Sultan considers disbanding police

Sultan considers disbanding police

There are 14 comments on the The Herald story from Oct 20, 2008, titled Sultan considers disbanding police. In it, The Herald reports that:

The city is considering contracting with the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office for police service starting next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Herald.

carol adolfson

Bridgewater, VA

#1 Oct 20, 2008
if they disband the police scott anderson will get away with cooking meth forever: (
whatever

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Oct 20, 2008
well,why not disband? look at what carole pepperell got away with? maybe the sheriff's department would actually do their job,and be honest,and the taxpayer's wouldn't be paying for needless investigations
carol adolfson

Bridgewater, VA

#3 Oct 20, 2008
good point.
Pravda-One

United States

#4 Apr 25, 2009
whatever wrote:
well,why not disband? look at what carole pepperell got away with? maybe the sheriff's department would actually do their job,and be honest,and the taxpayer's wouldn't be paying for needless investigations
What do you know about Carole Pepperell? There is a REWARD for pertinent information on the case.
Bob Henry

Bainbridge Island, WA

#5 Apr 30, 2009
Seems to me they should send a bill to that crackpot woman who filed all the bogus allegations!
Response

United States

#6 May 5, 2009
Bob Henry wrote:
Seems to me they should send a bill to that crackpot woman who filed all the bogus allegations!
Not even worthy of a response. The responsibility lies with others. Really! You need to do your homework.

Since: May 09

United States

#7 May 7, 2009
Bob Henry wrote:
Seems to me they should send a bill to that crackpot woman who filed all the bogus allegations!
Bob, first and foremost there were NO BOGUS allegations. Carole Pepperell / Feldmann was never cleared on any of the allegations against her. None of the allegations were unfounded. For the rest of you reading this forum who want to know Real TRUTH about this case and Pepperell, please go to http://www.fred-walser.com/2008/06/fred-walse...
for more information. My personal opion, after reading about her and (guilty)walser tells me they are the CRACK POTS and the ones responsible for the tax payers money.
Mikiecan

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 May 7, 2009
I agree with Bob, the Harvies used to live in our neighborhood they were a strange family. Crack pot is a polite term for Gail she is a deceptive crack pot.
Bob Henry

Bainbridge Island, WA

#9 May 8, 2009
tyrannical crackpot justifying things by pointing out a website doesn't doesn't make the bogus factor go away,or the content truthful, it just makes it a bogus website with the bogus allegations and someone spending alot of time trying to get someone to buy into the bogus factor. crackpot should still be sent a bill.
Peaches

United States

#10 May 8, 2009
I'm not quite sure why some of you feel it necessary to use childish names when we could all be having a constructive conversation based on facts.

It is preposterous to believe Snohomish County Sheriff Detectives, Washington State Patrol Detectives, Everett Police Dept. Detectives, a Snohomish County Judge, Whatcom County Prosecutors, several lawyers, City of Sultan officials, Mayor, and investigators, all with mounds of supporting documentation, all bit into a bunch of false allegations.
Investigations do not last over a year based on false allegations, there's usually some substance there. It would be fair to say NONE of these entities or professional career people would put themselves at risk. Common sense tells you this.

If you look at the WSP Findings you will see the categories detectives assigned to the individual allegations against Pepperell: sustained (meaning: the allegation was substantiated), not-sustained (meaning: there is not sufficient evidence to prove or disprove the allegation), unfounded (meaning: the allegation was false or not supported by the facts), and exonerated (meaning: the incident occured, but the employee acted lawfully and properly) In the WSP Findings, NOT one allegation was listed as unfounded or exonerated. And, a criminal investigation evolved as a result of those original allegations.

Additionally, police reports and declarations show Chief Walser was caught covering up for his administrative assistant, Pepperell. How does one explain why Walser informed Carole Pepperell about the "mirror" of the police computers when he was told not to as is told in by Detective Swainson under oath. Do you suppose the computers might have been compromised? Based on that one event, some of that needed evidence to make an allegation sustained might have went bye-bye.

