Improving roads doesn't fix drivers

Aug 2, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald

In recent years there has been a great deal of comment regarding the safety of U.S. 2. We have seen some significantly horrible accidents along the highway and most of the blame has been placed on the highway. via The Herald

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
druid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

the 2 is definitely bad. that said, the problem is retarded drivers. yes i said retarded. passing at 75 miles an hour in the rain, in the middle of a curve, into oncoming traffic is just plain retarded. riding up to within an inch of someones rear bumper at highway speeds is plain retarded. stopping in the middle of the 2 with no blinker on and making a left turn across oncoming traffic while 500 cars pile up behind you is plain retarded. and having to slow down to 25 miles an hour behind a tractor thats taking up one and a half of the 2 lanes in a 55 mile an hour zone is retarded.

my solution? dont let retarded people drive on the 2.
RonW

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Most of the "drivers" around here are too stupid to breath on their own...much less drive a 2-3 ton guided missle

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

RonW wrote:
Most of the "drivers" around here are too stupid to breath on their own...much less drive a 2-3 ton guided missle
Do you blame the parents, or the state which prevents the parents from taking any but the smallest degree of responsibility?
Steam

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

So, Highlander, when did you start voting? I actually took your advice for the last election.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

Steam wrote:
So, Highlander, when did you start voting? I actually took your advice for the last election.
I didn't vote in the sense that you speak of.
Rather, I merely participated in a straw pole, a thing which has no affect on anyone.

And, I haven't voted since 1999.
Dan

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Our Gov. would rather fix the people than the roads. There is no money in fixing roads, in fact it cost money. Lets hire more cops to hold productive citizens at gun point to justify their existence. Here's an idea, lets fix the people not the roads. there is just more cash in it baby!

A non criminal but severely
profiled citizen.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Dan wrote:
Our Gov. would rather fix the people than the roads.
There is no money in fixing roads, in fact it cost money.
Lets hire more cops to hold productive citizens at gun point to justify their existence.
Here's an idea, lets fix the people not the roads. there is just more cash in it baby!
A non criminal but severely profiled citizen.
An appropriate reply:

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it...
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
"Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted and you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt.
"Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."
Ayn Rand ('Atlas Shrugged' 1957)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monroe Discussions

Search the Monroe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kenagy leaves for the Navy Jul 10 Carol hising 1
Sheriff: Woman stabs neighbor in stomach during... Jul 10 Neighbor 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jun 26 Elise Gingrich 708
Review: Safe2go Driving School Jun '14 Sara Lynn 1
Review: Lake Bronson Club Family Nudist Park Jun '14 Nudistfriendfinder 2
Temple shrine is dream come true for Northwest ... May '14 Elise Gingerich 2
Weekends are for fun: Downton dining, Sausage F... Mar '14 Stan 1
•••
•••

Monroe News Video

•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000