birds into a garden center at a Menards store. One was perched on her shoulder, and the other was hanging onto the front of her t-shirt. She also had bird crap on her. I can understand the hospital being upset about that, but to try to use it against him over this was also stupid. CPS always thinks they are above the law, and that their word is God.
TVS

United States

#11 Dec 22, 2007
DCS on the wrong side, again.
Another DCS mess

AOL

#14 Dec 22, 2007
Way to screw up once again DCS! Gee, you're doing a great job protecting the children. DCS needs to take a good long look at itself and make immediate and sweeping changes - the biggest being getting a new director who isn't just one of Mitch's political pawns.
DCS

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Dec 22, 2007
They only placed they screwed up is allowing this mad to adopt these children. This is baby trafficing at its best, I thought they concluded that he wasn't even their biological father. This man was not prepared to care for babies, which is why DCS was contacted to begin with, and rightfully so, I sure hope New Jersey keeps tabs on this family.
Former Hoosier

United States

#16 Dec 22, 2007
I must be late on the story but, if the surrogate mother was from South Carolina and the adoptive father is from New Jersey why were the babies born in Indiana? This seems kind of fishy to me.
As a nurse I have seen some weird things, but bringing a bird into a hospital especially a NICU the nurses were correct in reporting their concerns. I would have reported my observations too. The nurses have to be the babies advocate, to make sure they will be released into a healthy, safe environment.
Mom to 2

AOL

#17 Dec 22, 2007
DCS wrote:
They only placed they screwed up is allowing this mad to adopt these children. This is baby trafficing at its best,\
Nope, it's surrogant (sp?) pregancy at it's worst and it needs to end. Litz deliberately tried to circumvent Indiana adoption law. Why else would a NJ man adopt a SC birthmom's child born in Marion Co. and have the adoption papers filed in Hamilton Co. when Litz is based out of Martinsville?

My fear is that any regulations the General Ass. tries to make will apply to all adoptions regardless of residency and make it harder for those who try to form a family by legal, private adoption.
Creepy

Greenfield, IN

#18 Dec 22, 2007
Is it just me, or is this a bit creepy? What does a 58-year-old want with two little girls? Is he a pedophile?????
Wondering

United States

#19 Dec 22, 2007
Everyone is talking about "older parents", which I have no problem with. What I'm wondering is, does this man have a wife? The article sounds like he is alone, not including the bird he hides in his sleeve that poops all over him. Why is a single 58 year old man trying to adopt 2 baby girls to take back to his state? Maybe there is some reason for alarm that we don't know about. Maybe the agency is trying the best they can to protect these girls from something bad.

United States

#20 Dec 22, 2007
Creepy wrote:
Is it just me, or is this a bit creepy? What does a 58-year-old want with two little girls? Is he a pedophile?????
Well, I don't think she was pregnant before they made arrangements for her to be a surrogate. I'm thinking there were two girls by chance.

I'm not concerned about his age. And I think so many men are automatically vilified because we hear stories of pedophiles (although it appears women are catching up in that category). Look up MISANDRY.

I do feel like taking a bird into a hospital is bad judgement, but if the hospital didn't charge him with a crime they can't hold that against him. Being eccentric isn't a crime.

I hope someone keeps an eye on those girls, but honestly, there are biological parents getting away with murder, literally.
how nice

Fort Wayne, IN

#22 Dec 22, 2007
i couldnt believe the social workers and courts became involved. so, he has a pet parrot--so what? that is not a qualifier for fatherhood.
congratulations and merry christmas -- Stephen!
lilbossy

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Dec 22, 2007
old fool.
Elana

United States

#24 Dec 26, 2007
Yikes. I am sure this guy wants to be a good parent but bringing birds and their feces near premature babies is a poor use of judgment. Bird droppings can carry a large variety of illnesses to which infants would not have immunity (see more about diseases at http://www.bird-x.com/birddiseases.html ). I hope that this experience has pushed him to examine and improve upon his parenting skills.
Concerned Citizen

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Dec 26, 2007
Another DCS mess wrote:
Way to screw up once again DCS! Gee, you're doing a great job protecting the children. DCS needs to take a good long look at itself and make immediate and sweeping changes - the biggest being getting a new director who isn't just one of Mitch's political pawns.
You are a perfect example of the whipsaw job DCS is getting by the citizens of this State, who haven't a CLUE what they REALLY want. FIRST, DCS gets BLASTED for failing to protect and remove a child that dies. NOW DCS gets BLASTED for trying to intervene here when some wacko bird-man comes into a hospital with feces on himself. This dude is not quite right, and all I'm saying is when these kids end up with some disease because of poor hygience, or they die, remember to apologize to DCS. Basically, make up your freakin' minds, people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monrovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News When The KKK Was Mainstream (Mar '15) 20 hr El Rey del Mundo 15
Camby village Jun 2 Nobody 3
Do you know these people? May '17 Curious 1
Anyone know the owner of Accutek Radar Imaging ... (Apr '10) May '17 Christina Pavey 6
News Police, Fire a " April 10 Apr '17 scarboroughB 1
Sherry Barnes Feb '17 Ron 4
Mooresville Traffic Tickets Jan '17 Resident 1

Monrovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monrovia Mortgages