Walser was charged criminally and sentenced with restitution, 240hrs community service, and one year of probation. He pleaded "guilty" to the charges. The restitution was to re-pay City of Sultan for the money he cost them....damages. If Walser had done what was right way back in the beginning, NONE of the investigations would have been necessary. All that money spent could have been prevented. The neighbor had no control over the decisions that were decided by city officials. The neighbor justifiably wanted their crimes investigated and solved. All Walser had to do was investigate and discipline his administrative assistant, but he chose not to....he chose to submit a frauded report so it wouldn't be discovered Pepperell had violated the police databases. He then hid the Sheriff report that showed Pepperell did commit database abuse of her neighbor. Why....one has to wonder....why cover it up? He had the power to discipline her minimally, but he chose to cover her tracks.

Everett PD Detective Grassi's report lays out a trail of evidence that proved the illegal misconduct that took place at Sultan PD. It's astounding. Included in police reports was Pepperell's transcript from her interview. Some of the best evidence is obtained from Pepperell's own statements made to WSP during this interview. She tells on herself.

Civil Service transcripts exposed more violations of the police databases by Pepperell. The problem as stated by the lawyers, was the violations when discovered were beyond the statue of limitations. It doesn't mean it didn't happen...it means they couldn't charge her with the violations.

I find it interesting you from Jackson, MS with what seems to be a strong personal attachment to this Washington case could conclude the allegations are bogus. What is your interest in this case? You appear to know the alleged.
Bob Henry

Bainbridge Island, WA

#11 May 14, 2009
That appears to be a crackppot interpretation or better yet dillusional interpretation of reality. The long justification is not a factual accounting more like a CYA thing. Again crackpot needs to be sent a bill for all her bogus allegations.
Mikiecan

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 May 17, 2009
All roads lead to the fact Gail Harvie likes drama and doesn't hesistate to lie, she's hiding something. Thanks Bob
Peaches

United States

#13 May 21, 2009
Bob Henry wrote:
That appears to be a crackppot interpretation or better yet dillusional interpretation of reality. The long justification is not a factual accounting more like a CYA thing. Again crackpot needs to be sent a bill for all her bogus allegations.
How about you provide substantive and quantifiable evidence to justify your assumptions of Pepperell's innocence. Don't hide behind a mask! Since you choose to doubt the mounds of legal evidence....prove your point...prove you aren't the deceptive one! It's kind of remarkable....because most criminals and those guilty of a crime cry the allegations against them are all bogus, it is all lies, they are the victim, they blame it on the victim, and on and on........

"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance my deride it, but in the end, there it is."

Winston Churchill

Peaches

United States

#14 May 29, 2009
Mikiecan wrote:
All roads lead to the fact Gail Harvie likes drama and doesn't hesistate to lie, she's hiding something. Thanks Bob
It is capricious to say a person who has experienced back to back crimes, such as in this case, likes drama. Your retort is loose and without base. From all the legal evidence in this case it was Pepperell and Walser unveiled as the ones hiding something and caught in lies. I invite you to provide that substantive and quantifiable evidence to prove your point in our debate. It is evident Bob didn't have any substantive evidence to back up his comments. The comments posted by you and Bob are so in sync with each other……the immature rhetoric…..without
substance….diversionary….and obviously both of you portray to know the victim. It’s as if you are one in the same. One has to wonder who is behind the mask!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County GOP party names new chairwoman (Dec '12) Apr '17 becht bris 4
Family in Sultan (Jun '16) Apr '17 Mamma t 2
News Forgotten weed stash donated to Goodwill Mar '17 Shirvell s Shrivel 9
News Snohomish boy beaten for poor report card (Jun '08) Jan '17 Anonymous 13
News Boyfriend Who Smothered Child Gets Prison (Nov '07) Jun '16 Her Daughter Angel 31
News Class Reunions (Jun '16) Jun '16 Anonymous 1
local service companies (Feb '16) Mar '16 Paul Franks 2

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages