Woman, 78, banned for bad language su...

Woman, 78, banned for bad language sues center

There are 44 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 10, 2009, titled Woman, 78, banned for bad language sues center. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

An elderly Monroe woman banned from a senior center for abusive language during a card party has filed a federal lawsuit claiming her free speech rights were violated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
daML

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 10, 2009
I hope she loses. Grow up already!
Natasha Badanaff

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 10, 2009
That's nice, some poor old soul; probably experiencing mental difficulties and there are people around her that just enable the behavior. Good job family members and atty taking the case.
Maplewood

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 10, 2009
Talk about common sense that when you are out in public you should treat everyone with respect and she should have know better. Everyone know there is a code of conduct and honor by the time they are at least 7 years old
Say what

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 10, 2009
What the ^*^%$## was she thinking?!
Go Mama Go

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 10, 2009
When a kitty is naughty do you spank that bad pussycat ? Do you throw it out ? NOOOOOO
You counsel and hug. You love it.
So this Mama told off somebody who probably treated her like a child. Spoke loudly when she could hear ok. Scolded her etc.
Go Mama go.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 10, 2009
its wisconsin..what can yuo say?
Bah Humbug

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 10, 2009
Behring Senior Center director Tammy Derrickson said Milestone didn't treat others with respect, used abusive language and was physically threatening>quote

Just how physically threatening can a 78 year old woman be? Take away her cane or walker and let her back in. Maybe remove her dentures also. Can't be too careful, you know.
Dicky

United States

#11 Apr 10, 2009
Nice lady. Free speech ends when you are violating others rights. Being verbally abusive and physically threatening violated those rights. You lose.
And you want to be awarded compensation also? I hope the judge slaps her with a penalty for a frivolous lawsuit.
The leprechaun

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 10, 2009
C'mon lady, frivolous lawsuits are usually the stuff of wacked-out middle agers. Are the attorneys over there so down on their luck that they go looking for seniors to rip off with some goofy filing? All you need to do is either keep a civil tongue in your mouth or shut the **** up!
Frank N Stein

Andover, MN

#14 Apr 10, 2009
What a money grubbing Old Hag..........

I hope her depends are NOT on sale at Walmug..........

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#15 Apr 10, 2009
"Hey, dont *#$*# with me or I will the *#&#**#**( out of you and your *(#&*#**% center, you (#(I@#)_**@#*!
jct

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Apr 10, 2009
Lady -- you should know by now how to act in public!!
MKA

San Francisco, CA

#17 Apr 10, 2009
Hilarious. You go girl!!
Save US

AOL

#18 Apr 10, 2009
Don't worry Behring Center, because of her age, by the time this goes before a jury Edith will probably be forgetting who she is and what this case is all about. And if she still has a mind "a jury of her peers" won't be too sympathetic.
Sarah

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Apr 10, 2009
Ever heard of personal responsibility? What an idiot. Old does not mean entitled.

Since: Apr 08

Minneapolis

#20 Apr 10, 2009
Everyones a victim, everything is a "disease".
lobster

Excelsior, MN

#21 Apr 10, 2009
Good for her!!!

It's always refreshing to see someone stand up for their rights, whether you agree with them or not.
Yokas

Buffalo, MN

#22 Apr 10, 2009
Sounds like she needs to stay home......
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Apr 10, 2009
Ridiculous.
stpaulbear

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Apr 10, 2009
Fine, throw away the conduct code. Next time this lady gets verbally abusive and threatens other card players, they can just smack her over the head with a chair.

This woman and her lawyer are clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monticello Jul 13 Monroejoe 1
News Canada: Muslim population fastest growing (May '13) Jun '16 Stanley Stenchmouth 270
Trump and the National Debt Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare Mar '16 so you know 1
Albany sucks (May '06) May '15 slayer 30
Glen Oak milling?? (Apr '15) Apr '15 clyde 1
News Green County man arrested for sexual assault (Nov '14) Nov '14 concerned juda pa... 1

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages