Final Redistricting Drafts Divides Gl...

Final Redistricting Drafts Divides Glendora Into North, South

There are 6 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 30, 2011, titled Final Redistricting Drafts Divides Glendora Into North, South. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Maps approved by the California Redistricting Commission today continue to show a distinct divide in Glendora in its Congressional district boundaries, dividing the city at the freeway into two northern and southern districts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

So Wrong

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 31, 2011
I thought the line between "Pride of the Foothills" Glendora and Baja Glendora was at Route 66. Now they want to let the losers between the freeway and Route 66 into the North?
Opinion G Patch

Covina, CA

#2 Aug 21, 2011
I find it really bizarre that Patch, which purports to be hyper-local 'journalism,' allows unchecked submissions from subjects they're supposed to be covering. I mean, seriously...? Shouldn't there be a discernible difference between a 'news' agency and political mailers?

This isn't journalism, this is a free platform to self-advertise...

(and while you're at it, get rid of the real estate column... doesn't it seem like an active Glendora real estate agent has a vested interest in disseminating information that would be personally beneficial?)
Opinion G Patch

Covina, CA

#3 Aug 21, 2011
Mr. Tessitor not only are you a 4 time incumbent for City Council that has outspent everyone else 14-1 and as a registered Republican using GOOD governance and fiscal responsibility I dont know how you could back Mr. Drier.

Your own views on Athens Trash has been similar and the Red Herring of "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Is against the cities interest and against the GOP mantra.

Drier as a homosexual he has many conflicting views on DOMA and DADT.

Mr. Tessitor I'll end on your blind allegiance to a man who never represented conservative values and never facing a challenger that wasn't backed by Radio Hosts, hopefully those same mediums can be called upon when you decide to run again, or move to Florida and hangout with your grandkids and leave the City Council for real fiscal activists and someone with a good judge of character.
Opinion G Patch

Covina, CA

#4 Aug 21, 2011
The North and people like Douglas Tessitor have always ridden rough shod over the South. And used what ever means they had, mostley illegal to shut down the Souths voice!

Below are the words of Douglas Tessitor, the great divider himself.

One unfortunate result of the redistricting is the fact that Glendora is now divided into two Congressional districts Ė with the 210 Freeway as the dividing line. This will just provide more ammunition for the South vs. North contingent.
Grinch

La Puente, CA

#5 Dec 5, 2011
Chalk up another Democratic legal win on the redistricting efforts for all Americans.

December 05, 2011 the Colorado Supreme Court upheld a district courtís decision to implement a Democratic-drawn congressional map, which will dangle two Republican/Tea Party members.

Republicans appealed the lower courtís decision to the state Supreme Court last month. And of course they lost their back-sides.

Democrats have been the beneficiaries of a string of court decisions ó in Colorado, California, Texas, and Arizona
Mudd wompers

San Dimas, CA

#6 Dec 9, 2011
Leave it to the chowder-heads calling themselves Republican/Tea Party members in the state of California, once again raising to a new low in their foolishness.

Once again they have shown themselves to be spoiled-brats, just like their prez-candidates.

The California redistricting commission responded through Stan Forbes, current chairman, that the Supreme Court previously has found the state Senate maps constitutional and that it is questionable that FAIR's referendum will qualify for the ballot.

These crazy republican/tea party nutty-buddies would rather watch a legal proccess faila nd burn to the ground in order for them to make another silly point thats on top their heads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monrovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 33,654
News Arcata Police report rash of bad LSD trips (May '10) 4 hr nurse rattscjitz 252
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 8 hr Smoke Screen 2,813
Hadjinian abuses use of Fire services 9 hr Reallynowmtb 24
Montebello City Council Meeting 080917 9 hr Reallynowmtb 19
If your brains were half the size of your mouth... 9 hr Reallynowmtb 43
CAUTION! Do not purchase from Sunny Sports Inc.... (Nov '08) Jul '17 dirt bikes 697

Monrovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monrovia Mortgages